::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2004, 11:06 PM   #1
Topanga

My friend's a complete wuss

Me & my friend...we'll call him "Jacob" were at the park today messing around & I was walking in front of him & I needed to spit. So I spit there on the grass thinking nothing of it. It's like second nature ya know. He's all like, "Dude, come on, I'm walking here! That's disgusting!" I'm like, " grow up homo." He's like, "I'm not a homo & what you just did is disgusting. Try swallowing next time." WTF?! If you swallow your just swallowing the germs from your spit. That's how you get colds.

Anyone else have any pansy friends?
Old 03-03-2004, 11:15 PM   #2
Grip72

i hate people like that..i mean if u make alot of hacking and coughign noises prior to ur spit..its gross...but yeah

i hate it when girls spit/burp
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:18 PM   #3
Topanga

That's what gets to me....I of course make a huge hacking noise before I spit. I do that soo I get all the juices out. My friend had plenty of time to move out of the way.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:18 PM   #4
blind34_1

Quote:
WTF?! If you swallow your just swallowing the germs from your spit. That's how you get colds.

boy, from now on I think I'll just spit and drool everywhere. I dont want to swallow any germs.

Just out of curiousity, do you believe that cold weather gives you colds?
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:22 PM   #5
Topanga

Of course cold weather is a factor but most germs are contained in the human body's saliva. Also when you have cold, such as I have right now, spitting out the even more germfull cold-induced spit helps rid your body of the cold.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:29 PM   #6
vtracer20

wtf...next time spit on HIM
Old 03-03-2004, 11:31 PM   #7
IALuder

lol ^nice.

i never knew that spit cuased me to get a cold. hmm, doesnt matter i always hack that crap and spit it were i please.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:36 PM   #8
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Spitting is pretty gross..if you need to do it in public either swallow like your friend suggested or do it into a napkin/tissue.

You will NOT get sick from swalling a tiny bit of phlegm. Your body is designed to take it and thats what the ciliary hairs are for. They collect dirt/microorganisms while the glands secrete the mucus to bind them...this is called phlegm. The hairs then move it down the esophagus to the stomach were the acids kill anything living within seconds...free protein. You think you spit in your sleep? No...you "eat" all your phlegm during that time. (even spiders that crawl into your mouth...people actually eat a lot of spiders that way)

Spitting is a disgusting habbit that should only be done by redneck hicks who chew tobacco, and even they use pots, bottles, or garbage cans in public places.

edit**You know, the only way to get sick from phlegm is to get it on an open cut (either in your nose, mouth or if you fall on some in a park tripping and skinning your knee...) 99% of all colds are caused by viral infections and there isnt anyhting you can do about that anyway.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:41 PM   #9
Topanga

All my friend's aside from him spit where they please. I'm not carrying around a tissue to spit in. IMO that even gross. Carryout a germ-filled tissue. That's nasty. That stuff is going to start seeping through your pants & make it look like you peed on yourself.

I should have known he would be like that someday. He listen's to Fefe Dobson for cryin' out loud!!!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:43 PM   #10
pdiggitydogg

thats called a hanky, most people dont use those anymore
a tissue is thrown away after its use...

This comes down to basic manners and respect for other people...nothing more than that.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:46 PM   #11
Topanga

You mean a kleenex? That'd be too much to carry around.

I refuse to be homo like my friend. Nothing wrong with spitting. Most guys do. Oh & you can get sick from swallowing. Saliva can contain viral infections.

It's not like I spit right on him.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:46 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Your friend is a pussy...plain and simple. Spit/burp/fart wherever you want and fuck anyone who's offended.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:47 PM   #13
Topanga

He is. I still can't believe I found a Fefe Dobson cd in his car. How gay is that?
Old 03-03-2004, 11:49 PM   #14
IALuder

why are we arguing over such a retard subject. its a matter of opinion.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:52 PM   #15
Topanga

I suppose. Were not really arguing, I thought we were just discussing the matter.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:58 PM   #16
pdiggitydogg

thats not the point

Ok, lets take it saliva. MOST viruses cannot even survive in saliva, let alone the stomach. Saliva is fairly acidic and contains enzymes that break down lots of things (it is the 1st stage of digestion). Trust me, Im pre-med and I know exaclty what Im talking about. Unless you swallow gallons of phlegm and saliva you will not get sick from it. You cant even contract HIV through saliva.

Kleenex is actually a brand, but alright, yes kleenex. They even make a neat little product designed for carrying around in a small package. If you carry a wallet you can carry a pack of these.

So not spitting makes you a homo/pussy? Are you calling me a homo because I refuse to spit in public and respect other people then? Thats pretty immature.
If "most guys spit", I surely dont see it. In fact, I know if I asked any of the guys I know about it they would agree that its disgusting.
Do you blow your nose and then just throw it on the ground? Its just thin paper, it will biodegrade in about a day, weather depending...so whats the deal with that? Same thing, except it would be more sanitary than your spit on the ground open to everyone.
In fact, it would be even more hazardous to people around you. When you spit, you spray thousands of particles of water vapor into the air along with the "big glob" for lack of a better word at the moment. If you are sick and that phlegm contains bacteria/viruses you are putting people around you at risk for infection. If a person in that area had AIDs they run a large risk of dying from that infection that you would have given them.
(Granted, that is pretty extreme of an example)
Old 03-04-2004, 12:08 AM   #17
Topanga

I wasn't saying that if you don't spit that your gay it's just the way my friend acted about. He was all like " That's disgusting" & wrinkled up his nose like a little bitch. He's fruity. I mean for crying out loud, he listens to Fefe Dobson!!! How much gayer can you get?
Old 03-04-2004, 12:16 AM   #18
pdiggitydogg

You keep saying that You can get a lot "gayer" than that, buy shoving your dick in another guys asshole. Its just music, it doesnt make you gay.

It is disgusting... Though I wouldnt have wrinkled my nose, I would have said something, for sure, and I would have made you feel like an ass for doing it.

Nevermind...as its been said, its pointless and comes down to opinion (in this case opinion on manners and respect)
Old 03-04-2004, 01:29 AM   #19
Topanga

Have you listened to Fefe Dobson's music? It's pretty gay for a guy to be listening to that stuff.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:01 AM   #20
MAXed Out
6th Gear

I don't know what his problem was!
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:04 AM   #21
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: My friend's a complete wuss

Quote:
Originally posted by Topanga
If you swallow your just swallowing the germs from your spit. That's how you get colds.

Bwahahaha...
Old 03-04-2004, 09:29 AM   #22
Topanga

Go ahead, swallow for a whole day. See if you don't start feeling sick by the time you go to bed.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:47 AM   #23
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I'm already sick, and I do spit out the phlegm. If getting sick is your only excuse, its not a good one. If you dont want to get sick you need a bubble or one hell of an immune system. I dont get sick often, but I do occasionally.. Its human nature.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:51 AM   #24
pdiggitydogg

You start feeling sick because, yes, if you already have a cold, you are swallowing a more than average amount of phlegm. It actually builds up in your throat at that point.
A sore throat is from all the swallowing of acidic fluids. A good lot of the cilia, that are on the posterior (rear) side of the anterior (front) of your throat, move the mucus down where it hits the epiglotis...thats why you cough. Sometimes too much mucus is secreted and it seeps past/over the epiglotis and ends up in your trachea (granted this is a very minute amount, but enough to make you cough a lot more and to make it feel like you have a chest cold.)
The next time you start to think that youre getting sick from swallowing all this, check the coloroation of the phlegm. I bet more than likely it's clear or white, which would indicate either sinus drainage (white) or a mild allergic reaction (clear) to something you encountered during the day, such as pollen.
Like Ive been saying, you CANNOT get sick from swallowing your own phlegm.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:59 AM   #25
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Erm.. Pdigs.. You going to school for medicine?
Old 03-04-2004, 12:20 PM   #26
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Erm.. Pdigs.. You going to school for medicine?

Quote:
Trust me, Im pre-med and I know exaclty what Im talking about

Go home moderator....and learn how to read!!! *kicks him out*
Old 03-04-2004, 12:27 PM   #27
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

You think I have time to read every single post, wise ass!

*Finger on the Ban button*

*jfwy*I thought Pre-med was what you do before you begin to meditate.

Honestly, I dont have time to read everything. I just keep tabs on the trouble makers. Besides, Ive always been a cliff notes student.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:31 PM   #28
pdiggitydogg

Yeah Ive stupidly decided to go balls out bio/premed major with my main emphasis on facial structure for plastic surgery :o
Its crazy difficult most of the time. Its easy to remember whats there...the hard part is remembering what things are called.
(A neat thing though is to find all that all of the sensory locations in the body are handled through 12 nerves and only really 2 parts of the brain)
Old 03-04-2004, 03:57 PM   #29
CD5Passion

fu&king panzy ass bitch, and you can quote that to him for me
tell him to suck it up, just dont do it infront of a relly hot chick
Old 03-04-2004, 04:09 PM   #30
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

theres a time and a place to spit, if you spit where i was walking i would say something, if you spit off to the side where i wasnt gonna be walking i wouldnt even think twice about it.

quick question of logic though(i read pdiggs reply and his was the medical reason heres mine)... you say you get sick from swallowing your own spit... but its already down inside of you... thats why you wanted to spit it out, so how can you get sick from swallowing something already in you? and even if it was just in your spit(which its not) your not gonna get 100% of it out in one spit

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:33 PM   #31
blind34_1

Quote:
Go ahead, swallow for a whole day. See if you don't start feeling sick by the time you go to bed.

uh, I do. I never get sick but maybe twice a year. Your whole argument about saliva causing sickness seems pretty empty.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:37 PM   #32
pdiggitydogg

(^because it is...)
Just wanted to reiterate the point that if youre making more than average mucus/phlegm/"snot" that is green/yellow youre already sick
Old 03-04-2004, 06:30 PM   #33
Civickid0to60

i hate drunk girls more then this world.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:54 PM   #34
pdiggitydogg

whozawhat now?
Old 03-04-2004, 09:04 PM   #35
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

i agree with GT from the first page, spit, fart, burp, u can even choke right next to me, i dont care, its a natural function. the queen of england does it. you cant help it, spitting is a normal thing, if you have a bad taste in your mouth or eat somthing you dont like.. our body allows us to do it why not do it?
B16DoHcCrx033003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:36 PM   #36
CD5Passion

It's polite to burp after a meal in Japan as a compliment to the chef, we should follow the custom
Old 03-05-2004, 12:00 AM   #37
juvenile

There's a time and place for everything...and it's called by yourself in the bathroom.

edit: I should clarify to say that sometime guys (and some girls) joke around by saying "oh man I just farted a big one" or burp as a competition. It's fine to joke from time to time, but when you're one big spitting, burping, farting machine...I mean, have some respect
Old 03-05-2004, 12:23 AM   #38
DsBlu01CivEX

All I have to say is.... I can't believe I actually just sat and read all of this. I hate walking around and seeing big splatter marks left behind from people spitting. I don't want that on the bottom of my shoes or anywhere else. I definitely do not swallow (unless I don't have a tissue) all that sh!t when I'm sick or my allergies are acting up....I just do what Pdiggs suggested and use a tissue. Much more sanitary that way.

The only time I ever spit on the ground was when I was up to bat in softball. Gotta be a lil intimidating while you're up there.....and apparently spitting while in the batters box really messes up girl pitchers

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:27 AM   #39
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:

Ahahaha I needed a good laugh.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 01:32 AM   #40
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Ahahaha I needed a good laugh.

This thread is a joke

And.....
Quote:
Have you listened to Fefe Dobson's music? It's pretty gay for a guy to be listening to that stuff.

Quote:
He is. I still can't believe I found a Fefe Dobson cd in his car. How gay is that?

Quote:

I refuse to be homo like my friend.

Quote:
I'm like, " grow up homo."

Quote:

I should have known he would be like that someday. He listen's to Fefe Dobson for cryin' out loud!!!

Quote:
He's fruity. I mean for crying out loud, he listens to Fefe Dobson!!! How much gayer can you get?

Hrm....Dude...30 some odd posts and you already have one locked thread and your pissing me off big time.
Seems to me like you might have a little problem with gays? Ever look in the mirror? Seems to be your covering up for something? Go ahead..open the door...and walk out of the closet..hahaha

Fuck with friends like you..who needs enemies!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote