::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2003, 07:33 PM   #1
Mischief(LTS)

opening up the headlight enclosure?

as luck would have it, the morons who cleared my front headlight assemblies and installed hyper white lights got finger grease on the bulbs. while one of the bulbs didn't explode, the other one did leaving it all messy inside. and the other side is suffering from condensation or some type of moisture getting in there, making it look shitty.

im not about to take it back there and have them screw something else up. does anyone know how to remove the enclosures so i can clean them and re seal? possibly how to seal them better than what the idiots at the shop did? and also, what do i use to re seal?
Old 04-05-2003, 09:44 PM   #2
TSilvs

in my 97 i just heated the silicone and seperated the light and when i was done i heated it up again and put more clear exterior silicone and pushed it back into place, and let it dry.... havent had any problems yet..
Old 04-05-2003, 10:56 PM   #3
Civic98

when i cleared out mines, i used silicone to close them back up and i have the same problem i get moisture in it but not alot....and i used lots' of silicone....but i still get some moisture in it ...
Old 04-06-2003, 12:40 PM   #4
cashizslick

Ive read directions on how to do this, they called for heading the light up in the oven - but not tooooo hot lol
Old 04-06-2003, 04:28 PM   #5
1badcivic

yeah stick it in the oven on 250 degrees for about 6-7 mins then use a flat head screwdriver to pry it apart
Old 04-07-2003, 02:49 PM   #6
burtonperson

ok i get the idea but what do you do when it's opened up?
Old 04-07-2003, 04:08 PM   #7
Mischief(LTS)

well as stated before theres alot of fogging and moisture inside because of improper sealing and one of my bulbs exploded and there are shards inside it that i cant get to without taking the assembly apart. just clean the inside i imagine and heat the stuff back up and put it all back in.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:58 PM   #8
burtonperson

ok but i just want to get rid of all the amber inside, it looks like a plastic insert..is it? AND.. if you take the amber out wouldn't you turn signal be white? i need some help here. i'm just getting started at this stuff.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:05 PM   #9
Civic98

the plastic stripe should screw right off...there's only one screw for it , and the bulb should cover should screw off too w/ one screw....and NO the bulbs won't be white they will be yellow but you should change them before you put ur headlights back they cost about $8 for pair from Autozone or something....
Old 04-07-2003, 09:21 PM   #10
burtonperson

ok cool, thanks for the info.

I'm sick of stock so the modification begins......
Old 04-07-2003, 09:25 PM   #11
burtonperson

One more question.

Do you know if the same can be done for the tail lights. (2002 4dr.) Where the reverse lights are on the cover looks very pinkish and pisses me right off, can you do the same thing and make it clear?
Old 04-07-2003, 09:35 PM   #12
Civic98

Quote:
Originally posted by burtonperson
One more question.

Do you know if the same can be done for the tail lights. (2002 4dr.) Where the reverse lights are on the cover looks very pinkish and pisses me right off, can you do the same thing and make it clear?

lol no u can't clear out ur tail lights, but u can change the turn signal bulbs to whites....oh yeah and w/ the headlights i would prefer using the hairdryer to open it up ...but it's up to u if u wanna do it in the oven...yeah the hairdryer does take a while to open it up...but it's up to u...
Old 04-07-2003, 10:36 PM   #13
burtonperson

no man i'm not talking about the entire light housing. there ir a just the compartment for the reverse lights you can see where it's a little pink in this picture.

http://www.hstuners.com/mods/images/...X/DSC00026.JPG

THAT IS NOT MY CAR, i'm using it to explain something.

i want to just get rid of the pink, cause it's alittle gay if you ask me. do you think it's possible.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:04 PM   #14
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

hey ryan, damn if you're THAT incompetent (haha), call me up after your car is painted, and I'll head over there and help you .. it'll take a couple hours max (w/ drying) to do that shit.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote