.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2003, 06:57 PM   #1

look at this bull...

i was driving down this country road going around 53 on a 45 and i see a cop car on the side of the road...but that didn't really bother me because most people go over 50 anyways on that road because going 45 seems a little too slow on that road. then i see the car pulling up behind me and he pulls me over and i'm like "what the hell?" so then he tells me that i was going 58 but i told him i was going around 53 and the 7th gen honda's are harder to read since there's no numbers to indicate 1-5(like 31, 32, 33, etc. it's just lines). but that's wasn't really a problem because the ticket was less than $100.00, $76.00 to be exact. but here's the bull shit. i guess my insurance card expired on the 28th of last month, and i had no idea because i haven't gotten pulled over for a long time and i don't stare and check my insurance card everyweek to see if it's expired. so he come's back and he charges me a $490.00 ticket...yes, $490.00! so it all adds up to less then $600.00. i was so f-ing pissed...
Old 02-12-2003, 07:02 PM   #2
Kyle
elyK

lemme get this straight...you were speeding....and you didn't have updated insurance information...and you got a ticket for it...ok..

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:05 PM   #3

that's not the point. it's the $490.00 part.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:07 PM   #4
Shot 2 Hel

didnt the insurance send you a new card?
Old 02-12-2003, 07:18 PM   #5
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by member
that's not the point. it's the $490.00 part.

if you've paid for this years insurance fight the charges. I've driven on an bad card for 6 months. When I crashed the car the cop just asked me why i had an old card. I told him i was waiting for a new one to be mailled out because my insurance company is really slow, and that i dropped my insurance for 2 months (long story). He said "so you're insured right?" which of course i was, it wasn't a problem.

If your insurance has billed you for this year, fight the charges. If not only thing you can do is pay it.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:54 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

if you were insured just fight the charges

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 08:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
if you've paid for this years insurance fight the charges. I've driven on an bad card for 6 months. When I crashed the car the cop just asked me why i had an old card. I told him i was waiting for a new one to be mailled out because my insurance company is really slow, and that i dropped my insurance for 2 months (long story). He said "so you're insured right?" which of course i was, it wasn't a problem.

If your insurance has billed you for this year, fight the charges. If not only thing you can do is pay it.

oh, i'm gonna fight it for sure. my insurance automatically "re-effects" through the comp, so all the cop had to do is check on the comp and it would of showed that it's not expired. but the cop had to be a little pecker head and didn't want to listen to me. but i'm sure i won't even have to go to court if i explain the reason. i have 15 days to respond...we'll see.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:23 PM   #8
juvenile

Do what everyone else said and best of luck to you!
Old 02-13-2003, 12:57 AM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
if you were insured just fight the charges

Yup... I've given out old insurance cards when I've been pulled over and the cop didn't even care...

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 02:39 AM   #10
drdingo21

heh now in indiana they don't even check your insurance when you get pulled over. But every now and then a couple of months later the state will send you a letter saying you have to prove you had insurance on the night that you got pulled over. All you do is send it to your insurance agent and she takes care of it
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 03:22 AM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

It's really pretty simple man...all you have to do is show up and prove you've got insurance and they'll drop that shit. As for a $76 ticket...that's light. You could even go on the pro-say docket, double the fine, and get it reduced to a non-moving violation so it doesn't effect your insurance. Good luck.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 07:18 AM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
It's really pretty simple man...all you have to do is show up and prove you've got insurance and they'll drop that shit. As for a $76 ticket...that's light. You could even go on the pro-say docket, double the fine, and get it reduced to a non-moving violation so it doesn't effect your insurance. Good luck.

What he said..
Old 02-13-2003, 08:21 AM   #13
JamieS697

the cop was just trying to screw u figureing yes u will get ur proof of insurance but not until the court date in which u will have to pay ur speeding ticket and a court fee for both i believe boo to cops
Old 02-13-2003, 05:17 PM   #14

^^^ a freind of mine had the same thing as me, and he just went up to the front office(is that right?) or somekind of desk(not a court) and just told them that he has current insurance and they dropped it quick.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:06 PM   #15
ShEaNy

lol...dont speed no matter what the limit is....and fight it if its insured..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:21 PM   #16

well, i usually don't speed too much because there are unmarked cops everywhere now. i usually just go over 5 or less because 99.9% of the time, they won't stop you for going over 5 or less. just that day, i felt like going fast uphill...then he got me. bad luck i guess.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:46 PM   #17

well, it's been 14 days since the ticket date and i went down today and challenged it. they took off the $490.00 and reduced my $76.00 to $50.00(why?).
Old 02-26-2003, 07:16 PM   #18
Shot 2 Hel

Quote:
reduced my $76.00 to $50.00(why?).

dont complain, i dunno maybe for making you go to the trouble of getting the other dropped
Old 02-26-2003, 08:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
dont complain, i dunno maybe for making you go to the trouble of getting the other dropped

it was a question, not a complaint. you'll ask the same thing if it happened to you.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:54 PM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Actually, I wouldn't even ask. I'd just snicker to myself and pay the $50. Ask yourself...do you really care why it got changed ao long as it did?

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 02-26-2003, 10:35 PM   #21

i didn't ask when they told me they'd reduce it to $50.00. i actually do care, that's why i'm asking. why the hell did they reduce it to $50.00? i think it's because i was holding a gun to their head...
Old 02-26-2003, 11:46 PM   #22
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Once I got issued a ticket for 54 in a 35 and they just lost the damn thing. I had gotten a ticket a week earlier for a bad brake light/speeding (he didn't write me up for speed, just the light). So when I called about paying them and when I needed to have it done by they just gave me dates for one ticket. She asked me to read the code on the bottom of the ticket and they didn't have any record of it. She said to bring it in and have them look at it. I was just like "are you f!*king kidding me?". I called several times afterwards to make sure cuz I didn't want a bench warrant on my ass but it's never surfaced. Thank you Officer Forgetful.

Old 02-27-2003, 07:19 AM   #23
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
i didn't ask when they told me they'd reduce it to $50.00. i actually do care, that's why i'm asking. why the hell did they reduce it to $50.00? i think it's because i was holding a gun to their head...

A lot of times the waiver is more then if you go to court. Because they feel you are more likely to pay a waiver then to actually go in. I dont know, but it sounds like a good reason.:o
Old 02-27-2003, 07:18 PM   #24

^^^ true, and they also don't want to spend more money than the actual ticket just to prove us wrong. so they usually just dismiss it.

gt40fied, lmfao. you lucky bastard.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:26 PM   #25
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...I actually framed it and put it on my wall. It's a good conversation piece.