Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2003, 10:48 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Damnit....it's happening again

I know we've already had one "The Fast And The Furious 2" threads here, but I just saw a trailer for it and I'm pissed. What the hell is it with these people and destroying any car that can run a sub-15 second 1/4 mile? Last time it was a Charger. This time in the trailer they show a Saleen Mustang getting crushed under a semi. What the hell is wrong with these pricks? Maybe they could draw some domestic kids if they....oh...I dunno...DIDN'T BLOW UP EVERY F*CKING AMERICAN CAR THAT CAN RUN A 13! Don't get me wrong...I love gawdy looking imports with useless wings and scoops that lead to nowhere, but why not appeal to ALL automotive enthusiasts, not just 16 year old kids who think their mom's Corolla would look cool with neons and a Folgers can on the tailpipe. Not to say the last one didn't have any cool cars...that Supra was pretty cool but it's coolness was nulled by 18 second show cars blowing flames out of the exhaust like they had a chance in hell of being fast. Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 10:57 PM   #2
OPAKRACING

I agree with adding some muscle cars in there...but

Shut up bout the imports...so you think the scoop in the STi's hood leads to no where? Even for its top mounted intercooler?

The STi would make your car dissey runnin circles round it.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:59 PM   #3
juvenile

I agree with you that this movie blew up the race/rice scene, and I don't know if the positive effects (more products available) outweighs the negative ones (16 year old punks like you mentioned. And don't forget how they think they're race car drivers)
I definately liked the movie. It was interesting watching all those cars and that's how I really became interested in cars at first. But after that, the whole thing went over board and now the police are stepping in overtime. Something has to be done with real enthusiats (Both imports and domestics. We have to get a long eh!!!) to prevent things from getting WAY out of control.

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
Shut up bout the imports...so you think the scoop in the STi's hood leads to no where? Even for its top mounted intercooler?

The STi would make your car dissey runnin circles round it.

Dude, I'd be careful what you say. Do you have proof of that? Have you seen both cars race a few times? If no, then how can you say laps? And I bet his car is below the 14 if not 13 mark for sure. In order for the STi to run laps like you say, it has to be like 11-12 second car if not faster. I don't think that car runs anywhere near that stock.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:04 PM   #4
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
I agree with you that this movie blew up the race/rice scene, and I don't know if the positive effects (more products available) outweighs the negative ones (16 year old punks like you mentioned. And don't forget how they think they're race car drivers)
I definately liked the movie. It was interesting watching all those cars and that's how I really became interested in cars at first. But after that, the whole thing went over board and now the police are stepping in overtime. Something has to be done with real enthusiats (Both imports and domestics. We have to get a long eh!!!) to prevent things from getting WAY out of control.

Dude, I'd be careful what you say. Do you have proof of that? Have you seen both cars race a few times? If no, then how can you say laps? And I bet his car is below the 14 if not 13 mark for sure. In order for the STi to run laps like you say, it has to be like 11-12 second car if not faster. I don't think that car runs anywhere near that stock.

STi stock runs 13's, and with some basic mods it runs 11's...from a 4 banger...i'm refering to his pointless hood scoop comment.

V8 domestics aren;t the only real race cars in our lil American world GT
Old 04-10-2003, 11:37 PM   #5
juvenile

Quote:
STi stock runs 13's, and with some basic mods it runs 11's...from a 4 banger...i'm refering to his pointless hood scoop comment.

V8 domestics aren;t the only real race cars in our lil American world GT

That's still not laps my friend. Again like I said, you dont' know what he's running and how the two cars will fully do until you seem them both really race at it at a track.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:43 PM   #6
OPAKRACING

Don't take ever word of mine so serious....that was supposed to insinuate, that it was faster.

And plus, the fast and the furious movies are supposed to cater to todays hot rods...the import tuner lifestyle...and it does just that. Imports and domestics both have their pros and cons...like imports can handle, and domestics can't...domestics rule in strait lines, and imports ya gotta put a bit more money into them for them to be notable in a strait line.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:40 AM   #7
get_probed

Quote:
Imports and domestics both have their pros and cons...like imports can handle, and domestics can't...domestics rule in strait lines, and imports ya gotta put a bit more money into them for them to be notable in a strait line.

yea those are pretty broad generalizations, man
IDomestics cant handle?? Domestics always rule in straight lines??
Old 04-11-2003, 01:16 AM   #8
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

***WARNING***

DO NOT turn this into an imports vs. domestics thread.

