.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2003, 06:50 PM   #1

saturn vs a civic?

this kid at my school keeps asking me if i want to race him. he's one of those "fast and the furious" kids who thinks he's a racer...hell, he tries racing people at stop lights just for the hell of it. he was bragging about how he beat my friend's geo metro(lmfao) last year. the thing is, he says his saturn can beat my car('02 civic dx). maybe he can, but i have no idea about his car's status. he has a saturn, maybe a LS or something...on the right back bumper it says "twin cam". and lights are thin?

maybe something like this?

the thing is, i asked him what he has(i'm sure it's stock), but he won't tell me anything about his car. some of his friends were telling him, "dude, you're gonna get your ass whooped." but all he says is, "i got more hp than him." i think it's around 120-? hp or something? but i heard his is a 1.5L/105-115hp. but mine is only 1.7L/115hp...stock.

could anyone tell me the facts about his car? thanks a lot.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:58 PM   #2
Shot 2 Hel

i doubt that he could beat you, but then again there are a lot of factors that go into a race. SO i dunno
Old 03-03-2003, 07:03 PM   #3

oh, i'm aware of that. i'm just trying to figure out the stats of his car.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:09 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i think he can beat you. theres some saturn twin cam that isnt slow.. its not fast, but neither are hondas

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:12 PM   #5

i need the facts...i can't find them anywhere.

it looks like this, if i remember right. without the mods.

Old 03-03-2003, 07:27 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

im not going to look for the facts. i know theres a twin cam saturn that runs 15.6's and one thats 16 flat or just under. i know your car cant do that. if you want the facts, find out what kind of car it is and look it up

Old 03-03-2003, 07:34 PM   #7

lmfao, bitchy ain't we? re-read what i wrote...i never asked anyone to look it up for me. re-read very closely.

and this a stock car...stock everything with a bass system in it.

now go find the facts for me, *****.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:37 PM   #8
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by member

lmfao, bitchy ain't we? re-read what i wrote...i never asked anyone to look it up for me. re-read very closely.

and this a stock car...stock everything with a bass system in it.

now go find the facts for me, *****.

and i never said you did, i just said im not going to look them up

Old 03-03-2003, 07:41 PM   #9

understood.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:46 AM   #10
zm_dawg

your goin to lose lol
Old 03-04-2003, 08:28 AM   #11
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Ive raced several saturns back when i first got my civic and yes they can be quite fast. out of all the "races" that i did I think I only came away with 2 or 3 wins and it was because they were autos and I just got em off the line
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 08:34 AM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Go to ---> http://autos.msn.com

Look it up they will tell you everything you need to know about your car. I think they will even let you compare them.

Compare that car to your car and see how it fares weight vs weight, power vs power, etc.

It would really help if you know what the trim level and year of the car it is.

If the specs are close, then chances are it would be a drivers race.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:12 PM   #13

lmfao, it was fun...i guess.

i found out he has a 5 speed manual '94 LS 4 door twincam.

it wasn't a ligit "street racing", but it still happened. it happened this morning on the way to school...on the same road i got the ticket from(if you remember). i passed the school bus and i looked at my mirror and i see this white saturn following me, so i was like "there he comes again." he tail gates me while swirving from left to right, then he swirves to the other lane and tries to pass me...so i drop down to 2nd and speed up. then i just kept going while his car is about 3 car lengths behind me. sooner or later, i see his car slow down so i slow down...then he passes me at the railroad tracks. going maybe 60, and my car going the speed limit(45). lmfao.

i asked him what happened to his "more horsepower than mine car" and he said he shift missed...uhh huuh...

and guess what, i found out he had one of those tornado things...well the wind really pushed him back didn't it.

so he "challenged" me for this friday night.

btw, this was my first time doing this. i know my car is slow, but atleast i beat a shit talker...
Old 03-04-2003, 07:17 PM   #14

and that'll probably be the only time i'll race on the streets. altough i did get an adrenaline(spelling?) rush, the track seems more safer and you don't get ****ed up over it.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:43 PM   #15
blind34_1

I wouldn't feed this "fast and furoius" kid anything, itll just encourage him. just tell him that fnf is not an accurate depiction of any sort of reality and that those tornado things are one of the biggest scams. dont waste your gas or risk wrecking your car on this kid.

btw, is your car manual or auto? cause if you take it to the track, my guess is he might beat you if your auto. if your stick, well then I say its determined by track conditions and driver skill.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:38 PM   #16
oc civic

who the hell cares... niether are meant to be fast.. in my most humble opinion id clasify BOTH of you as "fast and furious kids" i mean hell you are racing two bone stock economy cars.. no offense really man absolutely nothing personal BUT YOU ARE BOTH TERRIBLY SLOW.. and id beat you both in my suv...
Old 03-06-2003, 07:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
I wouldn't feed this "fast and furoius" kid anything, itll just encourage him. just tell him that fnf is not an accurate depiction of any sort of reality and that those tornado things are one of the biggest scams. dont waste your gas or risk wrecking your car on this kid.

btw, is your car manual or auto? cause if you take it to the track, my guess is he might beat you if your auto. if your stick, well then I say its determined by track conditions and driver skill.

true, that's why i'm not wasting anymore time on this kid. what i did just came out of nowhere...and got lucky, i guess. he has 124hp and i'm only at 115hp.

we're both manuals...

it actually has respectable hp for the size of the car, imo.

oc civic, i'm not even going to waste my time talking to you.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:58 PM   #18
blind34_1

actually oc civic has a point, but if we all applied that philosophy then no one would mod "slo ass eco cars."yes yes, we all drive slow cars but thats why we are here; to learn to make them better.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 12:21 AM   #19
zm_dawg

your right that isn't a legit street racing...and i couldn't even say what makes one legit...but it wasn't even a race...all you say is that you both kept slowing down till he passed you and that you got your car to 45 MPH...and he was at 60...and this was a 2 mile stretch ha...j/p..a race is where you go fast and have the opportunity to shift through all the gears....
Old 03-07-2003, 10:12 AM   #20
oc civic

Quote:
true, that's why i'm not wasting anymore time on this kid. what i did just came out of nowhere...and got lucky, i guess. he has 124hp and i'm only at 115hp.

we're both manuals...

it actually has respectable hp for the size of the car, imo.

oc civic, i'm not even going to waste my time talking to you.

there are other factors besides HP.. theres torque, tranny gearing, tire hight, final drive, weight of the car.... you must factor ALL of these things AND more to determine a cars ability to be "faster", and most OBVIOUSLY.. driver is a HUGE part..
Old 03-07-2003, 06:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by zm_dawg
your right that isn't a legit street racing...and i couldn't even say what makes one legit...but it wasn't even a race...all you say is that you both kept slowing down till he passed you and that you got your car to 45 MPH...and he was at 60...and this was a 2 mile stretch ha...j/p..a race is where you go fast and have the opportunity to shift through all the gears....

oh really...i didn't know that

i don't consider 1/4 mile, or any straight-away driving a "race". a real race occurse on the tracks...not a straight line. have you ever done downhills? go try it. you'll never go back to 1/4 miles...
Old 03-07-2003, 08:54 PM   #22
oc civic

Quote:
oh really...i didn't know that

i don't consider 1/4 mile, or any straight-away driving a "race". a real race occurse on the tracks...not a straight line. have you ever done downhills? go try it. you'll never go back to 1/4 miles...

down hill??? what are you talking about....
Old 03-07-2003, 11:26 PM   #23
zm_dawg

Quote:
and that'll probably be the only time i'll race on the streets. altough i did get an adrenaline(spelling?) rush, the track seems more safer and you don't get ****ed up over it.

It seems like you contradicted yourself just want to make it clear for myself and anyone else pondering about this...You first said it'll be the only time you'll race on the streets....but now your saying you don't consider a race...i find that hard to believe a lot actually after reading the post before the one i quoted....just wonderin man....
Old 03-08-2003, 12:42 AM   #24

^^^ i "fake-raced" him to get him off my back. he's been asking me for the past 4 months if i wanted to race him. now he wants a rematch because he ****ed up when he had the chance, but he's not getting another chance because i'm not a street racer. and he's not a racer, it's a waste of my time.

if someone kept punching your arm and you told them to stop, but they kept hitting you, what would you do?
a)ignore him and let him punch you forever and annoy the hell out of you.
or
b)hit him once to make him stop.

i chose b...and that's the last he's getting anything from me.

understand?
Old 03-08-2003, 12:45 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
down hill??? what are you talking about....

going down the mountain...very hard and takes a lot more skills than most illegal street racing.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:34 AM   #26
oc civic

Quote:
going down the mountain...very hard and takes a lot more skills than most illegal street racing.

tell that to my friend that runs a 9 sec gmc jimmy on the streets... you have no idea..

you can't compare apples and oranges.. you are describing something completely differant.. one is not harder than the other.. while we are on the subject what mountain racing events have you entered your civic in.. and what place did you take??? don't lie i will check.. lol
Old 03-08-2003, 10:32 AM   #27
Shot 2 Hel

i can beat most any riced out car in my mom's tahoe, if it didnt but cut off at 98. I have never heard of this downhill mountain racing. Oh well
Old 03-08-2003, 01:07 PM   #28

^^^ it's pretty much dead in the states. it's widely popular in japan.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:33 PM   #29
oc civic

Quote:
^^^ it's pretty much dead in the states. it's widely popular in japan.

then if you have NO first hand expieriance how do you assess skill level??
Old 03-08-2003, 03:26 PM   #30

i was born and raised in japan...then raised in the states. don't be so ignorant.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:32 PM   #31
oc civic

Quote:
i was born and raised in japan...then raised in the states. don't be so ignorant.

interesting.. how old are you.. and how long ago you move here?? what kind of car you have when you lived there?
Old 03-09-2003, 12:56 AM   #32

i'm 83...i moved here 18 years ago. i go back to japan every summer...i own 2 crx's('89/'91) and a evo IV...
Old 03-10-2003, 08:38 AM   #33
oc civic

Quote:
i'm 83

your 83?
Old 03-10-2003, 11:01 AM   #34
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

born and raised in japan...and raised in the us...wait...is there something im not understanding here
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:26 AM   #35
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
born and raised in japan...and raised in the us...wait...is there something im not understanding here

lol
Old 03-10-2003, 06:45 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg

yes, there's something you're not understand there.

i was born in japan then raised there until my teenage years. then i moved here, to the states and raised here. every year, i go back to japan to go to school. so yes, i go to both japanese and english schools.

i'm hoping to become a translator...which make A LOT of money.

then import japanese cars into the us and drive around naked.

and yes, i'm not 83...i am 27 - 18 + 56...
Old 03-10-2003, 07:19 PM   #37
zm_dawg

Why can't you just make it simple for all of us and tell us what that equals please.....or at least put parentheses in so I know which operation to perform first....it's a trick question your 83 just like you said you were...quit bein silly
Old 03-10-2003, 08:20 PM   #38

it's not tricky...you always solve from left to right...you should know that.

45+546*54-86=

546*54 first...

then

45+whatever than number is...

then

the number - 86...

come on now...
Old 03-12-2003, 10:19 AM   #39
oc civic

Quote:
you always solve from left to right..