::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2005, 01:28 AM   #1
CD5Passion

What's your view?

the other day while I was driving just started randomly thinking. What is death?
I know it's the one question everyone thinks about at times. What happens?
I'm not particulary religious and i beleive there could very well be a heaven or hell. but what if there isn't?
is it just over? darkness? rebirth? repeat? dream?
but because the brain dies, can we perceive lonliness or darkness

I read a theory that if the universe if a closed universe, that it will expand to a certain point then begin to collapse on itself. essentially saying that history might repeat itself. i thought this one in particular was interesting

I'm just kinda freaking myself out now
Old 01-17-2005, 01:30 AM   #2
Mischief

I've done that before.. at like times I've held my life in my hands.. like high up in a tree thinking I could end it all right there.. and my mind just wanders as to what happens afterwards..

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:54 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Re: What's your view?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gosei_Passion
but what if there isn't?
is it just over? darkness? rebirth? repeat? dream?
but because the brain dies, can we perceive lonliness or darkness

I read a theory that if the universe if a closed universe, that it will expand to a certain point then begin to collapse on itself. essentially saying that history might repeat itself. i thought this one in particular was interesting

There's no way we'd get a concensus in just one thread...but I believe the possibilities are limitless. I'd like to think I would live on in a seperate state of consciousness. It'd be particularly bad ass if I could come back as a zombie. Man...that'd be so sweet. And I figure if anyone's awesome enough to make that happen, it's me. In the event that such a thing happens, I'm sooooo biting all you bastards. Nothing personal...I'll just be craving human flesh. Haha...but seriously...I think there has to be something. I mean...there's still electrical energy in your body after you die and, according to Einstein, something has to happen to that energy. Oh...it'd also be wicked cool to become a ghost and scare little kids. That'd rule so hard.

As for the theory of the universe, that's quite true...if it's the case. But then again there's "string theory". It says that (very basically) all matter in the universe is made up a insanely small energy particles ("strings") and the properties of these particles make things the way they are. To give you an idea of the scale of said particles, if you blew an atom up to the size of our solar system, a "string" would be roughly the size of a tree. It also, in a round-about way, creates the potentials for several other universes parallel to our own. It's crazy shit.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:12 AM   #4
CD5Passion

i guess this is a question that man has been asking since the dawn. possibly at the time of death, you know how a lot of people describe it "seeing their life before their eyes"
maybe at the time of death you live that life again in a memory. if this is the case then maybe I'm living life in a memory as I type.
didn't write in a much earlier thread about parallel universes and such. Time travel creating new universes as the "original" universes goes on un touched
Old 01-17-2005, 06:21 AM   #5
IALuder

you go six feet under.....the end.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 06:53 AM   #6
Wren57

Not really related, but interesting. Some of you might want to read about out of body experiences; what they are and how to achieve one. I was able to have an out of body experience once. The second time I tried, I got sleep paralysis (not fun at all). It is worth a look. This will help you seperate the conciousness from the body.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:25 AM   #7
IALuder

how do do that/

Old 01-17-2005, 08:23 AM   #8
ShEaNy

yea^^ how DO u do that.....i kinda wonder what happens when u die as well...some times i just think how it could be like...just darkness...or life after death..etc....freaky stuff
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:38 PM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Perhaps that borders on astral projection? Either way, I'm not about to try something that could lead to sleep paralysis. That shit's just horrifying.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 01-17-2005, 05:06 PM   #10
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

My thoughts:
Your brain is who you are - personality, how you think, etc. It's rots in the ground, eaten by bugs and worms, bacteria and plants.
Who you are is gone...what can there be left of you? If there is a soul (which I don't really believe in either) how can it contain your personality if its gone?

I don't believe in astral projection or out-of-body experiences either. I think theyre just different kinds of dreams or thoughts.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #11
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

I guess its a question everyone thinks of and yet everyone will eventually know when they die. heaven/hell? ghosts? rebirth? nothingness? i'm down for whatever.
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:21 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by RxGoaT13
I guess its a question everyone thinks of and yet everyone will eventually know when they die. heaven/hell? ghosts? rebirth? nothingness? i'm down for whatever.

