Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2003, 12:38 AM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i can't take this anymore

well it's the 16th day in a row that i can't sleep at night. i get mostly like 3 hrs of sleep a night, then in the morning i am dead tired and i can barely walk or concentrate on anything. i don't get any sleep during the day either, like 30 minutes or so. I am so exhausted right now and i can't fall asleep. This thing has worn me out that i have a bloody nose almost every single day. Any sugestions ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 12:40 AM   #2
armyguy5
3rd Gear

anemia? low iron in your blood? i dunno go to a doctor

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 12:45 AM   #3
pbateson

Can you take a one day off?
Old 12-10-2003, 01:20 AM   #4
Loki

Do you have your alarm set? I know this may sound dumb, but whenever I have to set my alarm it takes me atleast a good 3 hours to fall asleep unless I'm completely wasted. Kind of a psychological thing knowing in the back of my head I am going to have to get up early and all that.

Also, are you eating anything before bed? You really don't want anything with caffine, sugar, msg, or loads of other processed crap in it within a couple hours before you go to bed.

Oh and do you just lie there when you can't sleep? I read somewhere where people that just lie in bed when they can't sleep develop a negative image of bed in their mind. So to remedy that they syggested to get out of bed and do something. Like read a boring book or watch some stupid infomercial or something of that nature. really just anyhting to keep a more positive image of sleep in yout mind.

If none of those are the case then I would look into seeing a doctor. Maybe try some sleepy time tea or other aroma things too that can calm you down too.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:22 AM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I feel your pain Stefan. I lie in bed forever before I fall asleep, especially when I have a lot to do the next day. I'm running on no sleep today. I just popped some Exederin PM, and that helps a little, but I tend to not want to wake up when i do that Good thing I have nothing to do tomorrow.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:32 AM   #6
mylittlecivic

my aunt just left my uncle and he couldnt sleep so hes tkaing sleeping pills. I hope you figure soemthing out

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:38 AM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Masterbate before you hit the sack...
Or...take some sleeping pills.
Drink some herbal tea before bed..
go to a doctor.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 03:08 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Drink a glass of warm milk and then a glass of wine (maybe two...varies from person to person). If that doesn't knock you out cold then you're damn near inhuman. A small glass of B&B (benedictine and brandy) would also be acceptable. enough of that would take down a bull elephant.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:46 AM   #9
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

See a doc. For reals. You might have something you don't know about.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:41 AM   #10
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

agreed...see a doc
could be low testosterone levels

if you want a cheap way, take 3 benadryl based allergy capsules (the caps not the hard pills) and you should sleep like a rock
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:59 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, the reason i don't go to a doc is that i don't have any medical insurance. i tried looking to get one and they would rape me in the ass with almost $500 a month for insurance, that's why i am asking. going to a doc will be the last resort.

Old 12-10-2003, 11:13 AM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I have some friends with the same problems that you are having. The one that's real bad about it is going to the docter.

Are you getting enough exercise?

Here are some other things that may help:

-Reduce caffeine and sugar intake at night. Both act as stimulants, and the sugar can also make it difficult to get up in the morning.

-Check your breathing. Remember to breathe. Deep breathing helps to relax your entire body and reduce muscle tension.

-Allow yourself time — everyday — for privacy, quiet, and introspection. This will help reduce stress if its stress related.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:21 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i thought about not getting enough exercise. I am not one of the couch potatoes but i do get out and run once in a while, also i run a lot at work durnig weekends ( i dunno if that can be considered exercise), but i think the main cause, and i hate to admit it is depression: sudden mood swings, restlness, loss of interest in everything. Thanks for your input guys.

Old 12-11-2003, 05:13 AM   #14
silver

have sex at 10:00pm, finish at 10:05, asleep by 10:06. works everytime
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:44 AM   #15
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by silver
have sex at 10:00pm, finish at 10:05,

Why so long..

Stephen,
Im sure depression isnt help your case any, thats for sure. Why have you been depressed for? If you care to talk about it. The crappy weather probably isnt helping any. I hate winter, you forget what the sun looks like.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:32 AM   #16
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Stephen,
Im sure depression isnt help your case any, thats for sure. Why have you been depressed for? If you care to talk about it. The crappy weather probably isnt helping any. I hate winter, you forget what the sun looks like.

Exactly! Stefan, maybe you have SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder.
http://health.yahoo.com/health/centers/depression/1532.html I'm pretty sure I have a mild form. I fit almost all of the symptoms and I really haven't been myself since the time change and it started getting colder. I hope you find something to help you out, otherwise you may not be able to continue with your post whoring ways. hehe

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 12-11-2003 at 09:38 AM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:19 AM   #17
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i have only the excessive daytime sleepiness from those symptomes. i dunno but my apetite almost went to 0 for the past week, and i have lots and lots of energy. as for depression it's a long long story. i might make a post about it sometimes this weekend. thanks for the help

Old 12-13-2003, 05:13 PM   #18
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Stressed out??

Try intense sports.. Relaxation before you go to bed..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 05:20 PM   #19
Civickid0to60

yo, i have the same ****ing problem sometimes....im gonna recommend this...

first, stop thinking of stuff, just focus on how dark ur room is. it works.

2nd theres this drink its Turkey Hill Green Tea with honey and ginseng. You drink that like 2 hours before you go to bed your body gets energized to the point where it gets tired later on. it works too.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:47 AM   #20
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

heh. I know exactly how you feel dude. Since we already talked about it. Depression sucks but its kinda all ive got left in me as well, as bad as that sounds. Seems like everything i try to find ends up failing, despite my recent violent attemp at optimism. Gonna try and go visit this girl that lives 3 hours away next weekend to give her her christmas present that i put a lot of thought into. Cant help but think its gonna be a waste of 200 something$ that i could but some Falken Azenis with. Sad thing is im not gonna give up until i know i have to.

I guess girls just dont like guys that really care anymore...
Old 12-14-2003, 03:13 AM   #21
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Civickid0to60
2nd theres this drink its Turkey Hill Green Tea with honey and ginseng. You drink that like 2 hours before you go to bed your body gets energized to the point where it gets tired later on. it works too.

I'd agree but you'd have to drink it longer than 2 hours before bed. I'm addicted to (among other things) Arizona Asian Plum tea (in the big ass bottles). The thing is...caffiene effects your body/mind for up to 6 hours and even decaf tea has a little caffiene in it. I'd say drink some around 4-5 hours before bed, bounce off the walls, and then crash. If not, let alcohol be your friend.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 03:32 AM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, i slept for like 12 hrs last night and now i am up and whoring the forums again. well i'll put all this time to good use since i wanna give my site a fresh new look. anyone wanna order something ?

Old 12-14-2003, 12:09 PM   #23
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

dude, i might be gettting a short shifter and/or brake rotors from you if i can get dad to let me pay him and use his CC.