.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: After Reading the my Santa Theory, Do you think Santa Clause is Satanic?
Yes 5 35.71%
No 3 21.43%
Undecided 1 7.14%
Man, You are really F*cked up! 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2002, 01:59 PM   #1
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Is Santa Clause Satanic ?

***Warning***
*** This Theory was developed under the influence of a lot of Alcohol***

After a long conversation about Christmas and Santa Clause...and several shots of GODKNOWSWHAT...I came up with several reasons why Christmas is Satanic.

If you take the "N" in SANTA, and put it at the end it spells SATAN.

Santa wears a red suit...The Devil has always been portrayed as a red being.

One of Santa's nicknames is Ol'Saint Nick...One of the Devil's AKAs is Saint Nick.

Santa rides in a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer...This may represent one of the flying horsemen in Chariots depicted in the Bible.

Santa has been said to appear from the fireplace...FIRE is the key word for this one.

There is a story of Santa Clause bringing dead children back to life.

The Santa Clause story represents aspects of the Greek God "Poseidon", the Roman God "Neptune", and the Teutonic God "Nickar"...Who was described as to "one day replace God".

Santa has replaced Jesus...Christmas is "in theory" the birthdate of Christ. (the addition of months to the year messed the actual date up) Which if you ask a child...he/she would probably tell you something about Santa.

The last name Clause...Claws, like an animal or demon.

Santa works with Elfs...with pointed ears...They could represent little demons, trolls, or goblins.

Santa Clause has always been depicted as a massive person...The devil has also been depicted as a large being.

The only thing I can't link between Santa and Satan, is his crib being in the North Pole...but as soon as I do...I will add it on.

Again, this is my theory and thought you guys might find it interesting...Please don't attack me.

Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 02:25 PM   #2
nonovurbizniz

Last year a F'd up friend of mine and I were christmas shopping.
we went into pottery barn or something (for my wife) and they had these chrome letters that were seperate that spelled "santa"

well lets just say that's not what it said when I turned around to see what my friend was doing.

Oh and as far as satan's aka being st nick???? where did you here that one?

oh and the north pole is just to through you off. We've explored up there there ain't no santa crib... that MF crawls up from the depths of hell to Blind the masses with consumeristic Mania.

And empty my G'dam wallet all in one foul swoop
Old 12-09-2002, 02:28 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I say don't worry about it and let the kids enjoy it.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 02:32 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

ok you 2 are crazy its santa for cryin out loud. belly jiggles like a bowl full o' jelly, santa clause.

come on, how could this guy be the devil?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg santa.jpg (8.5 KB, 69 views)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 02:34 PM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Heh, Im not sure what to think..
Old 12-09-2002, 02:39 PM   #6
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz

Oh and as far as satan's aka being st nick???? where did you here that one?

Check in a thesaures (howeverthefukyouspellit) under "the devil," "Satan," or "Devil". I have an old school Webster's at home it it says Saint Nickolas.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:02 PM   #7
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
ok you 2 are crazy its santa for cryin out loud. belly jiggles like a bowl full o' jelly, santa clause.

come on, how could this guy be the devil?

I don't think Santa is the devil. I don't know what to think but my intuitions tell me that he was just created for kids as a way for parents to cover up where they got some of their cheesy presents.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:25 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

interesting theory

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 04:43 PM   #9
Wren57

If you actually trace the roots of Santa Clause, there was a St. Nicholas a long time ago who actually did bring joy and happiness to the children of his town. Sorry, Im a bit rusty on my history, but there was an actual Saint (holy man) who did this. The portrayal of St. Nick has since degernated into a consumer-driven image of one who gives material goods, is jolly, and has reindeer. The real St. Nick was no such man. I'm too lazy to research to post it here, but do some of your own and you will see what I'm talking about.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:00 PM   #10
Kyle
elyK

uhhh....

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 10:09 PM   #11
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Daviso, you need therapy..

Highlander, you'Re right..

here's the story.. (from stnicholas.org)

St. Nicholas by Susan Seals Purchase print
Used by permission
The true story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, who was born during the third century in Patara, a village in what is now Turkey. His wealthy parents, who raised him to be a devout Christian, died in an epidemic while Nicholas was still young. Obeying Jesus' words to "sell what you own and give the money to the poor," Nicholas used his whole inheritance to assist the needy, the sick, and the suffering. He dedicated his life to serving God and was made Bishop of Myra while still a young man. Bishop Nicholas became known throughout the land for his generosity to the those in need, his love for children, and his concern for sailors and ships.

