Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

woot, new civic for 2006

i think it looks awesome and it starts to look like the new acura line. thank whoever thought about it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006civic.jpg (176.9 KB, 81 views)

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 10:01 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

http://www.hstuners.com/forums/attac...&postid=251490

eerily similar

Yes, it does need at least 200hp...but more than likely it wont get it. I bet it'll get the same k20a3...who's with me?
Honda has shown us time and time again, the biggest thing they put in civic's were b16a's (minus ctr). Why would this be any different?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:57 AM   #3
Fatal070

It's ugly.... and Im with you Pat....
Old 10-31-2004, 12:57 AM   #4
97CivicBoy

yeh for real, y dont they put some more HP in civics. THey would sell a heack of alot more...even tho they sell enuff, but stock civics are toooooo slow and yes i drive a stock civic...i haaaaaaaaate it...auto on top of that..next car will have some good power and be stick
97CivicBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:21 AM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

It looks too much like a wedge for it's own good. Perhaps you could use it as a really big door stop. I never thought I'd say this...but I like the current/older ones better.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:19 AM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

blah... i hope it dosnt make production looking like that. they need a rwd prelude and i'll like hondas again

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:59 AM   #7
CD5Passion

actually it looks like a crossbreed between a tsx and an accord (basically the same thing now that I think of it)
but I kinda like it..better than that van of a SI now
Old 10-31-2004, 02:32 AM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by 97CivicBoy
yeh for real, y dont they put some more HP in civics. THey would sell a heack of alot more...even tho they sell enuff, but stock civics are toooooo slow and yes i drive a stock civic...i haaaaaaaaate it...auto on top of that..next car will have some good power and be stick

they are supposed to be economy cars not compact hot rods.

and i think it will change quite a bit before it makes to the showrooms.

Old 10-31-2004, 02:43 AM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well just a quic search on google: this seems to be the euro model

Old 10-31-2004, 03:15 AM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
they are supposed to be economy cars not compact hot rods.

I think the big mistake on Hondas part is not realizing that they can be both. I'm not saying they can build a full-zoot racer at an affordable price...but the technology is certainly there to give the car a considerable amount more power while still keeping costs down. They're just a lot more content to look at demographic charts than take chances.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-31-2004, 06:13 AM   #11
AzCivic

i seen a lot of talk about Honda trying to become more like Toyota, if that happens theres no way they'll make a 200hp civic.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:24 AM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
i seen a lot of talk about Honda trying to become more like Toyota, if that happens theres no way they'll make a 200hp civic.

I hope that's not true. My mother has a Corolla and I hate working on that piece of trash. Toyota sucks out loud.

Old 10-31-2004, 08:24 AM   #13
IALuder

just another slow honda that my fast old car can beat.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:22 AM   #14
JDMFantasy2k

well sadly this is one of the better designs to come out of honda recently. The ass end is nice but i think they should make the front end more aggressive (after all the SI is marketed to be a small performance coupe)

engine selection, i'm willing to bet it'll get the k20a3:o

a nice 200 horse k20a2 would make it move nicely though

a totally redesigned k20a2 with a forced induction system would be plain sick. Fuck if SATURN can do it, there's no reason an awesome company like honda can't.

here's a thought for ya though, for any of you that are into PWC (personal watercraft, like waverunners, jet ski's etc) then you probably know how honda is new into that industry. Strange how they jump in and they're the only manufacturer (to my knowledge) with a turbocharged pwc. Interesting how they get into this new industry and first thing they do is mess around with forced induction, while they've been building cars for decades and not once has a hairdryer been found in a honda (least as far as i know)
Old 10-31-2004, 10:56 AM   #15
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Well I can honestly say this, I don't like it. I dont like the way that honda is going with the styling of thier cars. Too bad they are known now for thei 92-00 styling, and that's it.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:15 AM   #16
Fatal070

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Del Sol
Well I can honestly say this, I don't like it. I dont like the way that honda is going with the styling of thier cars. Too bad they are known now for thei 92-00 styling, and that's it.

I AGREE WITH YOU ALL THE WAY...
Fatal070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:06 PM   #17
JDMFantasy2k

well that's it exactly. It's the industry that's desiging cars in that new age style now. Hence, if toyota, mazda and mitsu are going to design cars with very flowing lines, huge headlights and boxy asses, then honda follows suit. It sucks because i agree in feeling that between all car manufacturers that the 92-00 generation was the best production years for almost all car models.

Saw a thing on tv for the next generation eclipse with some spy shots

it's just cars in general that are getting uglier. I seriously just want to find the designers of these new cars and beat the shit out of them.

I mean could you imagine what the car industry would be like if car companies actually listened to suggestions from consumers... here's some ideas.

1.Bring back the supra, 98 spec, and don't fucking touch it.
2. Please honda, give us the R. Actually for that matter, fuck acura, do away with it and give Honda Integra Type R, oh and equip it standard with a turbo so we could shut up some muscle heads.
3. Skyline, 02, v-spec II, just have nissan sell like 300 of em in the states ( and make em LHD) and i'll bet my life savings that they'd all sell in 30 minutes.

of course there's a million ideas that people have about cars (to eveyone his own of course) but i feel that most if not all of us here on this board kinda feel the same about car designs in general and what we want, and what we're deprived of.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:15 PM   #18
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Ford has done a fucking wonderful job however on the new mustang. I guess not all car manufacturer's are doing bad!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 02:36 PM   #19
Fatal070

Quote:
Ford has done a fucking wonderful job however on the new mustang. I guess not all car manufacturer's are doing bad!

Unfortunately, I must agree... they are doing a great job on looks ... The Mustang does look very nice..
Fatal070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:53 PM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

Ahhh yes. The '05 Mustang. That's what happens when a company takes notes from enthusiasts. You get a 300hp GT that looks pretty bad ass (though it took me a while to get used to it). I'm really anxious to see what happens in '06 when they roll out the new Cobras.

Old 10-31-2004, 07:40 PM   #21
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I hope that's not true. My mother has a Corolla and I hate working on that piece of trash. Toyota sucks out loud.

they're the second largest auto manufacturer in the world(largest in japan) so they gotta be doing something right. i'm sure Honda is taking notice of toyota cutting "performance" vehicles from their line up, yet still making a killing. they also make the most reliable vehicles out.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:44 PM   #22
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
they're the second largest auto manufacturer in the world(largest in japan) so they gotta be doing something right.

Yeah...they're making generic cars with no real character. They make cars that make people go "it's ok, I guess". Then these people buy the cars en mass because they don't know what they really want and figure the car is good enough. I like to refer to these examples as "sheeple".

Old 10-31-2004, 07:49 PM   #23
AzCivic

otherwise known as the general public, damn they're stupid.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:56 PM   #24
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
otherwise known as the general public, damn they're stupid.

Right, but you missed my point. There's nothing wrong with building cars for the public at large...that's a given and you wouldn't stay in business if you didn't build for them. But once you marry yourself solely to that thinking then you start to become bland and boring. In Toyota's case...they're the same company that gave us the TT Supra so you know they're capable of innovation and performance. Yet instead they started looking at JUST the general public and ditched the niche cars in favor of soccer moms and middle aged business men. Other companies who developed those niche cars have a much better following...at least among enthusiasts. And after all...everyone here is an enthusiast.

Old 10-31-2004, 08:37 PM   #25
AzCivic

yeah, but i guess the enthusiasts arent making the companies any money which is all they really care about. i think people used to buy cars from a company because that company was known for making a certain high performance vehicle, even though they couldnt afford that car, they still bought one from that company. but i think thats history.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:24 PM   #26
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I hope that's not the case. If it is, that would suck. Sports cars are becoming a dying breed and the line between them and "A to B" cars is getting increasingly thinner due to company's efforts to market basic trasportation as "extreme" or "sporty" by adding a better stereo and ground effects while producing no real changes at all. I seriously hope one day there isn't just a few sports cars here and there while the industry is completely dominated by cookie cutter cars and SUVs that offer little less than cargo room. But hey...I'm not an automotive executive, so what do I know?

Old 10-31-2004, 09:28 PM   #27
AzCivic

its been the general direction so far, which is sad
Old 11-01-2004, 07:31 AM   #28
mavaaoife

Kinda ugly... Honda needs toc ome up with something original

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:14 PM   #29
MissJDM

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

1) TOYOTA r0x0rz my s0x0rz. My parents have gone through a camry, 4runner, landcruiser and a sequoia.. we never had any problems with them.

I'm with PAT though, but.. since the last launch of that ep3, i have no hope for those si's any more. I still think the last launch is merely the same thing, same hp, a tad more tq + weight still equals out to be the initial set up.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:37 PM   #30
ShEaNy

k toyota makes good cars...so does honda....that civic...ugly...gimme the style today (si) or the 92+ anyday over that...:o
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote