::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2001, 02:42 AM   #1
G10-526

Exclamation Turbocharged 98 LS

i just turbocharged my 98 LS with a Greddy GSR turbokit..with sum adjustments..it works and runs..but it idles at around 300-400 rpms and jumps up and down..and sometimes it shivers violently..and wen its running..it cuts off at 6000 rpms..the engine maintenance light is also blinkings and annoys the crap out of me...and also therz this nasty rattling sound wen i shift at high rpms..could i get rid of this wit a blowoff valve??
thanx
Old 01-02-2002, 02:31 PM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Im going to move this to the Turbo forum, maybe you will get some better results there..
Old 01-02-2002, 07:45 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'm not familiar with acuras. Is the maintenance and check engine lights the same ? I remember last summer when i had this problem. i had a few sensors out. i had to replace the TPS and the IAC valve plus the O2 sensor down the exhaust. if the ecu is not receiving the signals it should then the car will enter in a "Safe Mode" and will cut your rpms around 5500-6000 (on mine). Also there is a idle adjuster screw on the TB which will allow you for idle adjustements.

I'm not the turbo guy but for a stock engine this should be a fix.Hope this helps a bit.

~Stefan

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 10:26 PM   #4
Wookie

Safe Mode also occurs when a Turbo Honda's Map sensor "sees" boost. What are you using to prevent positive manifold pressure from reaching the Map Sensor?
Old 01-03-2002, 09:15 AM   #5
Boosted3g

Sounds like you have the map and the tps sensor plugged in backwards. Check that out, they are the same style plug on both so its easy to reverse them.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:31 AM   #6
eastcoastdelsol

if that doesn't do it--
chances are your ECU is on closed loop-

I'd hghly suggest you get a missing link. its liek $60. it ****s with your ECU's mind, so it makes it think its not seeing boost... and turns it off closed loop.

as for your idle- did you mess with you idel control? throttle cabel length? or like above, perhpas you swapped sensors...

And i can't belive you don't have a BOV.

I hoipe you dont care about your turbo.
99% of turbo failure is caused by reverse airflow... when you let off the gas, the turbo is still spinning, and that air needs to get released-- otherwsie, it goes backwards into the turbo, and evetually, you get 0 psi :(
bad boost... need BOV