::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2004, 07:50 PM   #1
AkimboStylee

well i love my parents, see inside....

well after all the problems with my car, they decided that it was time i need a new car, and after sveral test drives i decided to go with this:2005 SRT-4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base Price: $20,450.00
M Package $0.00
Options: $1,880.00
Color: ($50.00)
Destination: $545.00
MSRP: $22,825.00
Accessories: $328.00
$23,153.00

the car will be in their name so i will be named secondary driver so i will pay 80 bucks a month for insurance, and 240 bucks a month for the car, i know alot of you dont like this car car but it moves, the only thing i dont like about it is that it has dual exhaust, and its a 4 cyl. but i just have to wait till august for delivery, but by then it will be the new series (2005) and god i cant wait!!!!!! i love that new car smelll!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2004, 08:16 PM   #2
Wren57

Awesome dude! I rode in one lately and was very impressed, especially by the interior quality. I really liked it. Congrats on the purchase.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:17 PM   #3
AkimboStylee

i cant wiat, 2 months 30 days 3 hrs 44 minutes!
Old 05-24-2004, 08:21 PM   #4
pimpinprelude

i hate you!!

naww.. have fun with it!
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:56 PM   #5
AkimboStylee

hate is such a harmful word

its all good, but i will be paying for it in the end
Old 05-24-2004, 08:57 PM   #6
VR4_Craver
Banned

Ill still kill you.....well maybe not.

Congrats though
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:03 PM   #7
ShagginJet

Not a bad car, has some balls, but it comes down to one thing that you're overlooking. You're still driving a neon....

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:37 PM   #8
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Nice car bro. I just came home from driving one of those and a 2002 SE-R and i would definetely choose the SRT-4 but its not my cup of tea. But have fun with it. Why in the world do u have to wait till august?
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:10 PM   #9
AkimboStylee

2005 series isn't out for 'delivery' till august, plus i got it customized to the way i like it, like mopar coilovers with tokicko blue shocks, SINGLE exhaust, and other stuff on the interior, the price went up cause all of that stuff, plus there is goung to be an extended warrenty,they said latest i would get the car would be begining to mid august, if not earlier. i also test drove the MAGNUM, its got balls, but i still dont like the fact that it is a station wagon!!!
Old 05-24-2004, 10:28 PM   #10
pbateson

Are you going to pay all the money for car?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:41 PM   #11
V8killimports

Why don't you like dual exhaust??
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:55 PM   #12
IALuder

dual exhuast for a 4 banger. thats pointless.

but i still agree with these comments nice car, not my cup of tea, hate neons, have fun with it.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:58 PM   #13
AkimboStylee

Cause i think it is pointless on a 4 cyl, it cuts down power, plus i want to make it look a little like a regular neon, to give it that sleeper look, i wish i had the extra money for the turbo upgrade, but that will come later. what is cool is that if i buy any greddy turbo product, i can get it installed at dodge, and not have my warrenty voided! but among other things, i found the list of all the other options, and i am tired so i will list a few. greddy type-s BOV, mopar intake, mopar downpipe, mopar stutbar(s) (i have to find out if i recieved all four or not), greddy TT, and a few interior mods like Mopar STS, KICKER Livin' loud extreme SOund package, Leather Viper-like seats, oh and i am going to check and see if i can get a different set of rims cause those aren't working for me, i really like these: !_________!_______!
Old 05-24-2004, 11:01 PM   #14
AkimboStylee

Quote:
Originally posted by pbateson
Are you going to pay all the money for car?

i am paying for it, but my parents have better credit than i do, so i am going to be the secondary driver, to save on insurance, i am taking a loan for it, hey why not, i am making good money, 13.5 an hour, 48 hours a week, plus my allowence from the govt of a grand a month, im looking at 32,000 a year working in the culinary feild!
Old 05-25-2004, 02:48 AM   #15
mylittlecivic

damn you got it made

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 03:37 AM   #16
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by krwheeler85
i also test drove the MAGNUM, its got balls, but i still dont like the fact that it is a station wagon!!!

Have you seen the comercial for that rolling cube of shit where it blows past a fuckin Lotus Esprit? I just about threw up when I saw that. Dodge needs to realize that none of their cars are fast off the lot (with the exception of the Viper and Ram SRT-10...both listed at at least $50K or more). Quick, maybe...but not fast.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 11:15 AM   #17
vtracer20

my buddies dad has one and it halls ass...i know it's a neon but they deff did a great job with the car...all they need now is to redesign the outside of the car cause it looks like a POS....but anything with a nice silver intercooler on teh front gots my
Old 05-25-2004, 11:55 AM   #18
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 12:17 PM   #19
biker's back

cant say i'd be all too impressed with the neon with a turbo of a car. For that money I would have picked from a handelful of other cars.

Cant you get a rsx-s for that money? I'd even get a matrix over this. But hey hope yuo like it, when it all blows up after 30k let me know how hard it is to have the turbo/motor warrantied.

