Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2003, 11:55 PM   #1
MAXed Out
6th Gear

This Forum is awesome!

I went to a nissan forum to ask for some help for my maxima and no one seems to answer what i asked them to. When i came here every one offered their help but the nissan forum is annoying the shit out of me. So for any one that knows anything about nissan's please tell me how to change the damn shift knob on it. I have tried taking it off with everything. now the leather is just turning around on the knob.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:24 AM   #2
Kyle
elyK

617 posts and you JUST NOW found this out?...for shame

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 03:18 AM   #3
silver

it should just come off by turning it counter clockwise.

which nissan board did you got to? that is why i tend to stay away from nissan boards, too much of a holier than though attitude.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 02:39 PM   #4
MAXed Out
6th Gear

I tried doing that with just about everybody that i knew. It didn't come off. The leather on it just keeps on slipping on the knob or something so i think i'm about to cut it off or something.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
Old 12-19-2003, 05:35 PM   #5
sohc_vtec 2NR

a couple of my buddies both have nissans and i sometimes go on it and i thought mustang owners hate hondas...nissan owners are worse... '87 integra can attest to this... a lot of their signiture says things like "honda sucks, FF can't drift, bla bla blah!" and i know most of us here don't talk shit about other car makes...shame on them!!!
Old 12-19-2003, 10:19 PM   #6
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by Acura_86
I tried doing that with just about everybody that i knew. It didn't come off. The leather on it just keeps on slipping on the knob or something so i think i'm about to cut it off or something.

you'll need a new shifter if you do probably. the knob should be screwed on...no way to turn it without using the leather as a handle?
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 11:28 PM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

Did you go to freshalloy.com? They are okay over there. It takes a long time for peeps to respond tho...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 01:40 AM   #8
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Nah i have a bad impression about them so i'm gonna stay away from them for a while. But im gonna cut it open tommorow(GORILLA STYLE) and see what i can do about it. I was also thinking of making it a lil shorter just so it looks right!
Old 12-20-2003, 01:43 AM   #9
HndaTch627

try pulling the boot down off the knob and make sure there's not a jam nut(locking nut) snugged up against the bottom.

Jeremy
Old 12-21-2003, 11:49 PM   #10
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Nah i tried that before HndaTch627 but no luck. I got really mad and started twisting with my dad and the leather on the rubber know started twisting so i was like forget it. Being mad and all that crap i took a utility knife and went at it for 15 minutes but no luck untill my bro (Hondaman-iac) helped out. I still have to shorten the shifter and get a new boot for it so it will look slicker