No bashing, either way. Carry on.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 06:28 AM   #9
pauls-si

Re: Damnit....it's happening again

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I know we've already had one "The Fast And The Furious 2" threads here, but I just saw a trailer for it and I'm pissed. What the hell is it with these people and destroying any car that can run a sub-15 second 1/4 mile? Last time it was a Charger. This time in the trailer they show a Saleen Mustang getting crushed under a semi. What the hell is wrong with these pricks? Maybe they could draw some domestic kids if they....oh...I dunno...DIDN'T BLOW UP EVERY F*CKING AMERICAN CAR THAT CAN RUN A 13! Don't get me wrong...I love gawdy looking imports with useless wings and scoops that lead to nowhere, but why not appeal to ALL automotive enthusiasts, not just 16 year old kids who think their mom's Corolla would look cool with neons and a Folgers can on the tailpipe. Not to say the last one didn't have any cool cars...that Supra was pretty cool but it's coolness was nulled by 18 second show cars blowing flames out of the exhaust like they had a chance in hell of being fast. Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I really doubt that it was a real saleen it was probably just a v6 stang with a saleen kit......and the corolla comment .....i've seen 400 horse corollas.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:54 AM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
***WARNING***

DO NOT turn this into an imports vs. domestics thread.

No bashing, either way. Carry on.

Exatly...

As for this discussion, WTF is the big deal!?!

Its just a Focking MOVIE They blow up everything in the movies. Ive seen everything from chevettes to focking Ferraris.

WHO THE FOCK CARES!?!
Old 04-11-2003, 06:56 AM   #11
cashizslick

Quote:
The STi would make your car dissey runnin circles round it. [/b]

I doubt that, his car is probably pretty quick. I dont think it would get left in the dust.

Just cause we honda fans are jealous b/c mustangs come stock w/more at the crank than we will probably ever have means nothing - mustangs can be real fast cars.

I wish that dumb movie did have a few American Cars in it - something to shut up the ricers about how their 10 second Civic (only with altezzas and fart can) will beat anything.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying that i would get rid of my honda by anymeans.
- im just saying that i have respect for most american muscle (except the cavileer and neon lol) and i enjoyed riding in my buddies 89 cobra w/Trickflow Aluminum Heads, Big Cam (dont know specs), rocker rollers, pullies, fuel system, cold air intake, headers, and Flowmasters (X pipe design) with no Cats.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:01 AM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I cant wait untill I get a mustang.. Twin Turbo baby! Over 500hp almost 600 ft.lbs of torque.. w00t!
Old 04-11-2003, 07:08 AM   #13
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I cant wait untill I get a mustang.. Twin Turbo baby! Over 500hp almost 600 ft.lbs of torque.. w00t!

LOL, i wanna have one two, just cause it would be fun to have and drive around a few times in the summer. I do like them, but they are a bit unreliable for my tastes (my buddy is always outside fixin his) - thats why id have 2 cars.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:19 AM   #14
Duckydos

Twin Turbo mustang???

...right....
Old 04-11-2003, 07:36 AM   #15
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Duckydos
Twin Turbo mustang???

...right....

What part is so hard to believe?

Exhibit A... The mustang..

Exhibit B... Twin Turbos.. Count them, they are there. (BTW, the turbos are the little things in between the radiator and the fenders Behind the headlights.)

92 Mustang
1st ITS Mustang Kit
530rwhp 537rwtq on Pump Gas
stock shortblock - 10 months and still rocking

ITS 1987 - 1993 Mustang Stage 1
Turbo Kit

This kit is designed to "blow away" the supercharged competition with faster boosting response and awesome low end torque. Pound for pound this kit will produce more power than comparably priced chargers.
Two T3 turbos internal wastegate and actuator with stainless gaskets. The Intercooler is a 24x10x2.75 (core size) top to bottom flow. This kit comes with 1 5/8 headers, 2 1/2 downpipes, grade 8 bolts, 2" turbo to intercooler piping, 3" Intercooler to intake piping, silicon hump hose for vibrating and flexing positions, flexable hose that adapts to different size meters and T-bodies, stainless clamps,stainless braided teflon brakeline for oilfeed, stainless braided drain line, reusable air filters and a boost controller. Uses stock or aftermarket H-pipe requires battery relocation everything else to install is included with instructions. Rated up to 400 WHP.

+ $150 for Billet Type 1 BOV
+ $450 for ceramic coating of hot parts

Retail $2895.00
- 0% Discount = $0.00

Yours for only $2895.00
(<--- Thats cheaper then tiny single turbo kit for the civic!)

Wake up people.. The world doesnt revolve around hondas!
Old 04-11-2003, 07:59 AM   #16
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I'll still go see the movie. Its is a movie after all. Not real life.

Quote:
Wake up people.. The world doesnt revolve around hondas!

Preach on Brotha Rice, Preach ON!
Old 04-11-2003, 08:05 AM   #17
cashizslick

Nice car, but im more a fan of the "notchback" style.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:13 AM   #18
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick

Nice car, but im more a fan of the "notchback" style.

I love the Notchies... Probably my favorite mustang.. Im just a sick person though..
Old 04-11-2003, 08:18 AM   #19
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Im just a sick person though..
Old 04-11-2003, 12:00 PM   #20
OPAKRACING

I just hate it when people with domestics come here to bash hondas...this is a honda forum...tell me why they're here? the only reason is to bash us, and they say there here to learn more about imports...ok, thats fine, but don't ****iong post import hatea posts while your learning.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:23 PM   #21
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

---BREAK TOPIC--------------

Quote:
I just hate it when people with domestics come here to bash hondas...this is a honda forum...tell me why they're here? the only reason is to bash us, and they say there here to learn more about imports...ok, thats fine, but don't ****iong post import hatea posts while your learning.

OPAK... CHILL

He is not bashing imports. Most of the domestics we have on here don't 'bash' them. Please calm down.

-----RESUME TOPIC-------
Old 04-11-2003, 12:25 PM   #22
Jufranpnoy
1st Gear

I agree with what a few other people said in the thread....It's just a movie. I don't think there is any underlying message behind the movie...nothing more than entertainment....us paying $8-10 a tickets to see it. Just sit back and enjoy the movie or hate, whichever you decide after you see it
Jufranpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 12:42 PM   #23
OPAKRACING

Quote:
[i]I love gawdy looking imports with useless wings and scoops that lead to nowhere [/b]
Old 04-11-2003, 12:46 PM   #24
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I dont drive domestic cars, actually I have two civics.. I bash stupid import drivers too.. If you dont apply dont get so offended by it.

Some of you get critical just because he doesnt drive a honda, but its fine if someone that does drive one says something, who cares? Fock it get on with life. We all are entitled to our own opinions.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:04 PM   #25
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
I dont drive domestic cars, actually I have two civics.. I bash stupid import drivers too.. If you dont apply dont get so offended by it.

Old 04-11-2003, 01:47 PM   #26
spoogenet

Man everybody needs to chill. GT said nothing about Subaru and the WRX or STi hood scoop. Face it, there are plenty of both imports and domestics that have hood scoops that are not functional. The old WRX, Mustang GT, Mustang Cobra iirc, I've seen Grand Ams, Civics, Accords, Eclipses, all with hood scoops that do absolutely nothing....not to mention useless wings.

As for the Saleen, it probably wasn't a real Saleen. Just like Spiderman doesn't really fly and Spock doesn't really hang out in a real spaceship, they probably didn't waste the money on a real Saleen and trash it. It's probably the cheapest damn 'Stang they could get that is made to look, on camera, like a Saleen....it doesn't take much to make something look like a Saleen on camera. It coulda been a frikkin Geo Metro with a body kit for all we know, looks can be very deceiving in movies and elsewhere.

Now for the symbolism of it.....I never even watched the first movie, so I dunno much about what the story is and why any cars get wrecked. But I wouldn't take it too seriously, no telling.....maybe they wreck some nice imports too.

Blowing up cars seems to be popular these days....why did Bond make it look like he's trashing supercars? Why'd they cut a Z4 in half? Just another way that the rich can waste things that most of us would die for.......now I'm just waiting for them to blow up an '88 Volvo, I volunteer mine!

b
Old 04-11-2003, 03:20 PM   #27
ShEaNy

ive seen a mustang here in town with a double decker wing..who cares.....lol domestic rice...i like all cars....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 12:55 AM   #28
cashizslick

Quote:

Dude, you need to chill out - there is nothing wrong with having them here, in fact - they raise many good points that us honda owners should be aware of.

BTW OPAK, why are you here - you dont even have a car, and you seem to be set on getting a wrx sti (not a honda).
Old 04-12-2003, 01:32 AM   #29
Dr Drew

yo, my quad-turbo yugo would smoke all your butts !!
Old 04-12-2003, 08:21 AM   #30
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Wow...in the haste of moving I sdeem to have let this get away from me. So....allow me to submit my rebutle...

Opak....you just took this and ran, didn't you? The purpose of my original statement was not at all to bash imports....simply the cars in a ridiculous movie. The scoop I was referring to was the green Mitsu's roof scoop and let's face it, all the cars in that movie had ridiculous wings. I will admit that I'm not a huge fan of ALL imports, but I do like many. So just sit back, calm down, and have a beer on me. Feel better?

