Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2003, 09:02 PM   #1
ShagginJet

Today's lucky winner is ME!!

Guess what I won today.... (answer at bottom):

So after work I go to the post office real quick, mail something and then head home. On the way home I hit a red light right before a long straight away. Wait for the light, and for no reason what so ever decide I'm gonna floor my bike and get some speed when it turns green. So i'm waiting, waiting, waiting..... Light turns, take 1st upto 9k, hit 2nd thru 5th and take them upto about 11k, hit 6th, let off, look down at the speedo. 125mph.... Look up, nother light turning red, start to slow down, come to a stop. Hear this ringing in my ears, it goes away but now I hear a siren. Start scoping around, looking ahead, nothing. Look in the mirrors and what do i see....

So i look down the road straight ahead, open road, to the left, open road, to the right, open road. For a split second my head tells me i can gun it and there is no way that pig would have a chance. Pull forward, start to go, and decide to pull over on the road to the left of me.

Stop the bike and wait for the cop to come around the corner. Watching in mirrors. Cop comes around the corner expecting a bike chase, and here I am waiting for him. Taking my punishment like a man.

Cop pulls up, i take of the helmet, turn off the bike. He stumbles up and pauses, I'm like ohh shit, wtf, he's out of words. He ask me, "so where is the fire?" I try hard to keep from laughing. I say, "I'm sorry officer just trying to get back to work, they only give me 30 mins". He says, "is this your bike?" Once again I hold back and say "yes". He says, "license". I hand it to him. I tell him, "I don't have my registration & insurance on me and I know it's a big problem". He ask, Where is it?" I said, "in my riding pants, didn't expect to be on my bike today." (Truth : I was in shorts and my jacket, i don't have riding pants yet. On top of that the insurance has lapped.) He looks over at his partner, scary looking f*cker. He ask, "do you know how fast you were going?" I think, f*ck... at what point, I mean I was doing 30 at one point. I say "60-65". He says, "68mph". I'm like wow, thank god he didn't say 120.... I say, "wow, I'm sorry I had no idea I was going that fast". He ask, "you know what the speed likit is around here?" Knowing the speed limit (40mph), I say "50-55". He's says, "no it's 45." (lol, he doesn't know the speed limit) I say, "omg, I'm so sorry. I had no clue." He says, "yes, you need to SLOW DOWN." I say, "I know now, I'm very sorry." He says, "well I'm getting off now, so consider yourself lucky, DRIVE SLOWER" and hands me my license. I'm shocked and shaking a bit. Put the license away, put on my helmet and head home A LOT slower.

So what did I win? If he had caught me at 125mph, arrested on the spot. If I had run and got caught, prison time for sure. Ran and got hit going through traffic, dead. Found out I had no insurance and saw my prior record when I was in jail, license suspended for 3-5 years, maybe 30-120 days in jail. Bike impounded for sure. So if you look at all that could have happened, I'm one lucky mother f*cker and got to keep my life as is for now. What did I learn, to SLOW THE F*CK DOWN!!

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:15 PM   #2
SeoulJaGirl

did'ja see your life flash before your eyes? i've been pulled over twice for speeding, got one ticket... i hate that feeling
Old 07-16-2003, 09:18 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

good...you learned something special today
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:45 PM   #4
nonovurbizniz

NICE!

I have the best luck like that... Don't get me wrong I've gotten quite a few tickets but I've skated by on WAY more...

I've been thinking about putting a post up about it... some of it is just plain rediculous...

not to jack but one example is when I got caught driving drunk (yeah I know I was a dumb dude for a while) with a joint in my mouth doing a burnout up a one way street.....

THAT WAS THE OUTLET FOR THE CAMBRIDGE POLICE DEPARTMENT (BOSTON).

Got off w/o so much as a ticket.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:27 AM   #5
mylittlecivic

close one there speedy

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:39 AM   #6
Grip72

wow, you are one lucky SOB!! It's the worst feeling when you get caught. I am always so nervous and shaky.haha
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 10:23 AM   #7
ShagginJet

^Yeah, I was even shaking still when I wrote this.

Old 07-17-2003, 10:43 AM   #8
Wren57

dang man, very nice job getting off of that... I myself have been pulled over 7 times... two tickets (1 for rolling stop), one warning, nothing on my record
Old 07-17-2003, 11:44 AM   #9
Zybach

Lol 125, you're luck you didn't hit a pothole.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:09 PM   #10
ShagginJet

Usually at 125 you fly over potholes so quick that it's not a problem, but at 125 if i spilt I would have been fuxored... that's the joy of riding a bike.

Old 07-17-2003, 10:48 PM   #11
SeoulJaGirl

crazies...
Old 07-18-2003, 04:05 PM   #12
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Damn you are lucky he let you off. Go out and buy a lotto ticket, its your lucky day

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 12:17 AM   #13
ShagginJet

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Damn you are lucky he let you off. Go out and buy a lotto ticket, its your lucky day

^^ Wow. Crazy. Third time someon had told that to me in like a month. Never heard that before in my life before all this weird sh*t started happening. I'll buy one tomorrow.

**For whoever is in a low streak right now, I'm sorry 4 u. I'm stealing your high. But I've spent enough time down there, work my ass off and now it's my time to be up.....

Old 07-21-2003, 06:58 AM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

You got lucky this time speedy! Roll off the throttle a bit and be careful out there.. Cagers are crazy!