::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2006, 09:24 PM   #1
CD5Passion

Invisible Children

Ok guy this is a very serious post. The other night I watched a documentary. for 20 years a war has been tearing a country apart a war in the name of God. A war where children are being forced to carry guns and kill before they can even read and write. The rebels of Uganda come in the night and abduct children to fight for them, if they don't they die. Every night the children leave their homes to walk hours into the city to sleep safetly and in the morning walk back home. These are children who know nothing but war, and children who know nothing but blood. They fear for their lives everyday.

in 2003, three guys from California left to find the war and what they found was much more than a war, but they became intangled in the atrocities of everyday life against children.
since their first trip they have gone back and forth and are in the process of making their 2nd documentary. Since then they have started a school for the children so they can learn and have a future and have created jobs to help these children eat and cloth.

Watching this documentary has seriously changed my life. Someday I hope to be able to visit Uganda myself so I can photograph and document this. I want to help, my friend who just graduated Brooks may be going to Uganda to teach for the school started by the three guys. please jsut open your eyes and witness this, it's defiantly worth the view and the DVD is well worth the money. All the money they receive funnels back to their organization in Uganda to help these children. please visit

www.invisiblechildren.com

also watch the trailers
http://www.invisiblechildren.com/theMovie/trailers/

if you think Iraq is bad, this is far worse. yet we aren't over there trying to free a people from a cult...or better yet terrorists.

I'm very serious about this, thank you for listening
-tadashi
Old 02-25-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

I know what you mean..........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:58 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

The sad truth of it is that until West Africa has something important to us, there's no way they're getting our help or anyone else's help. At the moment all they've got is lots of black folks, some shiny rocks, and huge piles of dead bodies. Not nearly as important as oil, especially since raw diamonds aren't nearly as rare or valuable as we're meant to think. That and...well...I can't really think of a way to market dead bodies or black people (insert slavery joke here).

It's a lot like what happened in East Timor (the poorest country in the world with a per capita GDP or $400). We were incredibly focused on Cambodia around that time and mass genocide broke out in East Timor. The only time we ever turned towards East Timor was when we started carpet bombing Cambodia and didn't want the bad press. Maybe it's good that we're more concerned about our interests...but if that's the case we need to be up front about it. No more of this bullshit claiming to spread freedom and free the oppressed. Let's be honest...we'll free your poor ass if you've got something important to us. Sure, it sounds harsh...but c'est la vie. At least I'd respect myself for my honesty.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:38 AM   #4
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
The sad truth of it is that until West Africa has something important to us, there's no way they're getting our help or anyone else's help. At the moment all they've got is lots of black folks, some shiny rocks, and huge piles of dead bodies. Not nearly as important as oil, especially since raw diamonds aren't nearly as rare or valuable as we're meant to think. That and...well...I can't really think of a way to market dead bodies or black people (insert slavery joke here).

It's a lot like what happened in East Timor (the poorest country in the world with a per capita GDP or $400). We were incredibly focused on Cambodia around that time and mass genocide broke out in East Timor. The only time we ever turned towards East Timor was when we started carpet bombing Cambodia and didn't want the bad press. Maybe it's good that we're more concerned about our interests...but if that's the case we need to be up front about it. No more of this bullshit claiming to spread freedom and free the oppressed. Let's be honest...we'll free your poor ass if you've got something important to us. Sure, it sounds harsh...but c'est la vie. At least I'd respect myself for my honesty.

the more and more i learn about the world, the more i want to move
Old 02-26-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
V8killimports

Well if you don't think we are in Africa you are wrong.. not on as large a scale.. but we are there.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
nonovurbizniz

^Just enough americans to document our lack of action or what?

Seriously we're about as "in", in africa as the mission was accomplished in iraq.

Rowanda, Bosnia, Timor, Uganda, etc etc etc, We either do too little too late or not at all.

America is interested in AMERICA and that's it... we don't do things to be nice... and if we do it's only because we know that it's going to make us look good...

Think about it this way... OUR politicians screw US... WTF would make you think they're going to do anything nice for foriegn countries. Politicians are all crooked greedy ass wipes.

Don't get me wrong.. no other country is doing shit either... basically the world just sucks.

This example is def. terrible but the world is FULL of stories like this... I read some article in Natn'l Ggrphc about 2 12 year olds who were the leaders of some burmese guerlla war.

In parts of Africa the GOVERNEMENT circulates rumors that you can cure yourself of aids by being with a virgin. So all these dudes with aids go out and rape YOUNG women down to BABIES thinking they're going ot cure their aids. Lots of the governments either refuse to educate about condoms or even worse spread propaganda denouncing them or even saying they're dangerous.

The world is COMPLETELY fucked.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:54 PM   #7
Robert
R-Tard

My heart goes out to these children. There is alot of money going to Africa already, and military force wont stop the types of cultural issues plaguing the country.

Alot needs to change in the world, but anyone of those African childern would happily switch places with you and live your life. Don't be so ungrateful to the options your life has, but maybe channel it to helping the cause. THough leaving America, or speaking ill of its world policies seems hipocritical considering teh lives you and I lead.

America's world policies serve to protect its population, Steve has even said this before. If Europe, Russia or South America felt so bad about Africa they could start to do something about it too.

Since there is a 700% market up on dimonads Steve I dont think you know what you're talking about. The mines over there are already controlled by North American and European companies.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well if military force won't stop the cultural differences won't stop fighting in a given country, what the hell are we doing in Iraq? Iraq is on the brink of civil war because of cultural differences between Shiites, Sunnis, etc. That's mainly thanks to a bunch of crusty old European dudes who divided up the Ottoman empire after the first world war and created countries regardless of cultural conflicts. In fact I'd go so far as to say that cultural conflicts drive close to if not more than 90% of all wars. So if military action doesn't answer cultural conflicts, what was the point of all of these wars?

And yeah...I did say that America needs to protect itself and it's citizens. I also said that if we were REALLY as righteous as we said we were, we'd either fight for freedom for everyone or at least own up to the fact that we only fight for them when it suits our interests. I really don't care which way we go...as long as we're honest about it.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote