::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2003, 11:53 PM   #1
jaberg00

Convert to power

how hard is it to convert a civic DX coupe to power windows and door lock, can i just get a ex coupe door and swap it, and if i get and ex or lx guage cluster 92-95 is the harness the same so i can have the RPM guage. ITS A 5 GEN DX 92-95. can N.E.1 help.
Old 08-16-2003, 06:08 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

you dont need an entire door...but that would be the easiest way I suppose (having all the wires, grommets, etc)...so YES that will work. You will also need to add the power supply but thats pretty obvious

and yes for the cluster too...EX or SI cluster for a tach
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 07:34 AM   #3
yin_immortal

the easiest way to add power locks would be to to go to your local stereo shop and have them install actuators in each door controlled from a remote. If you already have an alarm then they can intergrate the locks onto the remote key pad. Swapping the door and the wiring harness will be difficult because you have to isolate the wires that give power to the door locks, and i am pretty sure the car doesn't come with that capability. we do lots of actuators at my shop and the easiest and lest expensive fix
Old 08-17-2003, 11:20 PM   #4
bent_remy

Quote:
Originally posted by yin_immortal
the easiest way to add power locks would be to to go to your local stereo shop and have them install actuators in each door controlled from a remote. If you already have an alarm then they can intergrate the locks onto the remote key pad. Swapping the door and the wiring harness will be difficult because you have to isolate the wires that give power to the door locks, and i am pretty sure the car doesn't come with that capability. we do lots of actuators at my shop and the easiest and lest expensive fix

Well I have a 95 dx with power windows and power door locks and ther are a coupe of ways that you could go about this swap. The easiest way to add power door locks would be to get the actuators, wiring harness and door panels from an 92-95 ex and have them installed at the shop (unless you are familar with wiring). The cheapest way that this can be done is to pick up one of those $50 universal door lock kits on ebay and have that installed. Th eonly problem with that is that you will loose thw factory look of the interior because aftermarket switches will have to be placed on you door panels. You can also have it wired to your alarm as well or as an alternative to cutting holes in your door panels for new stwitches, but that is you want to fumble around with the remote every time you want to open doors. THe same can be done with the windows. I would suggest going with the factory pieces because everything will bolt directly on. Aftermarket kits usuall are not as fast (*windows*) or as reliable as the factory ones are.