No, an STi would not run circles around me. According to a glorious (and oh so unreliable) G-Tech, the Mustang should run mid 10s and pull just a tad over 1g on a skidpad with a set of Kuhmos on it.

Racing Rice...don't worry about a twin turbo kit...a well engineered single kit will give you more power than you can handle, be cheaper, and make tune ups and maintainance much easier. The only point to having a twin kit is to have staged turbos to try and get the boost down low as well as up top but most just promote turbo lag and there's only so much air you can cram through that tube. Try to find a copy of Corky Bell's "Maximum Boost" and read it before you make any decisions...it's the best book on turbo theory and installation I've ever seen, for any car.

And finally...Spoogenet...they cut that Z4 in half because Z4s look like penises.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 04-12-2003, 09:08 AM   #31
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i dunno why somebody will get so worked up for a movie. prolly i'll go watch it and then i will have comments about it for a year. and so what if they trashed a stang ???? they have a pink s2000 in there. i think the stang had an honorable death in that case

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 09:47 AM   #32
cashizslick

Hahaha - yep, anything to get out of that ricer movie - ill watch it, should be fun[ny]! - I wonder how many cars will be broken into in the parking lot of the theatre on opening night in SPRINGFIELD.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:51 PM   #33
Dr Drew

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

Racing Rice...don't worry about a twin turbo kit...a well engineered single kit will give you more power than you can handle, be cheaper, and make tune ups and maintainance much easier. The only point to having a twin kit is to have staged turbos to try and get the boost down low as well as up top but most just promote turbo lag and there's only so much air you can cram through that tube. Try to find a copy of Corky Bell's "Maximum Boost" and read it before you make any decisions...it's the best book on turbo theory and installation I've ever seen, for any car.

Rgt on GT...it is designed to make the car more streetable. Look at the supra's twin turbos or the RX-7's, 99% of the time they are removed for one larger turbine. I have a lot of respect for the American muscle cars as long as they respect my import. By that statement, I mean that there are assholes in both scenes. Both scenes get a bad rap for a select few who cause trouble. One thing that pisses me off is when ppl automaticly think you are one of the assholes. I payed a complement to this guys C5 (not a B18C5) and asked him if he races it at all. The guy had the balls to laugh at me. All because of the label placed on imports. He had no clue what is under the hood of my car. That label was placed on the import community BY that select few in the community. My whole point of this is; the're assholes in both scenes, know this, if you hate American muscle cars and go around Reving on them with your stock car, 6' wing, and fart can...you are the asshole who brings this upon us.
Old 04-12-2003, 01:09 PM   #34
nonovurbizniz

as far as twin vs. single... you guys are arguing sequential vs. single not twin. the rx-7 is sequential not twin and I believe the supra's are as well.. the tt thing is just a mis-nomer.

Sequential means that all the exhaust goes into 1 (usually smaller) turbo and exits into another (usually bigger) turbo... this allows the smaller turbo to provide boost at low rpm and the bigger one supplies more boost at higher rpm..) However what usually happens is that the smaller turbo becomes a flow restriction for the bigger turbo and stops the bigger from reaching it's potential.

Twin means that there are 2 identical turbos on the car one on each bank of exhaust ports... example is the 300ZX TT. twin turbos are limited only by there own flow. the bigger you get the more boost.. you CAN NOT RUN different size turbos in "twin" configuration.

And for a 302... you'd have a much easier install and tuning seasion with 2 (1 on each bank) instead of 1 turbo... you'd have too many pipes trying to connect the banks even out the pressure and then spool the turbo all while maintaining proper flow.

the reason people abondon sequential turbos is because:
1. 1 turbo is easier to work with and tune when they are sequential.. especially on a strait 6 or a rotory because all the exhause ports are running into both turbos (unlike a v8 or v6)
2. the smaller turbo whether mounted first or second creates a bottle neck reducing the flow capability of the other turbo.

A sequential turbo set up is technically the best way to boost but it hardly EVER works out this way... there are too many variables to take into consideration to make it work efficiently, So people dump the complicated sequential for 1 big turbo and get lag but higher peak boost....

there are NO true twin turbo cars that I know of that ANYONE does a single turbo conversion on. (I'm sure it's happened but it's just not very smart)

on a v8 or v6 doing a single turbo is just a pain... and not really worth it... It's easier to just put "twin" turbos on (1 on each exhaust bank). This eliminates the problems of getting both sides running even and spooling 1 turbo... also the "twin" turbos would be smaller allowing them to A. be cheaper and B. spool faster.

