User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #1
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouncerx24
About the only respectable tradition left in this place..eh..but what would I know.

Good stories Arnel! It seems that fuck had to be censored back then...fuck?

I don't have any personal experiences to add to this, but an interesting note is that my maternal family doesn't seem to have any fear for this stuff. They grew up in rural China in the near mid-20th century in the shittiest places. It seems like they're so used to seeing these things growing up...

Here is a good one:

This is one about my mom's little brother. He was about 6 or 7, being the brat that he was, he ran around on the roof playing, tripped, and fell down. From the roof to the ground was at least 8-10 feet. Suddenly he felt like he was in no pain, and he saw an old women right beside him, saying "go back in, go back in," referring to his body. He did, then he became conscious and could control his own body again, but in LOTS of pain.

Actually, I remember one that I experienced. This takes place 6 years ago, it was my first visit back to China since I immigrated here. I was walking on the street with a few of my cousins, the street was pretty much empty, with a few buildings scattered around (with lights on). We were walking back to our car, all of us were standing outside the car, when suddenly I tilted my head just a little and saw about a 5' old woman about 6 inches in front of me. She stuck out her hand and slightly moves her palm a few times, as if she was for money. At first I thought she was a bum, so I just shook my head and turned around. I asked one of my cousins if he saw her, then he just looked at me weird. Then I turned my head back into the woman's direction, she was no where in site. Mind you, from the moment I turned away from the woman to talk to my cousin and turned back, it was about 9 seconds, if not less. Once the car got going, I just kept looking all over the block, she was no where.

Well, that's all. Sucks that I couldn't finish the post before Halloween was over (started typing at like 11:57), but whatever, there is always next year for Arnel to dig this back up.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote