::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2005, 01:45 AM   #1
CD5Passion

90's Music

tonight when i went to applebees with my buddy we were sitting and eating when a old Collective Soul song came on and struck something that I hadn't felt in a long time.
since the 90's the music has changed so much and that now the "punk" genre as they like to call it has pretty much taken over. but do you all remember the alternative rock movement of the 90's?....some very good songs were made while i was young and growing up.
well nows a time to be caught in nostalgia..what was your top 5 favorite songs or bands of the 90's

i dont think i could list my favorites in 5 personally but i did just download a shit load of music and put it on a cd to rock out to
it includes band such as
Blur, Collective Soul, everclear, eve6, goo goo dolls, fastball, live, metallica, nirvana, oasis, soundgarden, third eye blind, oleander, the verve, and the vervepipe, and the old school red hot chili peppers

man i cant wait to rock this shit

Last edited by CD5Passion : 02-22-2005 at 01:49 AM.
CD5Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 01:51 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Let's see how well my memory's held up...wasn't ever a grunge/alt-rock guy. Punk will always be my first love. Anyway...

Far - Mother Mary
Flipper - the whole "Generic" album
Mudhoney - Suck You Dry
Sonic Youth - cover of The Carpenters' "Superstar" (really the whole "If I Were A Carpenter" album)
Black Flag (Rollins era) - Who's got the 10 1/2?

Suprisingly I could go on...much to my own shock (but not awe)...but I'll stop there.

Edit: Oh! And the "Saturday Morning Cartoons" album. Helmet doing the theme from Gigantor owns you in ways you'll never comprehend.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:57 AM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

Edit: Oh! And the "Saturday Morning Cartoons" album. Helmet doing the theme from Gigantor owns you in ways you'll never comprehend.

that cd is awsome... i think its actually sitting on my desk right now somewhere.

for 90's music i always listened to alot of nirvana, greedday(nothing past dookie), rage atm, then my enourmous ska and punk collection from back then.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:27 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

early and mid 90's music rocked period. not only the alternative rock but the other genres too.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:47 AM   #5
CD5Passion

listening to whats on the radio now is just horrible...it all sucks...everything sounds the same..or is it just me?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:54 AM   #6
Violent Apathy

You're just getting too old.....or wait no, it just sucks, nevermind....

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:14 AM   #7
CD5Passion

lol thats what I thought..man I do feel like im getting old now that I'm looking back at whole different era. god damnit
Old 02-22-2005, 11:51 AM   #8
Mischief

psssh eff that I go way past the 90's.. right now I'm listening to Fur Elise biaaatch... BEETHOVEN ROCK OUT!

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:59 AM   #9
mylittlecivic

Dang too many bands, ill just name a few more.
Alice in chains, stone temple pilots, primus. I listened to alot of everclear in the 90's. I remember first hearing system of a down and incubus on the radio too, things have changed alot the last few years

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:08 AM   #10
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
Dang too many bands, ill just name a few more.
Alice in chains, stone temple pilots, primus. I listened to alot of everclear in the 90's. I remember first hearing system of a down and incubus on the radio too, things have changed alot the last few years

we'll see how things are by 2010 I'm sure we'll be missing it all. Everclear was an amazing band, I miss them. i think i first heard incubus in around 1999 but i'm not sure..probaly the same for SOAD. Fortunatly Incubus has retained their sound over the years, every cd has been great in its own way
Old 02-23-2005, 02:48 AM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Gosei_Passion
Fortunatly Incubus has retained their sound over the years, every cd has been great in its own way

WHAT?! Listen to "Enjoy!" or "S.C.I.E.N.C.E" and tell me any of their later stuff sounded nearly that good. I ran across Enjoy in a record store sometime around 1997-1998 and fell in love. Loved S.C.I.E.N.C.E even more. After that, it was all downhill.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 02-23-2005, 08:36 AM   #12
CD5Passion

well I won't disagree at all, of course their old stuff was awesome but what i meant is they stayed incubus. they have mellowed out recently but you can still tell when a song is theirs. mann SCIENCE is my favorite cd by far..my friend lost it...maybe i'll download it sometime
Old 02-23-2005, 08:58 AM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

im stuck in the 60's and 70's listening to their rock right now. so much more dynamic and layered than any crap i've herd today.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 04:34 PM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
im stuck in the 60's and 70's listening to their rock right now. so much more dynamic and layered than any crap i've herd today.

I swear...for some reason the only classic rock I can get into is The Who. They may, in fact, be one of the best bands ever. I don't know why...but just about all other classic rock pisses me off.