::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2002, 09:14 AM   #1
Ticket2ride21

What's the worst....

What's the worst thing that's happened in your car? Just feel like sharing a story but i'd like to hear some others first...
Old 10-17-2002, 09:26 AM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well... worst:

exterior first off, my home town is nothing but old people, so i have alot of bad drivers back there. i was driving to goto my house on the beach, and this lady just pulled out of a parking lot into me. like she didnt even see me. did 3500 in damage to my drivers side. no frame damage luckly, and no suspension damage. i needed a new door and new rear 1/4 panel. the fender, trunk, and rear bumper got resprayed cause i just wanted them to get painted so my car on that side was all the same(even though my 9 year old paint they said was perfect)

mechanical i miss shifted one time trying to chirp 4th gear, slammed it into 2nd and reved to about 12000 rpms. 9 valve retainer bolts backed off, and i only have 7 valves working in my engine (4 intake, 3 exaust) supprisingly 6 stayed ontop of the head, 2 made it all the way to my oil pan without scratching anything or breaking anything. the head had to come off the engine, and they foudn the last bolt somewhere, and it didnt do any internal damage. it put my car down for 27 days and i bitched daily to the shop cause they kept saying my dohc vtec engine that was moddified had to be worked on by a certian tech at honda. it wasnt modified besides external things(clutch and cam gears where the closest things to internal work), which wouldnt change how you worked on it. if honda didnt have people who could work on my car, they need to fire them. ahhh... im starting to vent now, this was almost a year ago (jan 2002) my car runs strong as hell now after this. i wish i knew the amount of work they were gonna do before i took it to them or i would have gotten cams and new valves at that time too.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:26 AM   #3
Ticket2ride21

Wow! Gotta suck.

Mine....I was sound asleep in my bed at 4 am when my ex called and said she had been left at a party and she was gonna try to drive home (drunk) and I just told her to stay put! Im really against drinking and driving. So being the Knight in shining armor that I am...I got out of bed and went to get her. She got in my car and reaked of alchohol. I couldn't take her back to her house so I took her to mine. We got home and as she was reaching for the door handle..she threw up all over my car! Then passed out. I picked her up and carried her inside and tucked her into bed...then spent the rest of my morning cleaning out my car. I didnt get that smell out for like 2 weeks!
Old 10-17-2002, 10:31 AM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

thats very nice of you. expecialy for your ex.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 12:42 PM   #5
mt.biker

I took out the driver side light, fender and the hood. 20mph bump.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:58 PM   #6
Grip72

HAha..when i first bought my car i was cleaning the interior really really good and as i lifted up the sub box and moved it, there was a dirty little thong sitting right there..covered in mud. Which means that somebody had sex in my car. Andi know the guys gf who i bought the car from..anyways..just sharing..lol
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 01:20 PM   #7
monkut

sex and mud?
Old 10-17-2002, 05:09 PM   #8
DsBlu01CivEX

backed into my parents brand new GMC Jimmy...nothing happened to the Jimmy and I still have $1300 worth of damage to my baby. I really need to save some money!!!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 05:22 PM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

My engine got hydrolocked. That's the worst that's happened..... Over $5000 worth of damage. New short block, valves, etc. Runs great now though.
I'm not gonna type all the details out. You can read it here....
http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...ight=hydrolock
Old 10-17-2002, 05:41 PM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

my rear front crossmeber fell of the car (today) i managed to put it back in place and put new bolts in. i'm waiting for a mig welder to weld all of them. i don't want it to happen again.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:05 PM   #11
VR4_Craver
Banned

My tranny (auto) got stuck in second gear right as i was taking my ex to the doctors office and as she ws being checked out i took the car out to see if it would work itself out of of second. Of course it wouldnt. So i was pissed at that then when we went to leave the doctors the tranny gave me hell and wouldnt go into reverse so i had to push the pile of crap out of the space.... damn car.
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 02:38 AM   #12
Djsteals

things that suck

When I first got my civic, I romped on it way to much....Ended up with a blowing the head gasket, Then some old dude was having a bad day, and decided to hit my front fender with his new Toyota truck, And now the throw out on my clutch is hissing like a pissed of cat.

Prolly should have swapped the engine out after the head gasket went, but didn't. I had the hole thing rebuilt while they were in there for about 1800 bucks. The fender I ordered online for like 70 bucks. The clutch isn't that bad yet so I'm gonna ride it out for abit.

My civic is nothing special, its a 94 ex coupe sohc v-tec, but I love her. I have afew mods I'll update Signature and list them off.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:48 AM   #13
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

I just put the front-fascia on my car and was driving home. Well, the front was a little lower after I did this and didn't realize it. I went to pull into a gas station parking lot and turned to the left to go up a slight hill towards the pumps. As soon as I started heading up the hill I heard a scraaappppeee sound. I pulled in front of the pump and looked under the car to see 3 freshly made scrapes in the paint. I was pissed

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:06 PM   #14
HondaTypeJ

My latest (3 weeks ago) accident. Some old !#@$% decided to come after me for no apparent reason and hit my car on the right side with his car. Damaged the whole right side. Required 2 new doors fender work and new paint. NOT TO MENTION, when I lost control I damaged my power steering rack, wheel axle boot, and brakes...GRRRR! A little over 5G's worth of repair! I got it back a few days ago and it is looking brand new! I love the shaved holes on the trunk lid...where the honda logo was...