.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2003, 03:04 AM   #1
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

where r all the decent people

why does it seem like there r no people that r normal or that have not been ''around'' when your single but when ur with someone there always seems to be more people or chances to be with someone else but u dont want to leave the person that ur going out with. i can never seem to find anyone till i start tlking to somebody then it seems like all the single people want to show up it just gets on my nerves at times
ifeldwn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 05:05 AM   #2
SthPerformance

<-------- is decent.
But yeah i feel your inner pain on that topic... Like my problem is i am very picky, a girl has to have all the qualitys i look for in a girl.. If there is just one thing that doesnt click it just throws her off course with me... I dunno, maybe i aint a decent guy afterwards..
Old 02-16-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
GirlRacer

Ooooo yea! Good topic. I know how this goes. And it sux a big one. I see it happen both ways. At times that I've had a b/f... for some reason, I start meeting all kinds of guys that I could date too.... makes for a very difficult situation.

Then on the flip side, I've seen it happen to guys I've dated, & my friend's b/fs...it's like some girls can sense it if a guy has a g/f & they are ALL OVER that. I think in this scenario though, it might be that they do it for the challenge. To see how good their skills are... how far they can persuade to get their way. (I know the girl side b/c I've been there ) I don't know what the deal is w/the guys...

Maybe 1 of you boys can help out.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:59 AM   #4
mt.biker

I think it's the way you carry yourself, when you're with someone you really dont care what other people think about you and so you act like yourself. People are attracted to "real people" and so i think it plays on this. Girls like guys that they can't have so i think they smell or sense it.

As a guy I've never run into the "sorry i'm seeing someone" line. But I couldnt' tell you why!
Old 02-16-2003, 12:10 PM   #5
GirlRacer

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
I've never run into the "sorry i'm seeing someone" line. But I couldnt' tell you why!

Its an indication that there are fewer & fewer quality gals out there.

Sluts.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:14 PM   #6
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
Its an indication that there are fewer & fewer quality gals out there.

Sluts.

Yup, too many girls get "around the block" and those types of girls are off limits! I have noticed that the good ones are few and far between, when you find one you aren't to quick to let them get away.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:30 AM   #7
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

i know that feeling too well most girls around here that i meet have been around more than i would like so its pretty much not going to happen with me unless we just click somehow
Old 02-25-2003, 08:10 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
...I know the girl side b/c I've been there...

when did u become a man

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:09 PM   #9
GirlRacer

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
when did u become a man

Uh, I meant I've been the one persuading.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:21 PM   #10
lucky

C'mon, just because the girls been around the block(just once!) doesnt mean shit(oops), us men we can sleep w/ 25 girls but still not be known as a "been around the block guy"!!! Bunch of crap if you ask me!
Old 02-26-2003, 05:25 PM   #11
lucky

we all like what we like, and thats sex!!! Just because your a woman and like it, doesnt mean your a slut! NOW there are exceptions but no to often! Quality girls , go to church then!! Hope this doesnt start a uproar, just speaking my mind!
Old 02-27-2003, 12:55 AM   #12
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

when i say most girls around here have beeen around that means for the most part lost track of people and it isnt a nice place to go visit if u know what i mean
Old 02-27-2003, 08:03 PM   #13
Leets
2nd Gear

Dammit...

... I can't stand people like that. If you're in a relationship, and the mere thought of being with someone else crosses your mind, THEN DO IT! If you're "looking around" then obviously there's some sort of flaw in your current relationship. There's millions of men/women out there. Why waste your time with someone who isn't exactly what you want? When in doubt just move on. Gauranteed one day you'll find something that makes you happy.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:39 PM   #14
Shot 2 Hel

i think it happens to everyone, but you gotta look at it like. Well how happy am I really and how is this relationship going. It all depends on the circumstance. But yeah as soon as i started dating my last g/f i noticed so many people.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:54 AM   #15
HNDAGRL

I can never seem to find anyone till i start talking to somebody then it seems like all the single people want to show up it just gets on my nerves at times...I can second that.
Its hard to find a good guy, the none player type with all the good qualities.And I'm not that picky.I think it goes for the guys too, I don't think any guy truly wants to be with a girl that has been around a lot.I'll say it again even if someone said so, its hard to find a decent guy these days!
Old 03-08-2003, 02:09 AM   #16
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

i glad somebody feels about the same way i do about this to bad u live to far away to meet ya
Old 03-08-2003, 05:02 PM   #17
HNDAGRL

I'm glad we feel the same way.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:09 PM   #18
civic3x98

Its hard

Right now I am single. :( and there are a lot of very good looking girls. However, a lot of girls have slept around and stuff, or are into things I'm not (i'll let you figure that out). Im a good guy who knows how to treat a girl. I want a quality girl also. I dont mind a girl who has a bit of a wild side, but not one that can name every guy at a club, cus she was with them. Not my thing. Good quality girl, with future goals and stuff.

I know yall are out there! lol

Peace

PS - I do agree with the whole 'how you carry yourself'. When you are single you act diff than when your not. Not that you try to, its just a natural reaction I guess.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:07 PM   #19
HNDAGRL

The good ones "guy or girls" are hard to find; the bad ones "guys or girls" are EASY to find.
Yeah, were out here.But like for me...I just don't even try to bother looking and meeting...just because I don't think I will find him here.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:14 AM   #20
civic3x98

Hook up

Well hey,

If any nice attractive single girls wanna hookup with a nice single possibly attractive guy from Houston Tx (23yr) then shoot me an email heheh. :-p

Just messing around, although I wouldnt refute it :-p
Old 03-13-2003, 03:55 AM   #21
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

when ur not looking is when they all seem to appear or just pop up it seems as long as u look u will never find anyone that u really want to be with just the ones u would rather be friends with
Old 03-13-2003, 07:49 AM   #22
HNDAGRL

Quote:
Originally posted by ifeldwn02
when ur not looking is when they all seem to appear or just pop up it seems as long as u look u will never find anyone that u really want to be with just the ones u would rather be friends with

I agree.Well put.I think everything happens for a reason, so some people are just lucky to find somene special a whole lot quicker then someone else.Others stay single.And others get burnt.When you take a chance...anything can happen so with that said.If you open ur heart to someone, know that you will either have someone you will always care for or you might end up with a very broken heart.In life we take chances, in love we take chances, and without chances we would never experience the true meaning of life.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:05 AM   #23
civic3x98

That was truley poetic And yes I do agree. Life is a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow, dont worry about what you dont know - heeh country songs can be right now and then :-p
Old 03-22-2003, 04:50 PM   #24
mt.biker

I personally think I find girls at in the wrong places and this leads to almost always meeting the wrong types. I would consider myself a "good guy" though not everyone would. But the people that know me say I'm a good guy and even my x's would say i'm a good guy.

I'm gonna call it BS that girls can't meet good guys, because we're out there. I dont think its enough anymore to be a nice guy, i think girls want more then that. And I'm going to go as far as to say girls dont know what to do when the finally meet that "good guy."

I dont think I'm speaking for just myself when I say that some good guys get treated bad by girls because they dont know how to deal with a nice guy and end up acting in ways they shouldn't. This leads a nice guy to question why he should be nice when not as nice guys dont have to deal with that shit. It seems when a guy stops caring about his date or gf they become more interested, but this isn't the way you are meant to treat the girl you're interested in. So this leaves a nice guy torn between nice treatment and possibly getting treated bad or treating her less then he was raised/would like to and avoiding the chances of dealing with a b!tch.

All in all I find it interesting that none of the good people can seem to find another good person. I would also like to state half or more of the people that consider themselves "good", "nice" or "old fashion" talk shit and I've noticed this more in the females. A girl will tell you shes "old fashion" or a "good girl" but she'll be doing something on the side that she doesn't tell you about until you get really close or maybe doesnt' even tell you at all. Then you're hit with a "OMG who is this girl?" situation.

I've run in this too much now to turn a blind eye and believe a female when she says "No i'm not seeing someone" or "You're the only one I'm seeing" or better yet "You're the only guy i'm interested in" - hence the comment in my sig. Cheers everyone, and try to stay away from lairs and whores, God knows there are more out there then it appears.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:11 PM   #25
civic3x98

Agree

I would have to strongly agree with you mt.

One thing though that I have seen are guys that are a$$es. My ex, after we broke up, dated tihs one guy who seemed very nice and stuff (told to me by her). Well apparently one night he slipped her something and well you know the rest. Completely pissed me off! I think there are nice guys out there, but a lot to most guys are a$$es.

I continually get asked by girls "Where are all the nice guys?". I tell them, they are there, sometimes hard to find, but they are there.

But I do think mt is right about a girl not always knowing what to do with a guy who is there to treat them good, be nice to them, and the other good stuff a bf type would do. Girls always seem to go for the bad boy type, until they are scarred enough to wise up and relize that is not what they want. Yet they have this ideal in their minds. So when they meet a nice guy who they are looking for, they dont always see them. They miss the guy, then its to late, and most of the time back to the bad boy again. Oh he can change, BS!

I myself dont really drink, its a rare occasion when I do, dont smoke (never appealed to me), and dont do drugs (never!). But I have found that a lot of guys and girls do smoke. Huge turn off. I will not date a girl who smokes. She can be totally attractive and I will not date her if she smokes.

I can live with the drinking if its not meant to get trashed. They kinda annoys me. Im usually the designated walker :-p haha.

I just think both guys and girls should figure out what they want in someone and go to places where you know you can find them. If you want a nice guy, dont go to a biker bar, go to a more calm pool hall, lol. If you want a nice girl, dont go to downtown and pick up a street walker, go to a coffee house or something. Get my drift :-p