User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2004, 08:53 PM   #1
juvenile

Right to leave...

Found this on another board...

Subject: Right to Leave

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be Canada or the USA if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in Canada or the USA because it is the Country of Choice???????? Think about it........

All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday?? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

This says it all!

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered this is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS OR CANADIANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of our nations worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans and Canadians. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to our countries. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of our countries being a multi cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans and Canadians we have developed our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This position has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH or FRENCH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If freedom offends you, or you don't like this way of life, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our cultures and have no desire to change them, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Every citizen has the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
If you agree -- pass this along; if you don't agree -- delete it!

AMEN
If we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, let's all try, please!
Old 01-15-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
IALuder

AMEN! i strong agree.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:42 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

I had a whole response written up for this in full agreement with all kinds of reasons and whatnot...but I decided to delete it and say what youre reading instead....because its a reflection of what it has all boiled down to...

we're pussies and its become "not right" to say whats on our minds
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:06 AM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg

we're pussies and its become "not right" to say whats on our minds

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 08:04 AM   #5
CRXMimic
Parked

True, I don't post very much here, but I'm a dedicated lurker!

Anyways...here's an idea. With the "In God We Trust" phrase, maybe the forefathers of our nation never could imagined that there would be anybody who wouldn't have a religion of some sort. And while times have changed that doesn't mean that our country didn't grow tremendously and powerfully throughout the times that those words have been on our money.

I know of a pretty common phrase that takes care of that. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." So maybe if the line offends people, maybe those people need some hard, back-breaking labor to take their minds off of being a panzy, because now that there is so much leisure time everybody has started complaining. Use that leisure time to rest, not to find something to make a big deal about and cause a national controversy and whine and complain and take up government money by taking it to the courts.

Might be a little tad bit off topic, but I just thought I'd throw in a couple of cents.
CRXMimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 09:57 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i agree with all it's been said before. if you come here learn the language, so you can deal with with you. i know they won't come here speaking a perfect english, and what not, but after 2 years of living here they should be able to speak it pretty fluent, even thou they will have an accent. but the deal with forcing the southern states to learn spanish because 1/5th of the mexico's population is absolutely ridicoulous. i can speak romanian ( my first language) and fluen english ( yeah i still have an accent that i will never be able to get rid of) but why the hell do i have to learn spanish too ?

as for using your own language in your community there is nothing wrong with it. no one is forcing you to speak spanish or whatever when you are in your own commnunity, but give me a break because i don't wanna learn spanish too.

I think the deal with it god we trust is that the constitution specifies the separation of chuch and state, and that motto doesn't quite show it. i, sincerely, could care less about it, because i am not too much of a religious person.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 06:15 PM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I guess I'll hesitantly agree. That article the guy sited was pretty arrogant and ethnocentric. I agree with the points he made, just not the way he made them. I'll admit...all of the patriotism pissed me off. It wouldn't be a problem if people weren't so pompous about it. If you'd always had a flag on your car or in front of your house then it's ok...you're just being you. But slapping one on because of a tragedy makes you not only a poser but a dickhead. You take away from those who are always patriots. I AM right with him about foreign people learning english...not the reverse. It's good to know other languages but I don't feel the need to learn spanish just so I can understand someone who came here and got lazy with their english. Hell...I spent 2 weeks in Germany and I learned enough German to get me around. You bet your ass I'd spend a ton more time learning it if I was moving there. As for the muslim woman being allowed to cover her face for a driver's license photo...that's almost too ludicrous to comment on. First of all...in her home country she couldn't even drive so it's not like they're used to having license photos in the first place. Secondly, I don't know if it's wrong, but it's dangerous. I don't know...I'm constantly astounded by the stupidity of others. But like I said...the way the article sited came across is a good deal of why people become offended. Americans feel a sense of entitlement even though our own ancestors came here and basically stole the country and almost killed off the native americans. People need to do a double take and put things into perspective. It doesn't have anything to do with American or Canadian (since when did Canada matter to the US, anyway?)...it just has to do with people and their inability to cope with change so they sue to have their way and some dumbass judge or jury grants it.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #8
Civickid0to60

yea, i strongly agree. And tell that damn mexican woman to stop calling my cell phone rambling off spanish! she called me 3 times today!
Old 01-16-2004, 09:59 PM   #9
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

start speaking in some other language to her...like japanese
that worked for me once...mexicans kept calling and after I said some japanese they stopped immediately
it was great
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 03:31 PM   #10
CD5Passion

OK so one thing I could never understand is this whole patriotism deal..don't get me wrong I love my country and feel fortunate and all but we are idiots for the most part. the only time that we get together is when something bad happens and we feel we need revenge. Americans often don't care about eachother, we kill eachother over the stupidest things ever. Seems to me that we are a country of arrogance.it may be alittle off topic but that just needed to be said

now as the immigration thing goes, it doesn't make sense to me. I remeber last year on September 11 in my junior year we had to stand and pay our repsects tho those who died, then they played a song over the intercom..you know that "proud to be an American" song by whats his face. yeah so half way through it they turned it off and the reason was because that it might offend some people because of some part that says somethign about God. That is bullsh1t since our school has tobe about 90% christians and catholics. If you decide to come over and bare children you need to realize that we as a people accept you and your beliefs but don't come to us and tell us that OUR beleives offend yours.
it great when I have to to work and some lady comes into my job and starts to try to talk to me in Spanish..ok i don't understand a whole lot of spanish and I am horrible that speaking it..I loved the fact that she got pissed at me because couldn't help her..do us all a favor, if you want to live in a nation that the majority speak one language, learn it yourself...I'm done