::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2004, 09:48 PM   #1
GeneralDzur

So I just went on my first date (ever)

Well, as some of you may know, I'm a virgin (saving sex until marriage), so if I get in a relationship, I'm generally intending it to be a long-lasting one.

Well, I took Stephanie (a girl from my bank) out, and she was very fun to hang out with, and we had a good time, but since she only dates for fun while she's going to school to be a nurse, and since I'm looking for a more serious thing...well....at the end of the night, that was it.

Now I'm depressed...and I don't know why. I didn't even know her very well.

*sigh*

- Dzur
Old 06-08-2004, 10:02 PM   #2
pimpinprelude

nawww dude dont be depressed...at least she went out with you.. soo look at it like that.. you need to find somebody who has the same stance on stuff that you do.. thats the only way it will work!

iam in the same boat as you....
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:09 PM   #3
SuperHero500

yea man don't be stressin', if she went out with you to begin with you gotta have something going for ya. just keep your eyes peeled for some hunnies that share your interests and beliefs. best place to find a chicka that's wanting to wait till marriage is a purity church of some sort (nazarene, baptist...). Good luck man.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:24 PM   #4
biker's back

dude you're thinking too much....

Could it have gone any better? you had fun, now you dont have to worry about the sex thing. Boom its all good.

Dont ever let a girl keep you down...
Old 06-08-2004, 11:07 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperHero500
best place to find a chicka that's wanting to wait till marriage is a purity church of some sort (nazarene, baptist...). Good luck man.

That's good advice but there's a ton of Nazarenes in the KC area (where Dzur and I live) and they kinda creep me out. But they're better than the RLDS folks (basically mormons...but they hate mormons...go figure) whose world headquarters is in Independence, MO...right outside KC.

But yeah Steve...cruise your church and/or youth group stuff for interesting ladies with the same values and whatnot. Church girls love church guys...they just can't stand guys like me.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 12:10 AM   #6
mylittlecivic

im sorry it didnt work out, but youll find someone. I could have never imagined finding someone with the same beliefs and morals as me that has so much in common with me but hey it happened!

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 12:54 AM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
im sorry it didnt work out, but youll find someone. I could have never imagined finding someone with the same beliefs and morals as me that has so much in common with me but hey it happened!

Oh Anna you made me blush..don't let out our secret! hahaha

anyway dude...why worry about it.
You didn't knock her up
You don't have an STD
You gained more experience going on a date, which makes it easier for you to find out what you like in a woman and what you don't
I say it went ok.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:31 AM   #8
GeneralDzur

Well....it didn't go bad...its a little dissapointing though.

Ah well....back to work and school...and dreaming about STi's and Supra's.

- Dzur
Old 06-09-2004, 09:46 AM   #9
SuperHero500

Just remember, your car is better than most women... cheaper to upgrade, cheaper to make look better, cheaper to make faster, and once you get them done they don't leave you, but if they do you make money off it.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:05 PM   #10
GeneralDzur

Quote:
Just remember, your car is better than most women... cheaper to upgrade, cheaper to make look better, cheaper to make faster, and once you get them done they don't leave you, but if they do you make money off it.

That's the coolest thing I've heard all week.

- Dzur
Old 06-09-2004, 04:29 PM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

And your car doesn't get pissed if you ride in another car or forget the first day you drove it.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 06-09-2004, 05:19 PM   #12
Shot 2 Hel

your young give it time
Old 06-09-2004, 11:30 PM   #13
Kool-Aid

I know it sucks trying to find someone who wants the same things as you do...Im in a situation where I may have to let go of someone because of differences of wants and needs. It's hard but you'll, and I, will eventually get what you and I deserve...easier said than done though....
Old 06-10-2004, 01:18 AM   #14
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

i just spent a week looking like a total cake ass because of a similar situation that was dragged out over five months because i figured i could do anything. Thats shit. Girls are just girls, and you have to look at it that way if you dont want to get sad...most date for fun, when youre young. Others are psycho, and one in a million is just right. The shitty thing is that all girls have that knack for making you think they are one in a million.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:24 AM   #15
biker's back

LOL at the car comment.

All of my gfs have thought they needed to compete with my car, when one asked I said there was no competition. She thought that ment she was more then the car, if she only knew....

Anyways its not a problem now, my gf was in the car when I totalled it. But she still feels odd when I see an RL and have flash backs to all the wonderful days.

Yes a car is less 'work' then a woman but theres nothing quite like the love of a female. I'd trade in my car anyday if it meant keeping the love of my life.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:40 AM   #16
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by biker's back
I'd trade in my car anyday if it meant keeping the love of my life.

hell yeah
Old 06-10-2004, 01:29 PM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by biker's back
I'd trade in my car anyday if it meant keeping the love of my life.

If she were the love of your life I doubt she's make you trade away something you loved.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:23 PM   #18
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
If she were the love of your life I doubt she's make you trade away something you loved.

You must not understand women.. its all about compromising...
Old 06-10-2004, 04:42 PM   #19
Kool-Aid

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

I think he was saying "if he had to choose between the two...he would trade in his car to keep the love of his life..." Im sure you know this...
Old 06-10-2004, 04:44 PM   #20
Kool-Aid

As a girl, it feels really good to see a guy sacrifice something for me...it shows that he really cares about me and is willing to do almost anything for me... **hint** another way to get laid!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 05:27 PM   #21
GeneralDzur

/\Mental note to self/\

- Dzur
Old 06-10-2004, 06:27 PM   #22
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

teh sad thing is girls get 'freaked out' 'scared' 'overwhelemed' and generally psycho when a guy will actually, you know, go out of his way for her on a regular basis and/or make her important.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:42 PM   #23
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaved &/or Laid
teh sad thing is girls get 'freaked out' 'scared' 'overwhelemed' and generally psycho when a guy will actually, you know, go out of his way for her on a regular basis and/or make her important.

Or if the guy is looking for serious relationship.

Old 06-10-2004, 11:50 PM   #24
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

that too.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:05 AM   #25
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaved &/or Laid

the real problem is most girls/women expect the men in their lives to keep on doing this. This is when the trouble begins because you rarely hear a woman say "i had to give up my sewing for my husband" but more often then not you hear 'I had to give up my 68 vette for my wife because it wasnt pratical'

Cutting through all the bullshit I've noticed that men tend to do more of the expensive things and also bend over backwards more for women then visa versa. Now I say this because on new talk 1010am they had a call in segment on this and you should have heard what these husbands gave up. Then when a woman called in (it was in equal numbers 1 guy and then 1 girl) it was like 'um now that I think about it I didnt give anything up'. So ya guys give up alot for relationships, and men dont forget to draw aline in the sand when she crosses it something needs to be done.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:36 AM   #26
GeneralDzur

This is also true...my first girlfriend got kind of weird when I'd go out of my way for her.

...and then her parents tried to get a restraining order on me because "it isn't healthy for Kelley to be in a relationship, and although we don't have anything against you, she shouldn't be hanging out with you." Yeah - no idea where that came from.

- Dzur