Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

what did you do friday?

I got drunk in my room and complained to whoever called/im'd/emailed me about whatever...and watched cartoons and macgyver dvds
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
sicones

I helped my friend bolt on a slighty upgraded EVO 16g turbo to his awd DSM and helped him mount and balance 4 wheels and tires, that thing pulls pretty hard for an old car with some little modifications, smokes all 4 wheels...
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #3
thermal
Banning Machine

fuk bro, you dont wanna know.... I had a super fucked up afternoon.... Here it goes...........

So around 3:30PM, a buddy of mine calls me saying that the fitting broke off from his oil sending unit (oil pressure gauge), spraying oil all over the place. For some of you who dont know, this sending unit is normally threaded onto the back of the block where the oil pressure sensor was at.

So I jumped into the Teg and drove out with a set of "easy out" extractor.

About 17 miles of driving, as I was exiting the freeway, my car died out on a two-way ramp and would NOT fire back up. Keep in mind that this ramp has a major blind spot going around the curve.... rush hour.... and a major exit.

As I was still inside the car, an older Monte Carlo was haulin ass and almost rear ended me going about 30-45 mph. So I got out of the car thinking that i should redirect the traffic before my Teg gets annihilated on the road. Then a fuckin 18 wheeler appeared right before my eyes. He hit his brakes so hard that tires started smoking and skreeching. When he finally got the truck to stop, he was a bout a car length away from my car..... He got so close that he had to go on reverse just to go around my car.

So I kept redirecting traffic about 20 feet away from my car..... again, this is how bad this blind spot curve is..... Then another 18 wheeler swerve and almost hit the car on the other lane. I almost shit myself. All I can think about is that show on Spike TV, "World's Craziest Police Videos".

I couldnt call anyone cuz my cell phone was in the car and I didnt want to go back for it, otherwise someone will wreck... and most likely wipe my car into pieces.

Luckily, an off duty cop called 911 to dispatch a Vehicle Assistance guy to the scene. The guy actually showed up within 5 minutes.

I hopped into the car as he pushed my teg (with his car) to the next open turn. I was so relieved. The guy literally saved my life and my investment. He even offered me some coolant water and gas. I told him that it wasnt the issue.

I restarted my car... bitch fired up. The culprit.... this fucking AEM C2Di that doesnt like to send ignition output whenever it gets somewhat hot.

Since I was 2 blocks away from my friend, I went ahead and fixed that stupid broken fitting.

Now, I have to drive about 18 miles to get home. My friend followed me. Again, after about 15 miles, as I exit to the ramp, car died out again and will not restart. Still rush hour. This time, my buddy redirected traffic. 10-15 minutes later, as the C2Di cools down, the car fired back up.

Although I now have a dent and scratched up rear bumper, I'm still thankful that at least I'm alive and that my car did not get hit nor caused an accident.

I data log the incident on my laptop via AEM EMS. Right now, it appears that the C2Di does not like to work when it's warm... or the timing signal from my gutless distributor is not sending an input. Whatever it is. I'm going back to the drawing board and come up with a better ignition system. We will be testing out the new MSD distributor which has an integrated "Hall-Effect" sensor.

THANK GOD I'M ALIVE!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
nonovurbizniz

Damn man... that's NO fun...

I didn't do squat... I was supposed to go to one friends band playing at some bar and I prob. woulda bumped into people I went to H.S. with again (I went to the same bar to see his band a month or so ago and had a blast)...

But I lazed out at another friends house instead.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:00 AM   #5
JDMFantasy2k

that's some crazy shit arnel. I've actually been learning how to use a lab scope to work with hall effect sensors. Maybe you should water cool the AEM thing ha.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:15 AM   #6
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMFantasy2k
that's some crazy shit arnel. I've actually been learning how to use a lab scope to work with hall effect sensors. Maybe you should water cool the AEM thing ha.
I'd like to choke the designer of that C2Di. I really want an alternate system that can do coil packs and be controlled by EMS. It has been notorious that AEM and MSD does not get along.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 05-13-2006, 02:28 AM   #7
dabouncerx24

Arnel, I thought you said those were near-accidents and they didn't hit your car, fill us in on the dents and scratches...unless I'm misreading again..
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:47 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Man...I didn't do shit. I've been cleaning and packing so I can move back home next weekend. My mom is coming down to help me clean today which kind of sucks because she'll be here super early and I'm already drunk. Cleaning and packing with a hangover is going to suck out loud.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:25 AM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouncerx24
Arnel, I thought you said those were near-accidents and they didn't hit your car, fill us in on the dents and scratches...unless I'm misreading again..
It was that motorist assistance vehicle...... he was driving one of those car that pushes the vehicle. That contact from the rubber bump stop on his service vehicle's front bumper to my rear bumper dented and scratched my rear bumper. Nothing major. My paint job only has 500 miles on it....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 05-13-2006, 08:29 AM   #10
sicones

damn man my ignition got me stranded on the highway too, I know how it feels, and I sware an MSD ignition will never go near my car again, arnel I sugest you do the same with that aem pos
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i had to work. i hate my job

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #12
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Kinda sounds like Arnel wins for shittiest friday...
Thats some serious crap man...Id be calling AEM monday morning
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:13 PM   #13
Grip72

i had an ok friday
went to school, went to work from 4-10:45 then met up with a few buddies at a pub and got our drink on. we were'nt planning on going out but then our waitress asked us what we were up to and we told her we were thinking of going out, she said she'd make a phone call and came back and gave us a card that got us VIP and no cover haha, so we decided to use it. We went to the bar and had a few tokes before going into the bar. We all got a little TOO drunk (ex. too drunk to talk to women) and didn't really do much at the bar haha....stupid overly-drunken ness. now i'm thinking in calling of sick tonight so i can hang out with my one of my best friends who is only in town for a few more nights and I have'nt seen him for 5 months. hmmmm, to call in sick or to not call in sick?

p.s. everytime i see one of my posts with my sig, i miss my car like crazy
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:25 PM   #14
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Well I went and watched the Oilers vs the Sharks game. GO OILERS!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!! then had some supper. Then went to my buddies dorm and started playing poker which turned into drinking poker. Then we went to the bar. Came back. Slept in my car (I wasn't driving, there was just a ton of argueing and fighting going on so I went to my car and fell asleep) then went and slept on a couch then woke up and was like wtf and then drove home at 11:30 am

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:47 PM   #15
dabouncerx24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermal
It was that motorist assistance vehicle...... he was driving one of those car that pushes the vehicle. That contact from the rubber bump stop on his service vehicle's front bumper to my rear bumper dented and scratched my rear bumper. Nothing major. My paint job only has 500 miles on it....

With your sources, I'm sure you can get that fixed very soon and very cheap.

I didn't do shit friday, just took the shuttle back to SF and studied for my bio midterm.
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #16
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Ewww...bio...that sucks.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 05-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #17
Robert
R-Tard

my bachelor party....
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #18
Mischief

went to my ex's daughter's birthday party then went to my buddy's house.. blazed up.. then went to my ex's friend's house to spend the night around a bunch of drunk people while we were the only two sober people.. eventually came back to my house with her

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #19
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
my bachelor party....
Your getting married.?

I'm sorry to hear! ahahahahaha jk