Illus. by Elisabeth Jvanovsky from Saint Nicholas by Henri Gheon, Sheed and Ward, 1936

Under the Roman Emperor Diocletian, who ruthlessly persecuted Christians, Bishop Nicholas suffered for his faith, was exiled and imprisoned. The prisons were so full of bishops, priests, and deacons, there was no room for the real criminals—murderers, thieves and robbers. After his release, Nicholas attended the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. He died December 6, 343 AD in Myra and was buried in his cathedral church, where a unique relic, called manna, formed in his grave. This liquid substance was said to have healing powers which fostered the growth of devotion to Nicholas. The anniversary of his death became a day of celebration, St. Nicholas Day.

Through the centuries many stories and legends have been told of St. Nicholas' life and deeds. These accounts help us understand his extraordinary character and why he is so beloved and revered as protector and helper of those in need.

Illus. by Elisabeth Jvanovsky from Saint Nicholas by Henri Gheon, Sheed and Ward, 1936
One story tells of a poor man with three daughters. In those days a young woman's father had to offer prospective husbands something of value-a dowry. The larger the dowry, the better the chance that a young woman would find a good husband. Without a dowry, a woman was unlikely to marry. This poor man's daughters, without dowries, were therefore destined to be sold into slavery. Mysteriously, on three different occasions, a bag of gold appeared in their home-providing the needed dowries. The bags of gold, tossed through an open window, are said to have landed in stockings or shoes left before the fire to dry. This led to the custom of children hanging stockings or putting out shoes, eagerly awaiting gifts from Saint Nicholas. Sometimes the story is told with gold balls instead of bags of gold. That is why three gold balls, sometimes represented as oranges, are one of the symbols for St. Nicholas. And so St. Nicholas is a gift-giver.

One of the oldest stories tells of the townspeople of Myra celebrating the good saint on the eve of St. Nicholas' feast day. A band of Arab pirates from Crete had come into the district. They stole treasures from the Church of Saint Nicholas to take away as booty. As they were leaving town, they snatched a young boy, Basilios, to make into a slave. The emir, or ruler, selected Basilios to be his personal cupbearer, as not knowing the language, Basilios would not understand what the king said to those around him. So, for the next year Basilios waited on the king, bringing his wine in a beautiful golden cup. For Basilios' parents, devastated at the loss of their only child, the year passed slowly, filled with grief. As the next St. Nicholas' feast day approached, Basilios' mother would not join in the festivity, as it was now a day of tragedy. However, she was persuaded to have a simple observance at home-with quiet prayers for Basilios' safekeeping. Meanwhile, as Basilios was fulfilling his tasks serving the emir, he was suddenly whisked up and away. St. Nicholas appeared to the terrified boy, blessed him, and set him down at his home back in Myra. Imagine the joy and wonderment when Basilios amazingly appeared before his parents, still holding the king's golden cup. This is the first story told of St. Nicholas protecting children-which became his primary role in the West.

IllusElisabeth Jvanovsky from Saint Nicholas by Henri Gheon, Sheed and Ward, 1936
Another story tells of three theological students, traveling on their way to study in Athens. A wicked innkeeper robbed and murdered them, hiding their remains in a large pickling tub. It so happened that Bishop Nicholas, traveling along the same route, stopped at this very inn. In the night he dreamed of the crime, got up, and summoned the innkeeper. As Nicholas prayed earnestly to God the three boys were restored to life and wholeness. In France the story is told of three small children, wandering in their play until lost, lured, and captured by an evil butcher. St. Nicholas appears and appeals to God to return them to life and to their families. And so St. Nicholas is the patron and protector of children.

Several stories tell of Nicholas and the sea. When he was young, Nicholas sought the holy by making a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. There as he walked where Jesus walked, he sought to more deeply experience Jesus' life, passion, and resurrection. Returning by sea, a mighty storm threatened to wreck the ship. Nicholas calmly prayed. The terrified sailors were amazed when the wind and waves suddenly calmed, sparing them all. And so St. Nicholas is the patron of sailors and voyagers.

