Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2004, 09:04 PM   #1
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Fukin Lude

My lude is making some crazyass knockin noise coming from the block...I thought it might be time for an oil change, did that, but the knockin is worse...Next time you see a lude on the road please say: " Fuk Ludes!' Thank you
Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 09:36 PM   #2
V8killimports

Re: Fukin Lude

Quote:
Originally posted by Daviso27
My lude is making some crazyass knockin noise coming from the block...I thought it might be time for an oil change, did that, but the knockin is worse...Next time you see a lude on the road please say: " Fuk Ludes!' Thank you

Uhh. a oil change won't make a knock go away. If something happened to the engine due to oil neglect, the damage was already done btw. I dunno what knock u are hearing but check what gas you are using, try higher grade, and check timing.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 05:14 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Re: Re: Fukin Lude

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
Uhh. a oil change won't make a knock go away. If something happened to the engine due to oil neglect, the damage was already done btw. I dunno what knock u are hearing but check what gas you are using, try higher grade, and check timing.

That's always a good bet. If that fails, you're probably in deep shit engine-wise. A knock won't go away with an oil change unless you ran the motor bone dry and you're fucked either way. I'd test your ignition parts to make sure they're working as they should. If they are then it's probably internal and if that's the case I don't envy you.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:01 AM   #4
4drmadness

Bearings are probably shot.....probably going to have to have the block rebuild or find you another one.....But maybe have timing checked and up your Gas Pump Grade,87/89/92, bump it up if you aren't already using like a 90+...
Sorry to hear that..My girl has an 88 Lude and she feels the same about it... lol lol
Old 02-24-2004, 08:02 AM   #5
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Just go have it diagnosed (i dunno if spelled it rite) but that mite help.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:07 AM   #6
HndaTch627

so let me get this right, it's the cars fault it's been neglected by the owner??

Old 02-24-2004, 02:07 PM   #7
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by HndaTch627
so let me get this right, it's the cars fault it's been neglected by the owner??

yer goddamn right it is.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:44 PM   #8
Daviso27
3rd Gear

On my defense...This was a "hand-me-down, buy my car, becuase I can't afford it" type of deal several years ago...I have had a 85 Prelude sold it at 168K, a CRX I fliped several times (totaled), and my lude I have had since it had 70K....It now has 156K on it....Oil changes regularly 20W50 with a quart of Lucas...In the last three years I have avaraged 1K-2K in repairs and maitnence each year. The mechanic said that the sequencals are fucked and the reason the oil light came on was because the sensor was apparently indicating some metal-metal grinding. That is why I changed the oil right away. My valves are also fucked as well as other internal problems. He estimated that it might be cheaper and easier to just swap out the engine...being that I'm a broke-ass man, this sucksdonkeyballs. I kept my engine clean and in shape...You could fry an egg on thatbiatch and eat it...I am not a mechanic

I was planning to get rid of my car by trading it in or selling it in the past, but know I would have to fix it before I can do anything....
Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:07 PM   #9
GeneralDzur

Man, sorry to hear that...

- Dzur
Old 02-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #10
thermal
Banning Machine

timing.... get your tuning done. If the internals are still in good shape, the knocking sound will go away..... even a valve clearance job might do... goodluck

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:50 PM   #11
HndaTch627

you put 20w-50 in a honda??? that wasn't very smart, no wonder the motor is toast, 5W-30....that is why my customers have cars that run till 200k miles

1994 Civic CX 195k miles and doesn't burn a drop of oil between 3500 mile oil changes

20W-50 was NOT meant for hondas
Old 03-01-2004, 02:31 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by HndaTch627
you put 20w-50 in a honda??? that wasn't very smart, no wonder the motor is toast, 5W-30....that is why my customers have cars that run till 200k miles

1994 Civic CX 195k miles and doesn't burn a drop of oil between 3500 mile oil changes

20W-50 was NOT meant for hondas

I was curious about that too. 20W50 is waaaay too heavy for anything that isn't a hard charing big power motor that sees a lot of abuse...and even then I'd only run it in the summer.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 03:24 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

what? bigger numbers is better

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:04 AM   #14
HndaTch627

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I was curious about that too. 20W50 is waaaay too heavy for anything that isn't a hard charing big power motor that sees a lot of abuse...and even then I'd only run it in the summer.
also was an excuse to build super loose motors and get every ounce of HP out of them, of course you are talkin about an engine that might see 10k in it's life...where as a car like mine sees 3k a month