Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2002, 05:03 PM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Electrical - locks and lights

Anyone know which wire i need to cut into so my parking lights flash when i hit the lock button on my remote? I dont like the horn honking but i like to know when it is locked.

also when i swap out the d16y8 to the b16a2 will my remote keyless still work? or am i going to have some problems? Im asking because I already had the problem the first time when i changed the radio and had to rewire the stock one in again, so I want to make sure before i bet into it and have that problem again .
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 05:29 PM   #2
blind34_1

i would think it'll still work. as long as you dont do any weird ignition stuff, and even then it should still work. im guessing
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 10:25 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg

I assumed the locks would work but better ask before i find out the hard way

anyone on the lights info?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:44 AM   #4
oc civic

OMG thatas a GREAT idea about the lights i think that i to will do that... i would think you would need to splice all 4 bulbs (front and rear) with very thin wire... and run them to the wire that provides power to the horn around arming.. i KNOW this doesn't really help.. just kinda thinking out loud.. i think its a great idea, when you figure this out let me know cause i think id like to do it also
Old 12-10-2002, 12:01 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg

you know i think that the wire is grey...i remember playing with it when i spliced the wires to make them longer to put the radio under the seat...that was fun making the horn honk by just sparking the wires, but that was a long time ago. It was either grey or yellow...hmm...guess I'll have to just pull it out and start playing with it. Too bad I dont have the time to do that right now... You could always just run that locked horn wire to the fuse box too to each of the 4 lights...sounds like a project
Old 12-10-2002, 01:39 PM   #6
ShagginJet

you can just look at the alarm unit you have, get online and find the wiring diagram. then it'll tell you what line is used for the horn. Take that wire and cut it about 1 foot off of the brain, cap the wire that goes to the horn, then use the brain side to run a wire up to your ignition consol. Use a multi meter to figure out what wire is the lights, then use a 12v source to double check that. double check that the horn out is 12v too. if all is good, splice the wire at the ignition and you're done... BAM!!

I've done this before, it's really easy, takes about 30 mins and just some electrical know how.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 06:53 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg

alarm? what is this of which you speak

do you mean the pos that i got when i bought the car? the one that the remote only works when you are 2ft from the reciever? the one that the siren and brain are all in one? That pos that isnt worth anything? Oh...no that wont work then. Wish it would cause thats a really good idea