::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2003, 07:04 AM   #1
sc0rch

what should i look for

ok i'm going to go ahead and buy a headder and exhaust for my car untill i can afford the swap.....hopefully once i start my caraudio site soon that'll do ok so i can use all that $ to put twards my car......

anyway what are good pieces on headders and catbacks..

and how much difference will it make to my SOHC vtec

the air intake isnt a big deal since you can find those anywhere
Old 02-20-2003, 07:17 AM   #2
armyguy5
3rd Gear

cat backs will run about 500 plus or minus and headers will run 250 plus or minus

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:03 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well if u plan on getting a swap don't waste the money on a header or exhaust. even if u keep the exhaust you will have to modify it to fit the new header from the new engine. just my $0.02. if i can help you with anything let me know.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 09:46 AM   #4
cashizslick

Re: what should i look for

Quote:
Originally posted by sc0rch
ok i'm going to go ahead and buy a headder and exhaust for my car untill i can afford the swap.....hopefully once i start my caraudio site soon that'll do ok so i can use all that $ to put twards my car......

anyway what are good pieces on headders and catbacks..

and how much difference will it make to my SOHC vtec

the air intake isnt a big deal since you can find those anywhere

Dont quote me on this, but i am not sure if headers for our D16Z6 will fit on a B16 or B18, i would wait till ya get the swap. (the Apexi turbo headers will not fit a b series motor, but will fit the D16z6)
Old 02-20-2003, 10:16 AM   #5
oc civic

Re: Re: what should i look for

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
Dont quote me on this, but i am not sure if headers for our D16Z6 will fit on a B16 or B18, i would wait till ya get the swap. (the Apexi turbo headers will not fit a b series motor, but will fit the D16z6)
nope they don't.. i would advise you also to save your money BUT you could get exhuast (cat back) sinse one you make the swap you will be rigging up the exhaust anyway, i would DEFINATELY not buy a header for this motor
Old 02-22-2003, 06:38 PM   #6
sc0rch

buuuuut i want something to boost the HP for now with the motor i already have since i have a baby comming soon i wont beable to afford the swap in the near future.......

buuuuuut since i will deffinately be doing a swap....and spending a billion $ on an exhaust and crap would be retarded i found some stuff made by Pace Setter thats pretty inexpensive and a dood at a performance shop told me that since i am gonna do a swap....and its not gonna be soon...that i would be good to go with the inexpensive pace setter headder and muffler wich would only set me back about $300 for both......$138 for the exhaust and $130 for the headder.......and even if it isnt a greddy catback or a DC sprots headder the dood told me it would be a damn good choice for the price and i would see a decent increase but nothing amazing..............

does anyone else agree?
Old 02-22-2003, 08:06 PM   #7
96coupe

the most impt thing is to make sure the pacesetter exhaust is mandrel bent and find out the diameter of the piping. although i have heard nothing about the pacesetter i think you should be alright w/ the setup. but remember, you get what you pay for.
Old 02-23-2003, 02:04 AM   #8
2000 V-TEC

just spend the extra money and get the good stuff. . . i wouldnt worry about the swap until ur ready to do it. when u r ready to do the swap just sell ur parts. not to hard to figure that one out...good luck
Old 02-23-2003, 12:55 PM   #9
sc0rch

the piping is 2 1/4 inch i think...nopi sells them and thats where i'm planing on ordering everything from.....
Old 02-23-2003, 01:02 PM   #10
cashizslick

Quote:
buuuuut i want something to boost the HP for now with the motor i already have since i have a baby comming soon i wont beable to afford the swap in the near future.......

buuuuuut since i will deffinately be doing a swap....and spending a billion $ on an exhaust and crap would be retarded i found some stuff made by Pace Setter thats pretty inexpensive and a dood at a performance shop told me that since i am gonna do a swap....and its not gonna be soon...that i would be good to go with the inexpensive pace setter headder and muffler wich would only set me back about $300 for both......$138 for the exhaust and $130 for the headder.......and even if it isnt a greddy catback or a DC sprots headder the dood told me it would be a damn good choice for the price and i would see a decent increase but nothing amazing..............

does anyone else agree?

Let me just say this, "Good things arnt cheap, and cheap things arnt good." - Save ur money and just get an exhaust.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:04 PM   #11
cashizslick

BTW, if you'll notice, i have not wasted money on a header for my car.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:05 PM   #12
sc0rch

Ractive 1995 HONDA Civic Exhaust Exhaust Header
RTV Chrome Steel Header 4 to 1 CIVIC $184.75

or

Ceramic Coated Steel Header - 1.6L VTEC $216.79

with

Cat-Back Exhaust System - 1.5L/1.6L 2dr Coupe - 4'' Single Straight Cut Rolled End Tip - 2.25'' Pipe Size $172.80

I'll prolly get a ractive CAI with the headshielded filter or just a short ram with the shieleded filter

i'm buyin all of this after i buy the rims.gotta have the rims for it to atleast look good

Old 02-23-2003, 03:25 PM   #13
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

I've heard pacesetter to be total crap by members on this board that have had them before. You could turbo the new engine if you want more power for relatively cheap

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 07:37 PM   #14
sc0rch

Fireball Cat-Back System - 2/4dr - W/ Resonator $313.32

Brospeed Aluminized Exhaust - 2/4dr EX & 1.6L VTEC - Single 4.50" Tip $311.79

hear anything bad about those?
Old 02-23-2003, 08:00 PM   #15
Civic98

sc0rch.........WHERE IN OHIO?
Old 02-23-2003, 10:49 PM   #16
sc0rch

about 45minutes S.E. from you in mechanicsburg......no one has ever herd of the town except me...lol......closest 2 towns you might know of are Urbana and springfield
Old 03-01-2003, 01:45 PM   #17
Shot 2 Hel

Quote:
Fireball Cat-Back System - 2/4dr - W/ Resonator $313.32

ive heard good things about that one
Old 03-02-2003, 10:56 AM   #18
sc0rch

good thats the one everyone has told me to get.....