Other stories tell of Nicholas saving his people from famine, sparing the lives of those innocently accused, and much more. He did many kind and generous deeds in secret, expecting nothing in return. Within a century of his death he was celebrated as a saint. Today he is venerated in the East as wonder, or miracle worker and in the West as patron of a great variety of persons-children, mariners, bankers, pawn-brokers, scholars, orphans, laborers, travelers, merchants, judges, paupers, marriageable maidens, students, children, sailors, victims of judicial mistakes, captives, perfumers, even thieves and murderers! He is known as the friend and protector of all in trouble or need (see list).

Sailors, claiming St. Nicholas as patron, carried stories of his favor and protection far and wide. St. Nicholas chapels were built in many seaports. As his popularity spread during the Middle Ages, he became the patron saint of Apulia (Italy), Sicily, Greece, and Lorraine (France), and many cities in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Russia, Belgium, and the Netherlands (See list). Following his baptism in Constantinople, Vladimir I of Russia brought St. Nicholas' stories and devotion to St. Nicholas to his homeland where Nicholas became the most beloved saint. Nicholas was so widely revered that more than 2,000 churches were named for him, including three hundred in Belgium, thirty-four in Rome, twenty-three in the Netherlands and more than four hundred in England.

St. Nicholas Fresco, Church of St. Nicholas, Myra (Demre, Turkey) Photo: St Nicholas Society/JMR
Nicholas' tomb in Myra became a popular place of pilgrimage. Because of the many wars and attacks in the region, some Christians were concerned that access to the tomb might become difficult. For both the religious and commercial advantages of a major pilgrimage site, the Italian cities of Venice and Bari vied to get the Nicholas relics. In the spring of 1087, sailors from Bari succeeded in spiriting away the bones, bringing them to Bari, a seaport on the southeast coast of Italy. An impressive church was built over St. Nicholas' crypt and many faithful journeyed to honor the saint who had rescued children, prisoners, sailors, famine victims, and many others through his compassion, generosity, and the countless miracles attributed to his intercession. The Nicholas shrine in Bari was one of medieval Europe's great pilgrimage centers and Nicholas became known as "Saint in Bari." To this day pilgrims and tourists visit Bari's great Basilica di San Nicola.

Through the centuries St. Nicholas has continued to be venerated by Catholics and Orthodox and honored by Protestants. By his example of generosity to those in need, especially children, St. Nicholas continues to be a model for the compassionate life.

Vintage French Postcard -
St. Nicholas Center Collection
Widely celebrated in Europe, St. Nicholas' feast day, December 6th, kept alive the stories of his goodness and generosity. In Germany and Poland, boys dressed as bishops begged alms for the poor—and sometimes for themselves! In the Netherlands and Belgium, St. Nicholas arrived on a steamship from Spain to ride a white horse on his gift-giving rounds. December 6th is still the main day for gift giving and merrymaking in much of Europe. For example, in the Netherlands St. Nicholas' Day is celebrated with the sharing of candies (thrown in the door), chocolate initial letters, small gifts, and riddles. Dutch children leave carrots and hay in their shoes for the horse, hoping St. Nicholas will exchange them for small gifts. Simple gift-giving in early Advent helps preserve a Christmas Day focus on the Christ Child.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 10:27 PM   #12
Wren57

Nice research!
Thanks for backing me up on that one!
Old 12-09-2002, 10:55 PM   #13
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Nice research!
Thanks for backing me up on that one!

What you said was right, so I confirmed it..

Besides.. I dont like this devil sh!t too much..

Old 12-10-2002, 01:26 AM   #14
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
Daviso, you need therapy.. ..

It's just a theory...My intention was not to recieve an essay on the history of Saint Nick...I've read, sh!t I have even seen the damn cartoon of Ol' Saint Nick, you can't belive everything you see and hear...To question something is to be human...I just tried to make sense of a couple of things that bothered me about the Jolly ol'soul.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:30 AM   #15
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Daviso27
It's just a theory...My intention was not to recieve an essay on the history of Saint Nick...I've read, sh!t I have even seen the damn cartoon of Ol' Saint Nick, you can't belive everything you see and hear...To question something is to be human...I just tried to make sense of a couple of things that bothered me about the Jolly ol'soul.

Alright, then think about this.

Anyone can be associated with pretty much anything..
However, your judgement will be based upon what you have done & not what you look like or who's in a surrounding..

I'd say Santa's intentions arent of evil nature..

Santa = Saint in Italian.

Claus = Deutsch name (possibly in other languages also)

Red is a warm color.. Which reflects his warm personality. I wonder if he was to wear a black suite..

Flying reindeer = horsemen?!!? Seems a little far fetched..

Appear from the fireplace, because he comes down from high in the sky.. And usually the is no fire while he drops in..

Santa Clause bringing dead children back to life = I never heard of this, but in any case I cant really see the evil behind it.. Unless the children who were brought back had devilish souls.. And Jesus did give life a to a couple people.

Greek god theory, there maya be resemblance, but the difference is that the Greek gods were power hungry. Santa Claus isnt portrayed like that...

Elfs, sure they can be demons.. But since they're only doing good.. Is there anything to worry about? We coul call them good demons..

Being a massive person, he needs to strong to haul the toys around.. Also he lives up North, where its very very cold.. People who live in very cold temperatures will be bulkier than those who live in warm weather.. Its necessary so he can survive..

Lets also keep in mind that some of the elements relate to the factual and other to the fictional..

Daviso, I'm really not flaming.. I'm just trying to make sure a saint doesnt turn out to be a devil..

Old 12-10-2002, 11:06 AM   #16
nonovurbizniz

UH.... I think you may be taking this a bit too seriously...

and as far as st. nick the history has nothing to do with his current incarnation... christmas and st nick were brought up from the dead by FDR in order to boost the economy... that's it. he changed lots of regular holidays and added christmas to give retail stores a chance at remaining in business through cold winters where normally people would not be shopping.

Ya sure the fact that he was generous and was known for his compassion for kids helped in him being the main figure of christmas.

but if you ask me no saint would never want to replace jesus as the main charector in the celebration of his JESUS' B-day.

the whole thing (christmas) is wrong and in my opinion a sacralige.

you lie to your children make them believe something that would and will never happen you create a world of magic that doesn't exist and then eventually that magic world is shattered and the child is left feeling mis-lead and cheated. I have a kid (he's almost 2) and I don't think I'm gunna tell him about santa.

the worst part about the whole thing is that YOU'RE made to feel evil if you don't participate... or if you don't lie to your kid. IT's a bunch of shit.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:19 PM   #17
Daviso27
3rd Gear

You compared him to Jesus (in some aspect)...

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
Alright, then think about this...
Santa Clause bringing dead children back to life = I never heard of this, but in any case I cant really see the evil behind it.. Unless the children who were brought back had devilish souls.. And Jesus did give life a to a couple people...

Remember, the angel Lucifer was God's right hand man, before he became the devil...I don't want anyone to think Im a statanist or I worship the devil, Again...I was really TATERED when I came up with this theory...You should have seen my mom's reaction when I tried to explain it to her...
Old 12-10-2002, 02:23 PM   #18
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Daviso27
You compared him to Jesus (in some aspect)...

Remember, the angel Lucifer was God's right hand man, before he became the devil...I don't want anyone to think Im a statanist or I worship the devil, Again...I was really TATERED when I came up with this theory...You should have seen my mom's reaction when I tried to explain it to her...

LOL alright..

Are you tatered now??

Old 12-10-2002, 02:35 PM   #19
Daviso27
3rd Gear

NawMan...Im in my Networking class...Fkin'round on the Internet.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:19 PM   #20
juvenile

Quote:
the whole thing (christmas) is wrong and in my opinion a sacralige.

you lie to your children make them believe something that would and will never happen you create a world of magic that doesn't exist and then eventually that magic world is shattered and the child is left feeling mis-lead and cheated. I have a kid (he's almost 2) and I don't think I'm gunna tell him about santa.

the worst part about the whole thing is that YOU'RE made to feel evil if you don't participate... or if you don't lie to your kid. IT's a bunch of shit.

I agree that the way media and stores make christmas is wrong. BUT I disagree with you about the santa part. I remember when I was young, I liked to hear about Santa...slowly through friends and then told by my parents...I found out Santa wasn't real. Yeah it felt weird at first...but not shattered. I mean imagination is a part of our life. Well why let children listen to stories or play make belief? I mean...it's all a lie anyways. It's nice for a child to pretend about magic and all that because it's interesting to them. Just like cartoons are.

And by the same way you are almost saying "Why watch movies... I mean they are all a lie and you feel cheated afterwards."

Now I'm not saying everyone reacted like me, but I just wanted to say that I think there is an exception to everything.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:08 PM   #21
nonovurbizniz

I realize that it doesn't cause post tramatic stress syndrome or anything...

I'm just saying there is NO reason for it what so ever...
If you want to have a holiday celibrating good tidings and all that hokey shiot then great but don't BuFu the "son of God" out of a birthday...

I'm sure jesus could care less. he's all for that forgive and forget stuff so I'm sure he's happy that people are happy...

I'm just saying that lying to your kids for the sake of the economy is stupid. If you feel the need to give gifts once a year then great do it. but making up all the crap about santa's elves and santa and reindeer and on and on and on..... It's NUTS.

My problem isn't so much with christmas as much as the general concensous that you should Lie to your children at every given opportunity... it's just nuts parents and adults mis-represent everything to them until there old enough to say "Your talkin out your ass". Then they basicly have to start from square one... what was a lie and what was true.

I just don't get it.

AND ON TOP OF IT ALL It makes non-christians feel both seperate and inferior... for gods sake the Jews were so pissed they started handing out gifts on Chanukkah. Then african-americans busted out with Kwanza.

It's just nuts and apparently it spreads like wildfire. It's like the white man... I don't really know why but I don't like it and I know it's up to no good.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:36 PM   #22
juvenile

Well...I don't agree with you agian. I don't want to go into detail. I'm not here to convince you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I am going to tell my kids about Santa. I won't do it for economy sakes though. I will do it for a story sake, something that will make Christmas more interesting for the child....magic!
Agian though, that's what I'm going to do. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that I feel it's a nice thing.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:45 PM   #23
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
I'm just saying that lying to your kids for the sake of the economy is stupid. If you feel the need to give gifts once a year then great do it. but making up all the crap about santa's elves and santa and reindeer and on and on and on..... It's NUTS.
It's just nuts and apparently it spreads like wildfire.

It's like the white man... I don't really know why but I don't like it and I know it's up to no good.

I'd tell my kids about Santa simply because kids have a lot of fun with it. They don't know its fake, and when they're old enough to find out (younger and younger these days), they'll be able to take it. Its not about economics or any of that crap. Its all about the kids.

I'm not sure what to say about your white man comment

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 09:32 PM   #24
DsBlu01CivEX

dude...why does santa have to be looked at as a lie? Do you look at everything else in life that's "fictional" as a lie? I know I don't and sure I know that Santa isn't real, but he's still sorta fun to believe in. It makes children happy and look forward to things and teaches them (if taught the correct way) that giving is better than receiving, and that there's more to the holiday then presents. It's a time for family ect. Santa wasn't "created" for economic reasons. Adults and retail stores used Santa's image and made him into a money maker, not the other way around.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 10:01 PM   #25
juvenile

Santa was WAY before the media and all the stores and all that. Santa was told WAY back then too. And I agree with DS and 94 Accord.
btw I just saw that white man comment. That was racist and unnecessary!
Old 12-12-2002, 12:57 AM   #26
mylittlecivic

Christmas is supposed to be about Jesus but nowhere in the bible does it say that december 25th was christ's birthday and If god wanted us to celebrate it then he would have made that clear.I dont celebrate christmas Because it wasnt something done by early christians its not something in the bible but yet it has to do with Jesus, plus some Orgins of christmas come from a pagan sun god.:o

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 11:50 AM   #27
Daviso27
3rd Gear

[quote]Originally posted by juvenile
...btw I just saw that white man comment. That was racist and unnecessary! [/QUOTE

How can Saying "Like the White Man..." be more offensive than your signature...that contains the word "NIGGA"?

HondaStyle.com Members get real pissed off when they see something posted about white people...Yet, I've been called a "Mexican Whore"...There was no response to that comment but my own...

Something to think about.