Things roll fast though, gf and I raced one on the highway.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:30 PM   #20
AkimboStylee

well one reason i went with the srt-4 was it was a domestic, and my insurance is 100 less cause of that, so that is one reson i got it
Old 05-30-2004, 01:50 PM   #21
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

what kind of insurance do you have that charges more for a non-domestic??
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:16 AM   #22
AkimboStylee

its the fact that if i wreck the car, the parts will cost more, and that acura and honda cars bring the national average of stolen cars up, thats why i said imports, if i had the money to pay for the insurance i would, but i dont.

i got a call from the dealership, and they said that they had a 2k4 srt-4 with 150 miles (not 150000, 150) and they said it was the color i was looking for, and since it was used, i could get it cheaper, so im going down there tomorrow to look, so i might just settle for that. they also told me that for the price i was going to pay, if i want to they will throw in the Greddy package(greddy turbo, bov, wastegate, intercooler, fuel management, turbo timer, and a few other goodies and it will still be under the warrenty which i upgraded to a 100,000 mile 7 year warrenty, at which time i can add on an additional warrenty if suited) so its all cool.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:46 AM   #23
biker's back

It better be $100/month because $100/year is nothing to buy a car over. Hell this weekend I burned through $100 in gas...

Dont buy the domestic, it'll be nothing but problems.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:21 AM   #24
juvenile

If he has 7 year full coverage, then why not? Drive it for 7 years and sell it.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:32 AM   #25
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
If he has 7 year full coverage, then why not? Drive it for 7 years and sell it.

but its worth nothing in 7 years, or actually in 2 years
Old 05-31-2004, 12:22 PM   #26
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by krwheeler85
well one reason i went with the srt-4 was it was a domestic, and my insurance is 100 less cause of that, so that is one reson i got it

so they'll charge you less for a turbocharged dodge than they will for a N/A acura. do you have jimbobs insurance or something?
also the most stolen car is a saturn, which is a domestic.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:48 PM   #27
AkimboStylee

the most stolen car is a honda accord, then an integra, then a civic, saturn is like six, neon is like 20th
Old 05-31-2004, 04:40 PM   #28
CD5Passion

actually last i saw a Camry is among the #1 stolen car, but yeah I can understand almsot any older honda or acura my friend actually proved that to me by showing me his 94 teg could be unlocked with my 96 accord key. and it took him less than a minute to do.
BUt still it's a neon, it depreciates like a mutha as soon as you drive it off the lot, and in a few years be worth 5k at most, which isn't that great seeing as you what you paid. plus the engines start making these weird knocking sounds and steering makes even weirder sounds.
but still it's your money you do what you, "its not my cup of tea"
Old 06-01-2004, 02:29 AM   #29
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
actually last i saw a Camry is among the #1 stolen car,

This is true. Camrys can actually be unlocked and even started with keys from other Camrys with no trouble at all. My aunt used to own a Camry until one day she left a shopping mall, got into a Camry (same year, model, and color) and started it before realising it wasn't hers. She put the car up for sale the week after. Actually...last I heard imports were easier to steal than domestics. The reason was the locks. Something about how domestic manufacturers have many more years of experience so the tolerances inside the locks were to the ten thousandths of an inch whereas imports weren't nearly that. I dunno if that's still true, but it may account for the easy of theft of so many imports. Also, I used to have a set of "jiggler" keys for domestics and one for imports. Jigglers can sometimes be used to get into a car without the right key (I promise you...they were for legitimate use as I used to help out on a wrecker) and the set for imports was a LOT smaller than the domestic set. Just a thought...

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 06-01-2004, 04:22 AM   #30
AzCivic

ok smart asses your wrong

http://motortrend.com/features/news/112_news41/

also my insurance company (allstate, not jimbobs, let me know before i even had to search)
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:34 PM   #31
Duckydos

LOL. Funny.
I have mixxed reactions on the SRT-4. I know several people with SRT-4's (on dyno'ed at 390hp). Put slicks on them and they will run mid 13's stock. More so, you can beat most everything from a 40mph roll.

But still, it is just a Neon (even though it doesn't say Neon ANYWHERE on the car, registration, or title) and they overlooked a few things (such as rear crank windows).

Being said, I would take the SRT-4 over an RSX-S anyday. KR, best of luck with the new car when you get it.

-Ducky
Old 06-02-2004, 03:17 AM   #32
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
ok smart asses your wrong

http://motortrend.com/features/news/112_news41/

also my insurance company (allstate, not jimbobs, let me know before i even had to search)

Maybe so...maybe no. If you read closer it says they're the most stolen PER CAPITA. So if they sold more of them then theoretically that rating could drop. That makes the rating a bit skewed. But then again I suppose it all depends on how you define "most stolen".

Duckydos...forget that it's a Neon...it's a Mopar and that's nuff said. I'd buy it, have fun with it until about a month before the warranty expires, then sell the fucker. Neons just haven't been reliable in the past. I know this one's built stronger, but if they couldn't handle the power before, I don't see that bulking it up AND giving it more power will make much difference.

Old 06-02-2004, 11:33 AM   #33
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Actually AzCivic is right. I was at work the other night watching CNN and they had the report of the most stolen vehicles in the US, and the Saturn SL was at #1. I'm not argueing that the Integra isn't on that list...just the SL is first.
http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosins...b03-162665.htm

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...yet25605251414
Look at the amount of integra's..hahah WHOA!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C293...0917%2C00.html

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote