.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2003, 10:59 PM   #1
Shot 2 Hel

What girls look for

Hey this is to the ladys. I know that in this forum it is repeated a whole lot that you girls like confidence, but what else are you looking for?
Old 01-03-2003, 11:57 PM   #2
mt.biker

they look for alot of things... but i wouldn't waste my time trying to make myself into something a particular girl you like wants in a guy. Either you'r her type or your not... the list is the same as for guys.. just often they dont play so heavy on the looks..
Old 01-04-2003, 03:52 AM   #3
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
they look for alot of things... but i wouldn't waste my time trying to make myself into something a particular girl you like wants in a guy. Either you'r her type or your not... the list is the same as for guys.. just often they dont play so heavy on the looks..

dude....you're two for two with me today...couldn't have said it bettter myself

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 08:52 PM   #4
Shot 2 Hel

yeah i guess your right
Old 01-05-2003, 10:37 PM   #5
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:

Rob are you trying to say that girls look for looks more than guys do????? or am I misunderstanding you?

i agree with you up until the last 2 lines. I think guys are more interested in looks than females are..we might point out guys that are physically attractive to us, but those guys aren't the guys we typically want to be with. Or at least thats true for me.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 10:57 PM   #6
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
I think guys are more interested in looks than females are..we might point out guys that are physically attractive to us, but those guys aren't the guys we typically want to be with.

ummmmmm.....

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 01-05-2003, 11:02 PM   #7
Solgirl

It's all a matter of how you get along with the person. I wouldn't say that I go for a particular type of guy or look for any specific things. I just fall for the ones I click with. If you can have fun with a person doing the simplest things, then that makes it worth a try.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:06 PM   #8
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

you know it's amazing how the only girls that I come across that aren't into the way a guy looks or cares how he looks are the ones that I see talking on-line

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 01-05-2003, 11:23 PM   #9
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Rob are you trying to say that girls look for looks more than guys do????? or am I misunderstanding you?

i agree with you up until the last 2 lines. I think guys are more interested in looks than females are..we might point out guys that are physically attractive to us, but those guys aren't the guys we typically want to be with. Or at least thats true for me.

what does the last line say?? hmm it says "just often they dont play so heavy on the looks.. " which means they play less on looks then guys.. at least so has been my experience. now if your butt ugly thats gonna hurt ya. But if your average or above with a good heart/personality it makes for a killer combination
Old 01-06-2003, 12:54 AM   #10
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

most of all times looks r what get in to even thinking about someone unless u r just aroound them alot for some reason and then realize something
ifeldwn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 12:54 AM   #11
Solgirl

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
you know it's amazing how the only girls that I come across that aren't into the way a guy looks or cares how he looks are the ones that I see talking on-line

Ok. So looks play a part, but not a huge part. My boyfriend is amazing, but that's not why I'm with him. I'm with him because we clicked, and I like to say that his looks were just a bonus. And the only reason I'm on line is because I'm trying to learn about my car, but I came across this post and I'm just trying to be friendly and help a guy out but I get shot down.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:59 AM   #12
Solgirl

Quote:
Originally posted by ifeldwn02
most of all times looks r what get in to even thinking about someone unless u r just aroound them alot for some reason and then realize something

You're right. If you're physically attracted to a person it makes you want to get to know them, but if you're around someone enough and you get to know and like their personality, that's all that matters. Looks are only small details when your looking for your soulmate.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:31 AM   #13
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by Solgirl
Ok. So looks play a part, but not a huge part. My boyfriend is amazing, but that's not why I'm with him. I'm with him because we clicked, and I like to say that his looks were just a bonus. And the only reason I'm on line is because I'm trying to learn about my car, but I came across this post and I'm just trying to be friendly and help a guy out but I get shot down.

Christy (I hope you don't mind me calling you by name)...I wasn't shooting you down..it just pisses me off when I read from a majority of the girls on this board that looks don't matter...sorry, but that's bullshit...what attracts you to someone originally is the way someone looks. Now if that person happens to "click" with you, then that's the bonus....my $0.02....

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 01-08-2003, 02:00 PM   #14
MoneyToSpend

hmm.....

if girl wants a guy with a good personality, intellectual, blah, blah....then why, do girls go for the bad boys? a lot of the girls i know, said if they werent with their boyfriends, they'd be going out with me (i think they are just being nice)....their bf are complete dicks, treat them like sh!t, and all the other things that are associated with being a cock, why do the girls put up with it? i mean if you girls are truly looking for the nice guy(not saying most of you are), why go out with a guy that treats you like crap?
Old 01-08-2003, 02:36 PM   #15
mt.biker

Re: hmm.....

Quote:
Originally posted by MoneyToSpend
if girl wants a guy with a good personality, intellectual, blah, blah....then why, do girls go for the bad boys? a lot of the girls i know, said if they werent with their boyfriends, they'd be going out with me (i think they are just being nice)....their bf are complete dicks, treat them like sh!t, and all the other things that are associated with being a cock, why do the girls put up with it? i mean if you girls are truly looking for the nice guy(not saying most of you are), why go out with a guy that treats you like crap?

Dude i'm not a chick but i often have good insight into these types of issues.

