::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2002, 10:26 PM   #1
accord98lx

Maintanence

Anyone ever had a letter sent to them from their dealer saying to schedule an appointment for a 52000 mile maintanence or something?? Is this free? Im to lazy to call the dealer..its 5 pm and I think theyre close..I think i'll get an answer here before tomorrow -.-
Old 12-17-2002, 11:20 PM   #2
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

no....it's not free....just an "invitation" for you to spend some money at the dealer........

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 11:27 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Those are a f'in ripoff. I got on for my 93500 checkup. BS. All it is is an oil change that you pay for. Just stick to the services in the book and change your oil every 3k.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:19 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i never did those services on the car lately. it's because if i take my car there something goes wrong with it as soon as i take the car out the door, and i'm sick of bitching to those dudes.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 01:03 PM   #5
spoogenet

As long as the next scheduled service is still within the vehicle warranty then it's more worth taking the car in. After the warranty, though, it's just like taking it to any other mechanic for preventative maintenance.

Preventative maintenance can save you money in the long run or cost you more in the long run, it's just like an insurance policy. The auto industry in general is going to try to put a stronger emphasis on preventative maintenance. Cars are getting more reliable thus translating to less fix-it-up money for mechanics. The mechanics will focus on preventative maintenance as a money making insurance scheme to give people peace of mind and to line their pockets with enough dough to earn their keep.

So you've gotta basically ask yourself a simple question: Do I care enough about the peace of mind of a mechanic telling me my car is fine or would I rather save my money and just shell out the cash IF something breaks later on?

That will tell you whether to take the car in for scheduled maintenance or not.

For things such as timing belt, oil changes, etc. then it is worth either doing it yourself or having it done at the scheduled intervals. For stuff like checking tire pressure, fluids, rotating tires, checking brakes, etc. then you can easily do them yourself.

b