.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2003, 03:02 PM   #1
mt.biker

what would you have done?

So today I'm walking the two blocks from my house to my barber, no biggie I see a couple arguing about something up ahead. As I get closer its an Indian couple and the guy is yelling at her (in Indian i figure) and well shes just cowering at this. I dont think too much of this because its not my business, and well its just yelling. I'm about 20 feet away and I see the guy hit her across the face - only description I have for this is a "b*tch slap" I did a double take.

What would you have done in my shoes?

I'm now 5 feet away as I've doubled my pace to make up the distance. He strikes her once more and she falls down into a pile of snow.

I grabbed him by the arm and yanked him back (maybe he was all of 5'8-5'10) and ask him wtf he thinks hes doing? He just screamed something at me in Indian and then swung at me. He didn't connect with much and in short order he was pinned to the ground (sorry details now escape me, there was blood in the snow, but mabye it was hers and not his... i dunno). I pinned him down and the girl takes off running down the street. So for a moment I have him pinned down... I have no idea what to do now.. if the female stayed around I would have called the police but shes gone and I can't press charges... So i got up and said "stay down" and walked off to my to cut my hair.

Am I a bad person? I feel like shit right now because hes probably beating her as I try and type this up.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:20 PM   #2
'87 integra

I think if I was you I would've done the same thing...but i still would've called the police. But he also would've probably beat my ass intsead of me beating his ass...lol...just think of what might have happened have you not stepped in?
Old 03-04-2003, 06:24 PM   #3
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by '87 integra
I think if I was you I would've done the same thing...but i still would've called the police. But he also would've probably beat my ass intsead of me beating his ass...lol...just think of what might have happened have you not stepped in?

dude I'm honestly thinking thats probably happening right now.... its eating me up dude. I didn't mean it to sound like I just owned the guy... he put up a good fight and I'm dam sure didn't stick around long after I left. I bet he chased her down and finished what he started.... are there no men with morals left in this world? Sometimes i feel like i'm the last....
Old 03-04-2003, 09:21 PM   #4
Leets
2nd Gear

hmmm... I would have killed him... yes, I said KILL him.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:32 PM   #5
spoogenet

It's a tough call if you want to get involved in other peoples' problems because you only know what you think you see. You never know the whole situation and what led up to it.

Equally in many foreign cultures it isn't considered as taboo for a man to beat his wife as it is in western cultures. I'm not advocating beating wives by any means, I'm just saying that not everybody sees it the same way we do. Just like a kid in China not having any shoes is considered a tragedy here on TV, but that kid probably doesn't think anything of it because his parents and grandparents never had shoes either.

That said, I usually don't interfere in other peoples' business. At the same time I haven't seen anything quite like that. I think it's probably always a good idea to break up a fight in public. Fights in public are bad news regardless of their reasons and the people are just begging for trouble. They can lead to very bad situations and should be defused quickly much as you did. The guy could have just been pisses off and cooled down on the way home, or maybe he got drunk and drove his car into a tree, or maybe he murdered her already. You'll never know so don't let it bother you, get some rest at night knowing that you did about all you could do with the situation at hand. You could have tried to call the cops, but there's also the chance that the guy could have turned the table on you in the mean time and kicked the living shit out of you and put you in a hospital. What if, what if, what if.....you'll die a disturbed man if you ask that question too much.

And I'm sure he wasn't speaking Indian.....there is no such langauge.

b
Old 03-04-2003, 10:11 PM   #6
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Re: what would you have done?

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

So i got up and said "stay down" and walked off to my to cut my hair.

Bahah nice.

I would have made him eat my yellow snow. You did the right thing man. How would she feel if u had just walked by?

True she probably MIGHT be getting hit again, but atleast she feels she isnt alone out there.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 04:28 AM   #7
maikoshi

from personal experience... when people try to step in and do things, the guy that's doin the abusing just feels more insecure. what do insecure abusive men do? hit n yell more.

so unless someone obviously needs help... i say don't mess with em'. you think you're doing them a favor, but you're only making it worse until the person wants to get out of that relationship. i think you did the right thing here, it probably made her feel better that you didn't just walk off + be like oh well.

when you try + help in situations like this chances are the woman isn't gonna be like gee thanks, i really needed some help! she will most likely ask you to stop yelling or whatever at her bf/husband, and that she can't press charges blah blah.

i think all that made sense. damn i need some sleep!
Old 03-05-2003, 07:27 PM   #8
Shot 2 Hel

i really cant say much, ive been in fights with people for things that meant less. but i might have done the same, it just bothers me seeing people hit their wives/ g/fs
Old 03-05-2003, 07:28 PM   #9
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

I would have beat his ass. But then I would've been thrown in jail.

Old 03-07-2003, 09:22 AM   #10
HNDAGRL

I would have called the cops right then and there on my cell and not interfered incase that would make someone run from the scene or trigger more trouble.
Well at least you stopped him from hitting her again then, but who knows now what could be happening like you said...its very sad that goes on.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:36 PM   #11
black95gs-t

you did the right thing. i would have put him in a reverse armbar until the cops came though. those reverse armbars hurt alot and do a very good job of making people very calm quickly. thats just me though.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 01:46 PM   #12
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

I would have introduced his face to the bottom of my Dr. Martens......

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 06:23 PM   #13
firstgeardude

good work.. i hate to get involved, but sometimes you have to!
Old 03-16-2003, 04:00 AM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I've actually been in that situation. When I was in high school I headed out after a concert to a Dennys (yeah...I'm THAT white trash) for a bite before heading home. While pulling up we saw a frat boy looking guy who was obviously drunk and screaming. After punching one of those newspaper dispensing things (which had to have broken his hand), he turns and backhands the girl HARD (who was alrwady sobbing). I got out of the car with a female friend who took the girl aside while I had a "talk" with the guy. Our talk consisted of me applying downward force to his kneecap with my foot and repeatedly kicking him in the face while he was on the ground and asking him if hitting women made him feel like a big man. Come to think of it, that was my first over-nighter in jail (no charges filed though...woohoo!). But you did the right thing. I didn't. You subdued him without injuring him but still getting your point across. I don't care where you're from...it's wrong to beat women unless they're wailing on you (sorry girls...but if you wanna be treated equal and you punch me, you're getting punched back). I won't say that women can't take care of themselves...there's a ton of girls who could kick my ass I'm sure. But most take it out of fear. I know cultural standards are different in this case, but if you're in this country then you better learn to adapt or get your ass kicked by a mountain biker.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 09:56 AM   #15
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

LOL RIGHT ON MAN.