You forgot zombies.

Old 01-17-2005, 05:43 PM   #13
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
My thoughts:
Your brain is who you are - personality, how you think, etc. It's rots in the ground, eaten by bugs and worms, bacteria and plants.
Who you are is gone...what can there be left of you? If there is a soul (which I don't really believe in either) how can it contain your personality if its gone?

I don't believe in astral projection or out-of-body experiences either. I think theyre just different kinds of dreams or thoughts.

well when I was in pyschology we studied a case where a doctor got curious about these out of body experiences and called upon people who claimed they had them, when they slept he would set a number that no one knew or a picture of something ontop of a shelf too high for someone to read unless they stood on the bed or in this case float out of body. the patient would sleep in a monitored room (cameras, sensors)
and the doctor watched over the night and monitor heart pace and brain waves.
over the night he watched as the patients brain waves suddenly went from producing delta waves (those found in deep sleep) to alpha waves (normal awake person). yet the patient appeared to remain asleep. he recorded the time that this happened. this happened 3 nights and the first time she claimed she was outside and couldn't read the number. but the next night she told him exactly what was on the paper.
aswell the time he recorded the unusual brain wave activity was the time the patient claimed to have the out of body experience. i don't know if it's true but I'm open enough to beleive in such.

has anyone ever heard of Night Terrors? if your bored look it up, it's really kinda freaky. but since the beginning of records. people have logged what they beleive was an attack from a evil spirit, where they would perceive a dark creatue sitting on their chest. It has occured in every nation, and in ever time of history.
apparently tho it takes place when you become concious and you are technically awake but at the same time your mind is still asleep so it dreams and you have no power over your body.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:26 PM   #14
pdiggitydogg

a Night Terror is depicted in a painting from 1781.
An incubus sits on a woman's chest, during the darkest of night, as a white mare stares from behind the curtain.
Henry Fuseli

I did a report on it - Its at the Detroit Institute of Arts.

If I'm ever going to believe in out of body experiences, I'll have to do it myself. I am totally open to trying it. But until then reports of such things are just about as meaningful, to me, as those that report signs of UFO's, alien abductions, and psychic powers
Old 01-17-2005, 07:00 PM   #15
CD5Passion

very good picture, that's one we looked at in my pysch class back in highschool when we talked about sleep disorders. the video we watched seriously freaked me out because of the way they filmed it portraying this creature. I heard in some countries it's called "The old hag" because they see a old witch character who sits on their chest
Old 01-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #16
Wren57

Techniques for having an OBE;
http://www.out-of-body.com/techniques/index.html

How I did it;
I focused on the energy in my toes and fingers as I was going to bed. I slowly moved the focus of energy from my extremeties towards my chest (took 2-3 minutes). I was able to harness all my body's energy in my chest. Then I was literally able to pull my spirit away from my body, using the energy in my chest. I only got out for a second, and got FREAKED OUT, and zapped back in. The next time I tried, I was tense and scared, and entered a state of sleep paralysis. I was stuck, pinned down to my bed. I was frozen with one eye open, one shut, yet I couldn't see or hear. I tried screaming, but my mouth didn't move and I heard no noise. I was in this state for what seemed like hours, but I'm sure it was just a few minutes. Needless to say, I don't mess with that any more.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:51 PM   #17
pdiggitydogg

ok...how do you focus energy? Is this like some kind of Chi thing?
Old 01-17-2005, 08:58 PM   #18
IALuder

lol, i dont think that works.

Old 01-17-2005, 09:00 PM   #19
pdiggitydogg

(that's what I'm thinking)
If I could focus my energy like that I'd be slinging energy waves around at other people like anime.
"HAAA!" That'd be fun.

Well, I will honestly give it a shot later today. Seriously. But I have no expectations.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:04 PM   #20
Wren57

Lay down and focus all your attention on the tingling in your extremities. You WILL begin to feel the energy if you do it correctly. Then just move it towards the middle.

It must be absolutely silent and dark, and you must be completely relaxed to be able to do this. If you are skeptical, your brain won't allow yourself to focus entirely, as you don't want to prove yourself wrong by being able to do it. Good luck.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:07 PM   #21
IALuder

lol ill pull some kamama wave and blow myself up. lol

Old 01-17-2005, 09:08 PM   #22
pdiggitydogg

Looped energy wave

So focus on the lack of blood in my fingers and toes then.
Should my eyes be open or closed?
How long should I try this before I give up?

It sounds like I'm being a prick, but Im seriously asking.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:11 PM   #23
Wren57

Eyes closed. All senses turned off, except for feeling. If you can't do it within 5 minutes, you aren't in the proper disposition to be able to have one...
Old 01-17-2005, 09:26 PM   #24
pdiggitydogg

Well, in all seriousness, I dont think I'll ever be in the disposition to have one. But what the hell right
Old 01-17-2005, 09:39 PM   #25
IALuder

^hell yea. why not try. you never know till you try.

Old 01-17-2005, 11:16 PM   #26
CD5Passion

out of body experiences aren't controlled tho. that's the reason it made so many people wonder about it. the patient's that was being examined explained that one of the nights she didn't have a OBE. and when she does have it she cant control what level of it she has
I'm very skeptical about this..."technique" for the reason stated above. but you all tell me how it goes
Old 01-18-2005, 09:13 AM   #27
pdiggitydogg

Well, I tried it last night.
Lay down, eyes closed, dark room, no sounds.....I fell asleep.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:34 AM   #28
ShEaNy

LOL^^ well at least u got something done i tried it...8 minutes and nothing...eyes just about rolled back in my head ..(prolly about to sleep too ahaha) im to stressed right now to concentrate on anything but school, work, and the car:P
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:14 PM   #29
CD5Passion

imo what wren had there was a just of spiritual bullshit hoopla (no offense to you man)
Old 01-18-2005, 03:35 PM   #30
Wren57

Ha. Please tell me what I experienced. Are you me? No. Thanks, drive through.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:37 PM   #31
Daviso27
3rd Gear

In Hell they drive hyundai's and have dial-up...everything is linux. There is no ice, no ky-jelly and one of your nutts is larger than the other one. You get a pointed boot in your ass 10 times a day. You sleep on a waterbed w/o sheets, covered in oil so you slip-around. It will suck!
Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:40 PM   #32
pdiggitydogg

I'll give it another shot tonight. But this time I'll take my clothes off first (so I dont sleep in them)

Are my arms supposed to be in a certain place? Probably not on my chest; if thats where the spirit comes out.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:21 PM   #33
Kyle
elyK

I think when you die it is just over for you...you can't think or anything...it's just nothingness...that is very hard to imagine though. Maybe impossible

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:31 PM   #34
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Ha. Please tell me what I experienced. Are you me? No. Thanks, drive through.

you probably fell asleep without noticing
and you had a night terror
(see previously talked about subject with picture)
Old 01-18-2005, 11:06 PM   #35
MissJDM

I think what Wren has to say about his experience is pretty cool. Do I believe it, I'm not sure yet. Maybe Wren is just more focused than us [when he does it] and that's how he concluded what he did.

It's worth a shot, but from his detailed description, I'm scared. Someone else do it and tell me how it goes.

On a side note, PAT sleeps naked.

I wish I had clearer opinions of Life after Death. Growing up in a Buddhist and extremely superstitious home while being an Asian-Amiercan, I get mixed emotions about this stuff. My parents believe that spirits will always remain and you will reincarnate into whatever you deserve from the previous lifetime. When we have ceremonies for big occassion like my Grandfather's day of passing away, we order these Vietnamese Tradition paper outfits and burn it so that my Grandfather can wear it above. Especially around Asian New Years, we do that and burn this fake paper money...

I've never seen a ghost or anything of the like, but I am confident enough to say that I know my grandfather is watching above when people tell me to drive carefully on road trips.

Fxck, I don't even make sense now, do I? I always go in circles.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote