Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2002, 12:23 AM   #1
HondaTypeJ

Love trouble...I need advice.

OK, get ready for a long one.
Back when I was in High School (2 years ago) there was this one girl (Norma) whom I had really really fond feelings for. Anyway, I never thought she was interested in me EVER, because she really never talked to me in the classes we had together. Anyway, it was the final semester (right b4 summer), and she finally made it known to me that she was interested in me. We agreed to talk more about it over break (get to know each other, etc) and the beggining of the next school year. Well, because of personal reasons, she was unable to attend high school and later went on into continuation school.
Moving on...Time passed and we grew apart, but it was my fault. She was ALWAYS there...Always trying make an "us", but I would never act apon it, and the thing is I HAVE ALWAYS CARED ABOUT HER, you could even say LOVE. So there she would be calling me, stopping by my work here and there, to talk...inviting me places, you know...just trying and I didnt do a damn thing about it. Eventually she got with this other guy and time passed and now she is engaged... I feel really bad inside you know? It took her to tell me that she is engaged for me to finally realize what was always in front of me and how I never did anything about it. Here is the part where I need help.
I have been with my girlfriend for 6 months, and I DO care about her. And I wont lie about these feelings I have had for Norma (but they were kind of hidden and forgotten about). But now that I know that Norma is engaged, I NOW want to have what I have always wanted with her (sound wierd? I know). I am conflicted...I dont know what to do. Now you are probably wondering..."Dude, YOU have nothing to worry about. This Norma chick is happy and engaged" BUT, she is conflicted too...She is not sure whether this guy is THE one that she wants to spend the REST of her life with. I told her to follow her heart...I want her to be happy (but I also want her for myself), but if I have to let go...then I will. Because her happiness means the world to me. I know this sounds really bad, and the girls that are reading this are probably thinking I am an ass because I have a girlfriend....I wish I could explain it better, but this is as good as I can do it...
Old 04-07-2002, 12:59 AM   #2
Maxvla

dont we have a forum specifically for love q's?
Old 04-07-2002, 01:02 AM   #3
HondaTypeJ

My bad. I had no idea....Im still conflicted though BTW, my friend still hasnt cleaned his stuff up.
Old 04-07-2002, 01:05 AM   #4
Maxvla

no prob... repost there. a mod will be along shortly to close this one.

>>Later>>
Old 04-07-2002, 01:05 AM   #5
Lovebuzz13

Try posting this in the relationships forum. You'll get tons of feedback there.