Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2004, 11:35 PM   #1
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

so what circus animal?

damn as much as i hate bush, i dunno about kerry. this years candidates scare me. if bush drops cheney and gets a less corrupt(ie: money driven) administration i'd vote for him. im afraid kerry is gonna go so far overboard its gonna screw things up worse than bush.

i wont not vote, cause i think thats even worse than voting for the wrong person.

the good thing about kerry being elected is then republicans will have the house and be able to kinda keep him in check to some degree.

i dunno... i hate politics. i wish i never learned the reality behind them

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:03 AM   #2
Wren57

I don't entirely support Bush either; it is Bush's cabinet that I will be voting for moreso than Bush himself. I truly believe that Bush has assembled some of the best, brightest men and women for leadership this nation has ever seen. Examples; Powell (leaving), C. Rice, Rumsfeld, etc.

I believe Kerry would royally screw up the country; he would completely alter the course of the nation, taking it away from Bush's long-term plan. Of course no plan will work if you change it 1/2 way through...

I'm too tired to go too long winded, but I do have tons of reasons to vote Bush over Kerry...
Old 04-13-2004, 12:04 AM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i think you know how much i hate bush, but honestly, i feel i might vote for him over kerry

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:07 AM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I can't stand either one of the bitches...and I'm sure as hell not voting for Nader. He's the reason we're in this mess to begin with. Normally I'd probably sway a bit more towards the left...but damnit Kerry just seems like such a waffling pussy. I honestly don't think I'll be voting this time around. First of all I'd have to re-register (I worked a double shift during the last election and missed out) and I can only legally vote in Johnson county...in KC. Seeing as how I'm 120 miles away in Crawford county and don't have a clue how to vote using an absentee ballot, I think I'll pass this year. No matter who gets elected, we all get screwed.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:13 PM   #5
Kool-Aid

Im not afraid to admit that I liked CLinton very much better than any of thise cats...
Old 04-13-2004, 04:30 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Clinton was kind of like a people's president. He was human...he fucked up, he lied, and then he came clean (no pun intended). Aside from the whole intern hooplah and being a little soft militarily, I'd say he did a much better job as far as jobs, economy, etc. for the country than Bush ever could...even with 4 more years in office.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:21 PM   #7
nonovurbizniz

I loved clinton... he's definately the best president we've had in a LONG time... as far as militarily soft... he was actually pretty hard core... one of the biggest attacks the bush campaign had on the gore camp was his (really clinton's) over extension of the military... as well as "nation building"... bush definately stuck to his guns on that one. Also bush didn't want to invest in the "next generation" of military weapons which gore/clinton BOTH supported heavily.

More on topic... Bush sucks... I'd vote for a rabid monkey with aids before I'd vote for him...

He's the devil and IMO the final sign that the end of the world HAS to be near.