::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
c0ldfl20nt

replacement bulbs

damn its been a while since i showed up in here. i have a question about replacement bulbs for my 97 civic dx. i want to get performance lights and everywhere i look, i cant find the 9003 light bulb i need. the bulbs i had blew out in 5 months and i want to get better, long lasting ones. any suggestions as what to get?

thanks

looking for halogen or xenon bulbs.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:13 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

I really suggest sylvania silverstars. A nice bright white light, no tacky blue, and its just the right shade to illuminate the road when it is wet (unlike blue bulbs that just reflect back)
You can find them almost anywhere that sells automotive anything (hell kfart probably has them). Plus theyre not going to be an excessive wattage and burn up your wire harness. Definately worth the money IMHO.

Just remember, if you cannot find 9003, look for h4.

Dont touch the glass of the bulbs! That will definately help in their longevity.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:54 PM   #3
c0ldfl20nt

thanks. the guy at a local auto store talked me away from the because they are illegal in this state apparentl? but with the lights that are on cars today, i think id be ok. im gonna look into them.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:13 AM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

I really doubt theyre illegal anywhere
sylvania makes really nice stuff and I doubt theyd make something that contradicted w/ any states policies. If you want the 100% truth, call up your local popo's and ask them if theyre legal or not. Im sure they'll say they are.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:40 AM   #5
cashizslick

Re: replacement bulbs

Quote:
Originally posted by c0ldfl20nt
damn its been a while since i showed up in here. i have a question about replacement bulbs for my 97 civic dx. i want to get performance lights and everywhere i look, i cant find the 9003 light bulb i need. the bulbs i had blew out in 5 months and i want to get better, long lasting ones. any suggestions as what to get?

thanks

looking for halogen or xenon bulbs.

Hey, ur from Chicopee MA??? Im from Springfield y0! - hit me at Cashizslick on AIM