::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
nonovurbizniz

Ordered the replacement cam

Well... I just said F it and ordered it last night... it should be here mid week and I'll put it in next weekend.

I might do the valvesprings/retainers this weekend since it's all apart.

I did manage to get get a decent amount of side stuff done although I wish money wasn't an issue right now or I would've done a LOT of other things and the car would've come out a completely different car by the end.

Although as it is I should see some good gains and the cars better than it was before so... whatever.

AGW next weekend the car should be running with...

Comp 59300 cam
Springs
Skunk 2 titanium retainers

Header painted
Exhaust leak free
hood latch cable working
y8 intake manifold
ARP head studs
Cometic Boost ready HG

I MAY port out the exhaust ports a touch... but that all depends on time/convenience.

Oh and I'm gunna finally cut my drilled rotors... so that should be nice... although it would've been better if I had put on the Prelude Calipers/Rotors I have... but there were a couple little things I need to do that so I skipped it since money is tight now...

It's good to make some progress but it's REALLY discouraging when you F something up so stupid and if you had just stopped and thought for 3 seconds it wouldn't have happened... AND it's depressing when I get to thinking about how much MORE shit I have to do to make it what I want... but I certainly can't afford a platform change and I LOVE driving the car... so I think if I just cool off on the spending and enjoy what I've done/finish with the stuff I still have to do I think it'll be alright...

Anybody else just get straight discouraged thinking about what your end goal is and how far off it is?
Old 08-13-2006, 07:28 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah, but in my case the warranty is the problem.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonovurbizniz

Anybody else just get straight discouraged thinking about what your end goal is and how far off it is?
Yeah man. It's hard for me becuase of schooling. I don't have a job and I'm living off student loans, and that's only enough for me to eat some months. But...next summer I can actually buy a car.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:36 PM   #4
IALuder

yea, what was suspossed be done this month isnt going to be till next yr this time. but check out the hybrid post i made some interior progress.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
nonovurbizniz

My biggest problem is that I'm not satisfied with just about anything... it's funny too cuz I put up with what a shitbox my car is because it's so much fun to drive...

Maybe I should test drive some of the sports cars nowadays... I don't know though... I test drove the GT and don't get me wrong it's a BA car... but I'd have a 10-20k wish list for that thing the second I picked it up...

SO I just keep plugging away on the civic...

ALSO I used to have a 93 nissan sentra that I did a good amount of stuff to and then wrecked it when I hit a dead deer sitting in the middle of a highway around a corner one rainy night...

It still drove and I should've and knew at the time that I should've just kept it and transfered the parts onto another sentra... but I didn't... and I've regretted it ever since...

SO I'm not gunna dump the civic basically no matter what.

I'm a project car kinda guy.