If I were turboing any V configured motor (3.0L and up) I would DEFINATELY go twin over single monster. a single turbo meant to produce maximum boost on a 5.0 for example wouldn't spool up till like 4k... where 2 twin smaller turbos (1 on each exhaust bank) would spool up at like 2-3k and would probobly produce damn near the same max. boost as the single.

Oh ya and wrecking cars in movies is GAY regardless of if it's a 88 chevette of a friggin split window corvette... it's a waste and it hurts me to see.

And the bond movie cut a Z8 not a Z4.

Last edited by nonovurbizniz : 04-12-2003 at 01:24 PM.
nonovurbizniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 05:37 PM   #35
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
BTW OPAK, why are you here - you dont even have a car, and you seem to be set on getting a wrx sti (not a honda).

I don't have a car....?

i do't have an STi, i have a civic, last tiem i checked, Honda made civic...
Old 04-12-2003, 07:54 PM   #36
Hellacious

*sigh* why do all domestic owners hate on the fast imports? who cares if the stupid crustang gets run over, its just a movie!
Old 04-12-2003, 10:16 PM   #37
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
on a v8 or v6 doing a single turbo is just a pain... and not really worth it... It's easier to just put "twin" turbos on (1 on each exhaust bank). This eliminates the problems of getting both sides running even and spooling 1 turbo... also the "twin" turbos would be smaller allowing them to A. be cheaper and B. spool faster.

If I were turboing any V configured motor (3.0L and up) I would DEFINATELY go twin over single monster. a single turbo meant to produce maximum boost on a 5.0 for example wouldn't spool up till like 4k... where 2 twin smaller turbos (1 on each exhaust bank) would spool up at like 2-3k and would probobly produce damn near the same max. boost as the single.

I've seen and even done a few twin swaps into 5.0L cars and believe me, they're not easier OR faster. The best effort we got from a twin car was using 2 Turbonetics T03/04 hybrids and even those gave up relatively early in the power band. For my money, on a stock Mustang motor anyway, you can't beat a single T-60 or T-66. If you get the A/R ratio right with the right case and impeller trim there's minimal lag and they push a ton of air up to around 5K RPM or so before they peak out. That aforementioned twin T03/04 car, by the way, ran very similar engine mods to my car and made about 175hp less on a dyno (but now it's got DFI so who knows with good tuning...he might close that gap a bit). Long live the T-76! Trust me....it's not so bad. I get boost at around 2400rpm with the throttle mashed. Since boost is a function of throttle position you should have good response unless your turbo is insanely too large for your given motor. If I had a stock 5.0L I'd probably never see boost, but since I've got a built-to-all-hell 331 then it works well. Please note that there isn't a huge carryover of my knowledge to imports.

And Hellacious...for shit's sake, when did ANYONE in this thread put down put down an import car? Maybe I missed it but I'd like to know. You know those assholes in both scenes Dr Drew was talking about? Well....you proved his point. I could've come out here and bashed the shit out of Hondas or Nissans or Toyotas or whatever...but I didn't. Know why? Because I like some Hondas and Nissans (not so much Toyotas) and will respect anything a person does to a car so long as it's in good taste. Most domestic kids hate and generalize import drivers as bitchy teenagers who say things like "quit hatin on imports" (sorry...I'm paraphrasing) and "crustang" because of jackasses like yourself so unless you want to make a bigger ass out of yourself and give a bad name to the legitimate members of this board, I suggest you shut your f*cking mouth and stop making the rest of us look bad. I've seen very few truely fast imports. Tons of super quick cars, but not a ton of fast ones. Not to say they aren't out there, but they're hard to find sometimes.

Last edited by GT40FIED : 04-12-2003 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:44 PM   #38
cashizslick

Quote:
I don't have a car....?

i do't have an STi, i have a civic, last tiem i checked, Honda made civic...

lol, im kidding - just wanted to see what u'd say. The STI is a nice car, but it will be mad $$$ to insure it .
Old 04-15-2003, 01:38 AM   #39
nonovurbizniz

GT40 Your probobly right... you certainly know mustang's better than me...

NOT FOR LONG THOUGH... I've got a serious itch to pick up a 5.0 this summer.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:12 AM   #40
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...it's all relative. I just haven't spent much time looking into imports. Maybe I need a subscription to Turbo magazine. I wouldn't doubt that a smaller kit would work a helluva lot better on an import since the air requirements are less to feed a smaller motor. But as the motor gets bigger you have the option of pushing the envelope a bit more. A T-66 works wonders on a 302 but would probably fall flat on it's face on a B16A or B18C5 motor (a turbo that starts spooling at 5K RPM...where do I sign up?!).