These girls that only date bad boys are doing so because the excitment keeps them on their toes not to mention if they dont feel wanted it plays to their "want what i can't have" complex (doesn't apply to all girls). They also aren't at a point in their life when they realize those types of relationships lead to nothing more then heart break, this is when they often start to smarten up.

I think that girl who would date you if she were single is a girl you should never date. I'm assuming your a nice guy and have good values when i say this but shes atracted to the purity in you. Its a good thing you have that but wait until you find a girl who will respect you for being a gentleman and will return your kind gestures. I draw this from being a nice guy myself and wondering why some girls are attracted to me in the first place.

I read an interesting article in the paper last night when i was doing some research for school and apparently "good, nice and somewhat old fashion" men are on the demand. So much so that this article found that by putting on a wedding ring (even on a single guy) there was a noticable increase in the number of girls that flurted with the two test males. After some interviews with the ladies that fell for this test the author discovered that women are now starting to look for men who are stable and they could raise a family with. Sadly some women are taking the easy way out and looking for "qualified men" (because another woman found HIM to be worthy) but aren't looking out there at the "single, old fashion, good" males. This might explain why devorce rates are on the rise.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:37 PM   #16
MoneyToSpend

i like that...damn...
Old 01-08-2003, 04:53 PM   #17
mt.biker

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by MoneyToSpend
i like that...damn...

like what?
Old 01-08-2003, 04:56 PM   #18
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Re: Re: hmm.....

Quote:
Sadly some women are taking the easy way out and looking for "qualified men" (because another woman found HIM to be worthy) but aren't looking out there at the "single, old fashion, good" males. This might explain why devorce rates are on the rise.

then how the hell does that explain what happened to me??

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 01-08-2003, 05:01 PM   #19
mt.biker

Re: Re: Re: hmm.....

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
then how the hell does that explain what happened to me??

dont even go there...
Old 01-08-2003, 11:32 PM   #20
toykilla

Quote:
Sadly some women are taking the easy way out and looking for "qualified men" (because another woman found HIM to be worthy) but aren't looking out there at the "single, old fashion, good" males. This might explain why devorce rates are on the rise.

That is probably the reason why most marriages end in devorce. Other than the fact that marriage is a game now. People think we should try it and hell, if it don't work out we can get devorced. What ****ed up logic we are teaching our younger generations.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:20 AM   #21
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Sadly some women are taking the easy way out and looking for "qualified men" (because another woman found HIM to be worthy) but aren't looking out there at the "single, old fashion, good" males.

then why the woment that found the guy to be worthy are not with him ????? i know just an idiotic question

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 06:44 AM   #22
mt.biker

Re: Re: Re: hmm.....

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
then why the woment that found the guy to be worthy are not with him ????? i know just an idiotic question

who knows really... maybe hes just out doing something without her and these girls are hitting on him.

Yes it is totally messed up whats happening these days with marriage!!
Old 01-23-2003, 05:33 PM   #23
GirlRacer

I look for....

I personally look for humor, responsibility, education, vocation, muscle, straight teeth, nice feet, and of course looks.

That last one might be moved towards the front b/c it's the first impression that would make you cross a room.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:39 AM   #24
maikoshi

confidence + sense of humor = sexy as hell. of course you can't look like total crap, either. tattoos are a plus (unless they are ugly...)
Old 03-05-2003, 07:18 PM   #25
Shot 2 Hel

Quote:
Originally posted by maikoshi
tattoos are a plus (unless they are ugly...)

does that include the "I Heart Mom" ones LOL
Old 03-05-2003, 09:04 PM   #26
maikoshi

no. :P i'm talkin bout those tacky i only had 45 bucks but i wanted a tattoo ones. or just stupid ones.. like people who put all the japanese stuff on them but dunno what it really means.

well, here are some examples:
http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A21120/high/mtv2.jpg
http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A21028...clubtattoo.jpg
http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A20108/high/apple1.jpg
http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/990830/high/myfree-1.jpg
http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A30202/high/now006.jpg

shall i go on?
Old 03-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #27
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Looks are important to everyone whether they admit it or not. In some cases I've found myself attracted to a guy based strictly on looks alone and then was turned off by their personality, sense of humor, etc. Then in other cases I've grown to be attracted to a guy because of his personality, sense of humor, etc., and in the end that makes him attractive to me whether he is really good looking or not. It's hard to explain, but I know some of you out there know what I'm talking about, right?

Right now I have a big thing for a guy that I don't even know. This "crush" is based on his looks alone....I hate it when that happens, but you just can't control who you're attracted to I guess.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:29 AM   #28
zm_dawg

looks are the first thing....and then you find out more and the bigger decisions come...why do i post this dam shit...everyone knows this already....like of course you'll try to talk to the cute girl before the less glamorous if you knew absolutely nothin about either....duh...
Old 03-07-2003, 10:08 AM   #29
HNDAGRL

Looks do come as a factor to me especailly if I haven't spoken to the person yet, but once I get to know them and they have no personality...their looks just don't attract me any longer.All in all, if a person makes you laugh, their sweet, and so on you have to be somewhat attracted to them if not, then nothings going to happen between the two of you.