Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2002, 06:07 PM   #1
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

what is music to you?

what does everyone think of music? is it just sound or does it have more of an impact on you? do you relate to it, or look upto the people? i figured we should get a intelecual conversation going, since its been alot of humor latly.

im not gonna be the first to answer, but i have a decent explanation.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 06:56 PM   #2
mylittlecivic

Music means alot to me, I love lyrics and to see how other people feel about things means alot to me since i like to write my own stuff.I listen to music when im happy, sad, or mad there's always something there that i can relate to id probably go crazy with out my music.
maybe i didnt word that right but its somethin like that

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:48 PM   #3
juvenile

It really depends on my mood I guess.
I sometimes just listen to the way a song flows and the beats it has, that mostly happens in the car!
Sometimes at home.
If I'm in some sort of mood (happy, sad, mad, etc) I listen to songs with nice lyrics. But for me, it has to have a catchy beat!
Well, I guess this explains it, if not, ask for more...
Old 11-14-2002, 09:05 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

music is engery to me. it is more than sound, it is a way of life now.
i can realate to most songs in one way or another
the ideas and beliefs of the songwritters has interested me alot lately.
i dont look to songs directly for escape from whatever is going on, good or bad, but it helps me find what i want to know.
i also play guitar.... alot lately, its a way to clear my mind.
it helps me spark creativity and ideas
i had a much better reply, but ive just done 3 hours of database homework, and im quite out of it. i might add to this

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 09:12 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i really don't know what to say about music. I listen to tecnho metals and punk most of the time. i guess it just goes with my mood, and my way of doing things fast. anything with a fast beat goes with me. i'm not playing any instruments aor singing to be inspired from it, but most of my cretive ideas come to me when i listen to music.

did i make any sense ? i'm kind of beat righ now

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 10:26 PM   #6
DsBlu01CivEX

sometimes I use music just as background noise and at that point I don't really care what is playing. But in general music isn't just a sound to me. I listen to lyrics to hear what the singer/songwriter is trying to say. Or at least my interpretation of their words. The same song could mean something completely different to people and can affect them in different ways. I listen to a lot of R&B, rap, and club music.....how much you can take out of those genres I'm not sure...but I'm able to relate some/most of the music to some aspect in my life. When people ask me if I'd rather be deaf or blind and I have to choose one....it's hands down I'd rather be blind....music and sound are very important to me.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 11:42 PM   #7
mylittlecivic

My dad Is blind, his whole career is based on music.He built a radio station in the 80's and hes still workin at it.

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 11:49 PM   #8
mt.biker

i listen to teh message a song is trying to put out.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:30 PM   #9
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I don't know what I'd do without music! I listen to just about anything with the exception of few types. I don't wan to limit myself. It's weird how you can relate to songs. It's almost as if the songwriter wrote it with you in mind. There's some songs where the lyrics don't really mean much, but the music itself just hits you. Music can set the mood and can be so energizing. Do you ever have songs give you goosebumps? It sounds corny but I do.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:51 PM   #10
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Well considering I play guitar and write music...it's a release to me. A way to get out my frusterations, my bad moods...shit like that...music is important to me...it's also very fun for me. I love music...I think music is food for the soul. I love it...I wouldn't be the person I am today with out it.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 03:09 PM   #11
posaccord01

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic
Well considering I play guitar and write music...it's a release to me. A way to get out my frusterations, my bad moods...shit like that...music is important to me...it's also very fun for me. I love music...I think music is food for the soul. I love it...I wouldn't be the person I am today with out it.

yeah i'd have to agree with u...listening to music is a way for me to let out wutevers on my mind at the time. helps me stay out of trouble most of the time. course i also like to jus go home and bash on my drum set at nite and piss everyone else off...
Old 11-16-2002, 10:47 PM   #12
spoogenet

Depends on my mood. I like at least some songs from most genres of music. From classical to techno, some rap to some country. I feel most of today's music is just crap, though, there are only a few artists who stand out to me as ones I will listen to on any regular basis.

I don't get much out of most lyrics I hear on songs. Some of them are well written and I can feel what they're saying, but many other times I just consider the singing to be another instrument rather than spoken word. It depends on the song I guess.

I like music that can evoke emotions. This is one reason I like lyric-free techno music. A song that can instantly put me in a trance, my mind travelling through the pictures the music makes me dream up. But sometimes my mood is for something else.....hence the varying genres.

b