Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2004, 06:20 PM   #1
VR4_Craver
Banned

How come?

At my boring ass job I thought of some things I couldnt answer my self. So maybe you guys could help me out.

1.How come you never hearing of a JDM eclipse or anything like that? Always JDM honda stuff.

2.How come mitsubishi is still offering 10 year/100,000 mile warranties if that is the reason they are going belly up?

3.How come you can never find the thing that you are desperately trying to find, but when you dont need it, there it is?

4.How come there are people in this world that there are sitting on billions ( Gates, Waltons, Hiltons) and always preach they want to help, yet there are still hungry and un-housed people?

5.How come all the girl comedians are lesbian?

6. Good guys end last?

7. DSM's only include certain talon/eclipse/laser in certain years but later years are the same but they arent called dsms?

These are just a few that I couldnt figure out....
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
mylittlecivic

interesting, because this world is a corrupt shit hole

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:55 PM   #3
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
interesting, because this world is a corrupt shit hole

and that's it in a nutshell right there folks..........

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:36 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Re: How come?

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
At my boring ass job I thought of some things I couldnt answer my self. So maybe you guys could help me out.

1.How come you never hearing of a JDM eclipse or anything like that? Always JDM honda stuff.

2.How come mitsubishi is still offering 10 year/100,000 mile warranties if that is the reason they are going belly up?

3.How come you can never find the thing that you are desperately trying to find, but when you dont need it, there it is?

4.How come there are people in this world that there are sitting on billions ( Gates, Waltons, Hiltons) and always preach they want to help, yet there are still hungry and un-housed people?

5.How come all the girl comedians are lesbian?

6. Good guys end last?

7. DSM's only include certain talon/eclipse/laser in certain years but later years are the same but they arent called dsms?

These are just a few that I couldnt figure out....

1. i guess the usdm parts are almost the same as the jdm ones

2. because it's a marketing gimmic (sp??). i know a lot of their cars are excluded from their warranty because of racing. read last month's car and driver.

3. actually that's one of murphy's laws

4. beats me

5. I dunno

6. I thought that was a given

7. Well the 89-99's eclipses were some joint venture between chrysler, mitsubishi and some other company. a mitsuy guy can answer more of this.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:58 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

1) im unsure of this, but i think its because diamond star motors(DSM) was a joint effort by mitsu/crystler and there wasnt much of a difference between the two. also i dont think the cars were as big a hit in japan as hondas are. also in general people who really "tune" ecliplses dont go after jdm stuff the same way honda kiddies do. eclipses can have alot more money dumped in the engine/performance before the point of diminishing returns and generally if you buy an eclipse you buy it for looks(ie: buy apc crap or stuff along that nature) or you buy it to make it fast. even if you go the showcar route on this, in my past experience eclipse owners are more after the rare bodykits and thousands of gauges and crap in their car than a jdm cupholder out of the 96 modle only avalible in red on the tuesday production vehical durring the mid of august.

2) im going bankrupt, and i know that a good way to boost sales is to offer a long warrenty on my product. if i do go bankrupt, well im no longer a company and its gonna be real hard to show up to a nonexsistant dealer to get work done. if this marketing scheme works, then ive boosted sales enough to stay in business and i can then afford to honor those warrentys that were handed out.

3) ive had this happen hundreds of times and finally came to a conclusion that sits well in my head. when your looking for something, its just that. your looking for it, you think about where you've had it and what you did with it and you end up tearing everything apart trying to find it. but when your not looking for it, you are still subconsiously(sp?) looking at everything around you, and when you stumble across it for whatever random reason it seems like you only found it cause you stoped looking, when it was only a matter of time before you look back to the place you left it last.

4) honestly who are they to feed every hungery person in the world? they have aquired their billions through their lifetime somehow, anbd they do give alot to charitys and whatnot, but it really comes down to "you can give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day but you teach him to fish and he will eat for a lifetime" its no ones responsibility but your own to get off your ass and make things happen for you. everyone (in this counrty at least) has a chance to make something out of themselves, but if your not modivated and think that someone will take care of you then your SOL because its no private individuals responsibility to look after the hungery masses who think everything will be handed to them. also ive noticed alot of these hungry families are just that, low income or no income families. that was an error on the parents judgment. if you cant adiquitly support yourself then you have no right whatsoever to bring another human into this world to only suffer the same poverty your living in. it might be a rough or asshole outlook on it, but its the truth.

6)

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:09 PM   #6
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate

4) honestly who are they to feed every hungery person in the world? they have aquired their billions through their lifetime somehow, anbd they do give alot to charitys and whatnot, but it really comes down to "you can give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day but you teach him to fish and he will eat for a lifetime" its no ones responsibility but your own to get off your ass and make things happen for you. everyone (in this counrty at least) has a chance to make something out of themselves, but if your not modivated and think that someone will take care of you then your SOL because its no private individuals responsibility to look after the hungery masses who think everything will be handed to them. also ive noticed alot of these hungry families are just that, low income or no income families. that was an error on the parents judgment. if you cant adiquitly support yourself then you have no right whatsoever to bring another human into this world to only suffer the same poverty your living in. it might be a rough or asshole outlook on it, but its the truth.

That's basicly the same damn thing i was gonna say...you just said it a lot better, so i'll copy you...They earned every penny they have...so don't worry who they give it to, or if they even give anything away...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote