::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2002, 01:02 PM   #1
nicksaccord

Please help with problem

Hello, I read somewhere that I could see the computer codes by jumping the 2 wires that are located behind the passenger dash, I looked for the "loose" conector what was taped to a wire. I found a blue connector taped with blue tape. I removed the tape and I jumped the 2 wires using the paperclip. The two wires are blue and yellow I believe (I am writing this from work so I cannot confirm this) but to the best of my knowledge they were blue and some other color and they were where the instructions suggested they would be. Anyways, I jumped them and when I starteden the engine, the engine service light just stayed on. I tried removing it and the light was gone, and I did the above several times more. I read somewhere else that the ignition is to be turned to the accesory position, when I did so, then no light came on.

Can someone help me to get the stupid lights to flash properly?

The car is a 1993 Honda Accord Ex 4DR

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nicko
Old 05-19-2002, 01:41 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

First let me welcome you to HondaStyle

actually you foun the service connector and the procedure is right, but you do not need to start the engine (and it's not even reccomended). all you need to do is short the 2 wires and put the key into the run position, but do not crank it. if the light stays on you are the happy owner of a code free car. why do u want to check the car for codes ? did the light ever go off on you ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote