::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
JDMFantasy2k

Need Advice

Well me and my girlfriend have been going for about 5 months now, and we're getting really serious which is great. The problem is that her parents are almost done selling their house so they can move to florida. They were under the impression that she is going to stay up here to attend nursing school, which she had actually withdrawn from. However, she has been working full time and is going to be starting back at community college this week.

Today her parents found out that she was no longer enrolled in the nursing program and (after a huge fight) said that she can either move to florida with them, or she can stay up here on her own witout any help from them. At this point i don't know what to tell her. She wants to stay up here because of me and her friends, however the cost is going to be nearly astronomical. We were planning on her rents setting her up with an apartment and then me moving in, hopefully splitting costs. However, if they don't help out at all then i don't know how she's going to be able to stay up here.

any ideas?
Old 01-17-2006, 12:50 AM   #2
VR4_Craver
Banned

Chances are that her parents are just really pissed off and said things they didnt mean. But, I would get an apartment with her and help her any way you can. He working full time and u you guys should be able to make rent and every thing right?
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:29 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm with Mike. I think they're just pissed about the school thing right now. My guess is that once everyone calms down thing will change. That being said, you might start planning for the worst case scenario where you two will have to support yourselves (assuming she stays which hopefully she will). Trust me man...I've been there and done that. When I was 18 I went to school for 8 hours a day, worked 40 hours a week, and shared an apartment with my now ex girlfriend. It's not easy...but it's life. You can't lean on your parents forever.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:47 AM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

Parents will always help bro. It's an intuition.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:11 AM   #5
Robert
R-Tard

5 months... dont get youself tied up in any finacial responsibilities you're not ready for.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:36 AM   #6
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I'm with Mike. I think they're just pissed about the school thing right now. My guess is that once everyone calms down thing will change. That being said, you might start planning for the worst case scenario where you two will have to support yourselves (assuming she stays which hopefully she will). Trust me man...I've been there and done that. When I was 18 I went to school for 8 hours a day, worked 40 hours a week, and shared an apartment with my now ex girlfriend. It's not easy...but it's life. You can't lean on your parents forever.

yeah, and that's why i figured i'd ask. It just kinda sucks too cause my school schedule is a little crazy at times so i might not be able to work as much as i'd like to.

Quote:
Originally posted by thermal
heh, i'm not too sure about her parent's, her father is an ass.

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
5 months... dont get youself tied up in any finacial responsibilities you're not ready for.

Yeah i've thought of that too, and i figure, we don't have too much to lose. Worst case scenario we move in together and it doesn't work out because of bills or because we breakup, whatever; I'll just move home again, and she'll go to florida. But if we can give it a shot, then we have to try.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:48 AM   #7
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JDMFantasy2k
Yeah i've thought of that too, and i figure, we don't have too much to lose. Worst case scenario we move in together and it doesn't work out because of bills or because we breakup, whatever; I'll just move home again, and she'll go to florida. But if we can give it a shot, then we have to try.

Im not sure how it is in connecticut but I know in Indiana both of us had to sign the lease. Meaning, that if for some reason we break our lease then both of us will have to pay for whatever was left on our lease when we broke it. Worst case is she leaves (or you leave) for some reason and now both of you have to split the remeander of lease.....let just her be on the lease dont tell them that you are gonna live there also. That way only she will have to pay for breaking it off

Quote:

this is true beleive me. My mom was super pissed when I went to New mexico with my now fiancee and she hated everything about me going there but if for some reason something wasnt going good she would aloways be there. Her dad might not like it but he probably will help her....even if he does bitch about it for a while
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #8
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Im also on board with the parents just being pissed. Call their bluff (sounds kinda mean that way...)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:40 PM   #9
Wren57

Yup, call the parents' bluff... just be prepared to go through with it if they call.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:48 PM   #10
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
Im not sure how it is in connecticut but I know in Indiana both of us had to sign the lease. Meaning, that if for some reason we break our lease then both of us will have to pay for whatever was left on our lease when we broke it. Worst case is she leaves (or you leave) for some reason and now both of you have to split the remeander of lease.....let just her be on the lease dont tell them that you are gonna live there also. That way only she will have to pay for breaking it off

yeah i figured we'd do it that way. I'm just not sure how she's going to be able to afford, rent, car insurance, tuition, regular expenses. I mean i'd obviously help with rent and expenses, but i guess she's just going to have to get loans to cope with the other bills.

How are you guys doing it?
Old 01-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #11
Robert
R-Tard

JDM You have tons to lose, moving in with a gf is no small step. I think after that comment you should really think this through because it sounds to me like you aren't looking at all the out comes from this.

Why not just let this unfold as it may and not try to control the situation by presenting options for your gf. Let her come to you wtih her request to either stay there with you or move with her parents. Would that not work better?

I'm no authority on thhis, but i gather you're around 18. Take it easy with the commitement because thats what moving in is.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #12
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
JDM You have tons to lose, moving in with a gf is no small step. I think after that comment you should really think this through because it sounds to me like you aren't looking at all the out comes from this.

Why not just let this unfold as it may and not try to control the situation by presenting options for your gf. Let her come to you wtih her request to either stay there with you or move with her parents. Would that not work better?

I'm no authority on thhis, but i gather you're around 18. Take it easy with the commitement because thats what moving in is.

mmm true enough. I do want her to make her own decision but at the same time i feel bad that i'm not doing what i should to help. Fourtnately the most current deal on her parent's house fell through, so that will hopefully give the situation more time to unfold.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

I went to a Vacational School and got placed my Senior year. I've work here ever since (on my 10 years now.) No college tuition to pay for either..
Old 01-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #14
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I went to a Vacational School and got placed my Senior year. I've work here ever since (on my 10 years now.) No college tuition to pay for either..

cause that almost helps
Old 01-18-2006, 03:09 PM   #15
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Pff...I li' in ma momma's house
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:08 AM   #16
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
Pff...I li' in ma momma's house

heh no shame in that, cheap, and she'll still take care of ya
Old 01-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #17
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
yeah i figured we'd do it that way. I'm just not sure how she's going to be able to afford, rent, car insurance, tuition, regular expenses. I mean i'd obviously help with rent and expenses, but i guess she's just going to have to get loans to cope with the other bills.

The way we are doing it is that I make enough to cover all the bills (career job ) and support our son. We are also suffering in a 1 bedroom apartment with a infant. Beleive me it wont be fun but youll be living. Together. I dont know about out there but we got a 1 bedroom for only 400 a month and all we pay is electric. Luckily our heating is gas.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:13 PM   #18
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I say stay out of it. It's between her and her partents. Don't tell her what or what not to do. Not your fight. And besides..it's only been 5 months...Don't get to worked up over it.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote