.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think about having a friend with benefits?
I don't think there's anything wrong with it 4 33.33%
Depends on what kind of friend 4 33.33%
No way, I don't agree with it 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2003, 09:25 AM   #1
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Friends with benefits

Just curious as to what everyone's views are on having friends with benefits.

Just in case some people may not know what that means, it means having a friend that you have sex with, but the relationship never goes further than that. Purely sexual.

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 08-21-2003 at 09:33 AM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 02:49 PM   #2
V8killimports

Well what are your views? =) I don't think there is anything wrong with it.. I have done it on occasions.. sometimes it can be the best you ever had..
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 05:32 PM   #3
imports_only98

i don't know whether i'm for it or against it. i had one of these...but it didn't start out that way. this guy was the first and only guy i've ever been with (i'm 22 btw).

i mean i liked him soooo much before we ever slept together...and of course like a dumbass...i thought once we did...we'd like start a relationship. well that never happened. but we became really good friends.

and since then we've messed around a few more times and really i think it can't be all that bad...unless one of you is attached. i'm somewhat attached to him. and it like erks me when he dates girls...i know it shouldn't but it's hard to deal with.

so i guess my answer is that its NOT harmless as long as both of u are unattached and safe about it.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:54 AM   #4
juvenile

I chose #2 only because I'm still sporting the whole V thing, so I have no clue what one or the other way will feel like. I currently don't think it's right, but I won't say no way before I experience sex, because Imight like it so much that I'll end up doing it so I then become a hypocrite. Even though I've contradicted mysefl before I don't want to do it too much knowingly.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:53 AM   #5
DsBlu01CivEX

I don't agree with it. Any of these situations that people I know of have been put in, one of the 2 people have been attached to the other person, which is the reason why they put themselves in the situation to begin with. So while the one person is attached (normally the girl) the other isn't and doesn't bother to call or talk to them until they want another piece of @ss. So, then my question is....Where does it stop? I just don't think it's fair to either party. The attached person won't move on because they have this pipe dream that the other person will one day come around and want a relationship...and by having that dream they don't move on and try to find someone who is worth their time. And the attached person then always has a deep down feeling of being used, which is NEVER a good feeling. Then the non-attached person thinks that hell all they gotta do is call this person up anytime they want (including 3 am) thinking that "well blah blah likes me so much, he/she will come over no matter what." So, they just sorta expect that it'll happen. I just don't think it's a cool situation to get into.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 03:03 PM   #6
imports_only98

^^^ very good point...a lot of it pertains to me..well except for the 3 a.m. booty call crap....im sleepin at 3 am!!! still a very good point.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:08 PM   #7
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by imports_only98
^^^ very good point...a lot of it pertains to me..well except for the 3 a.m. booty call crap....im sleepin at 3 am!!! still a very good point.

I've gotten that numerous times from my ex...who I'm not completely over yet. So it's really hard to say no sometimes...but then I roll over and look at the clock through blurry eyes, see that it's 3am and that just makes me say "nope...I'm going to back to sleep now. I'll talk to you later "

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 05:30 PM   #8
imports_only98

will power rocks girl!
Old 08-25-2003, 09:07 PM   #9
DumbMoFo

No. And the main reasoning has been covered. In addition, there are likely some self-esteem issues involved.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:21 PM   #10
zm_dawg

ack.....might as well if you want....just make sure not to fall in to far and get attached...if you have sex and leave or eat....thats fine...if you start callin every night to see how each others doin...why don't you call it a relationship......if you have sex and it's done for another few days...it'll work out
Old 08-28-2003, 09:37 AM   #11
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I personally dont agree with it, Im the kind of person that believes sex should done on a higher level.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:23 PM   #12
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

If you are not in a relationship, then yes. If you are in a commited relationship, then no. Simple as that but you have to remember, BOTH parties involved HAVE to be in agreement about this. Sex with that person may be great but you also have to be mature enough about it to realize that you are involved for sex ONLY. You can't be getting jealous over that person seeing someone else. For men, I don't see much of a problem with this, but for us women, more often than not, our coochies are attached to our hearts and it is VERY difficult to separate the two. Men DON'T have this problem. Ladies, please be VERY careful should any of you decide to do this. I have done this in the past before I was in a relationship and now after my divorce. I go this direction willingly and knowing that I DON'T want a realtionship anytime soon. This is why it is easier for me to do this.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:05 AM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Good point Blackwolf.. Most men dont mind the seek and destroy game. It can usually be done with no attachment.