Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2002, 10:31 AM   #1
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

Autometer Oil Pressure Guage...

I have installed my oil pressure gauge in my dual pod but I was wondering if anyone know where to tap the pressure line at?

I have a 93 Civic DX Sedan 1.5 SOHC..any info on this would be greatly appreciated...

thanks for looking....
Old 05-22-2002, 11:40 AM   #2
h82lose

ouch.. mechanical huh.

if you look behind the engine where the oil filter is.. above that is the oil pressure sensor..

unscrew that and screw in the fitting that came with the guage.. remember that you will have to "bleed" the line in order to get a correct reading.

i had that installed for about a week because it started leaking oil out of the fitting.. what a mess

next time get your hands on an electrical one.. that way you can use a Y adapter so you can keep your factory sensor in place and add the extra guage
Old 05-24-2002, 11:30 AM   #3
lilrex

you can still have you factor sensor and the sending unit for the gauge hooked up. I DO NOT recomend putting the sending unit on the block. Get you some rubber oil lines and connect the sending unit to your rack and pinion run the lines along with the correct fitting into the back of the block. use a t to connect the stock oil sensor and the sending unit to the oil lines from the back of the block. VWALLA finished and you dont have to worry about breaking the big heavy sending unit off in the block.