.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2002, 01:46 PM   #1
cutiepy701

Who here has tied the knot? just curious

I was just kind of curious as to how many people here are married, or planning on getting married. And if you are, how old were you when you got married, and how long has it been??

Or people who were married and are now divoriced?
Old 09-10-2002, 02:01 PM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Everyone knows me..

Im 23 y/o, got married 4 months ago tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:15 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

not me.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 07:29 PM   #4
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Everyone knows me..

Im 23 y/o, got married 4 months ago tomorrow.

do I hear a...4 months anniversary present for his wife coming up
common she'll love ya for it!
Old 09-11-2002, 09:16 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
...common she'll love ya for it!

She better love me anyway.. Ha, I havent even gotten the ring paid off yet..

She'll get a 6 month gift..
Old 09-11-2002, 10:41 AM   #6
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Almost everytime I look at the section of the paper with the engagement/wedding announcements, I notice someone I graduated high school with, and it really puts things into perspective. I'm 22 and no where near to getting married or even engaged for that matter. It's just so weird sometimes to see your friends getting married, when if feels like just yesterday we were deciding who house to have a sleepover at during lunch in the high school cafeteria.
Old 09-11-2002, 11:56 AM   #7
cutiepy701

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
Almost everytime I look at the section of the paper with the engagement/wedding announcements, I notice someone I graduated high school with, and it really puts things into perspective. I'm 22 and no where near to getting married or even engaged for that matter. It's just so weird sometimes to see your friends getting married, when if feels like just yesterday we were deciding who house to have a sleepover at during lunch in the high school cafeteria.

I know exactlly where you are comming from. Growing up I had a group of girlfriends about 5-6 of us. Our ages now ranging from 18-22. All of them are married except me. 2 have babies. I look and think damn, shouldn't I be married by now? But then I see that I am happy where I'm at, and It will happen when it happens. I just hope they all made the right decision and their marriages last. It still is so shocking to me every day when I think about it.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:28 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

maybe it's a name coincidence i dunno. ppl always aske me when i gonna get married, and usually i tell them that that won't happen for the next 50 years.

Old 09-12-2002, 03:58 AM   #9
Civic

I see allot of my freinds havin kids and getting marryed.I think there crazy.A good freind of mine just told me his GF is due next month.I personally believe mid 30s 35-39 would be a good age to have kids and get married.Why now???You tie your self down for the next 18+ years then after your too old to do anything.I need to know I can get up and go out when ever and where ever,not worry about kids or a ball and chain.Not to mention financial my job sucks I can't imagine supporting a kid or two plus rent and food and etc....I feel like I'm the only one left,everyone else is trying to rush old age and I'm still the same way I was when I was 15.I wanna drink,stay out all night,drag race,cruise aimlessly for hours on end like the good ol days.Why does everyone want to get old??????
Old 09-12-2002, 07:15 AM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

This is so true. It seems like every girl I dated in highschool is married now with atleast one or more kids! And a lot of them arent happy at all. Im happy with my life. Its better to take your time and be sure about what your doing. Youll be much better off in the long run.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:09 AM   #11
cutiepy701

I agree Racing Rice. As much as I love my b/f and things are great, even if he did propose, I honestly don't know if I could say yes. And I'd definetly never ever live with my b/f again. I like the comfort of a serious relationship.....but also the freedom to not have him there 24/7 or see what I'm doing all the time. I think It will be a couple years at least, before Im ready to settle down like that
Old 09-12-2002, 08:57 AM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic
I see allot of my freinds havin kids and getting marryed.I think there crazy.A good freind of mine just told me his GF is due next month.I personally believe mid 30s 35-39 would be a good age to have kids and get married.Why now???You tie your self down for the next 18+ years then after your too old to do anything.I need to know I can get up and go out when ever and where ever,not worry about kids or a ball and chain.Not to mention financial my job sucks I can't imagine supporting a kid or two plus rent and food and etc....I feel like I'm the only one left,everyone else is trying to rush old age and I'm still the same way I was when I was 15.I wanna drink,stay out all night,drag race,cruise aimlessly for hours on end like the good ol days.Why does everyone want to get old??????

i see your point, but i want the kids before my next ex wife is 35. after that age she won't be in such a good shape to have a pregnancy, or she will have problems thru the pregnancy, or even the baby come out with problems. i really don't want that. Plus there is the battle of generations. the older you are the more fights you are gonna have with your child. I'm looking at me and my dad. there is a 28 year difference between us, and we are constantly fighting. i'm not saying that i am perfect, and i must say that he is a true idiot sometimes. My uncle is worse than my dad, but he never had that many or that severe fights with my cousin, just because of the age difference of 22 years. i used to live with my cousin and did the same stupid things as he did, but i was in more trouble with my dad than he was.

Old 09-12-2002, 10:13 AM   #13
DsBlu01CivEX

Yah...I'm absolutely nowhere near to gettin married or even in a serious relationship. I remember bein a kid and sayin that if i didn't have kids by the time i was like 28 I wouldn't have kids. Now I'm all but 22, thinkin 28 yrs old is only 6 yrs away and I dont see kids in my near future. I agree with hondaman about the age gap and the fighting. My mom is only 20 yrs older than I am and sure we had our squabbles but we never really have big blow outs or anything like that. I don't know....it's just really weird to think about and I don't think I'm prepared to think about it. I'll just keep thinkin about school and my career....maybe marriage and kids will come into the picture at sometime.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 11:42 AM   #14
crxb16hybrid

Im 24 an been married to my wife for almost 2 years now....I think the right age to get married is when you trully are in love with some one and im not talkin about love for there sexual organs im talkin about the love that you have when you can fart in front of your man or woman....lmfao...im just kiddin....No really any age is good to get married as long as you have done everyone you want to...opps I mean everything you want to....I see so many people get married that are high school sweet hearts and a good part of them are already divorced.....The main reason it happens is cause they never exsperienced things on there own they never dated other people .....So inturn they end up getting curious and cheating on there spouse....Well any ways just figured i would put my two cents in ....Marriage is a wonderful thing I dont know were I would be with out my soul mate..........

Good day to all
Old 09-16-2002, 01:16 PM   #15
williecume

i am now 25 (26 in two weeks) and have been married for 1 1/2 years. i was 24 (naturally) and my wife was 30 and had a son from a previous marriage. we also have a little girl that is almost six months old.

check out our little girl (if you want)

my site

i think there are about 5 or 6 pages, not all of them are done.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:58 PM   #16
cutiepy701

awwww.......your daughter is such a cutie
Old 09-16-2002, 02:34 PM   #17
williecume

thank you
Old 09-16-2002, 05:57 PM   #18
custom rookie

i have been married for 3.5 years and am only 22. its nice having the second income so that i have more money for customizing my civic, and she stands behind me 100%. Its great.
Old 09-17-2002, 12:43 PM   #19
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by custom rookie
i have been married for 3.5 years and am only 22. its nice having the second income so that i have more money for customizing my civic, and she stands behind me 100%. Its great.

I agree.. It really helps when they support your habits..

I mean morally support.. But financially supporting is always a plus.
Old 09-21-2002, 02:39 AM   #20
mylittlecivic

I have a feeling im going to be getting married young..

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 11:00 PM   #21
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Re: Who here has tied the knot? just curious

yeah, I tied the knot then cut the ***** in half (the knot) seriously, i'm divorced..........
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 11:05 PM   #22
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
I have a feeling im going to be getting married young..

Anna....DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have fun and wait until the right time...there's no need to rush
Old 09-23-2002, 12:56 AM   #23
mylittlecivic

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle

Anna....DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have fun and wait until the right time...there's no need to rush

I dont plan on marrying the first guy i meet, im gonna wait for the right one i just dont want to wait forever

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 01:18 AM   #24
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic

I dont plan on marrying the first guy i meet, im gonna wait for the right one i just dont want to wait forever

well, that's good but you're what, 17? You still have plenty of time....