Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2004, 09:07 PM   #1
thermal
Banning Machine

My long ass day..... Y8 blew up.

Well, today was a long ass day. It snowed a couple of days ago, so the road is shitty since snow turns into ice if the temperature stays around 30 degrees.

1st:
Got a call from the bank to find out that the pre-approved loan (check) from my insurance company will not clear after another 5 days.

2nd:
My windshield wiper went to shit. I replaced that........ on a 20 degree weather.

3rd:
The winshield washer reservoir froze the fuk up into ice. So I poured some hot water with a mixture of anti-freeze and windex........ on a 20 degree weather.

4th:
After ensuring that the windshield reservoir is competely in liquid form, I attempted to test it. No spray action! I couldnt hear the reservoir pump at all. I looked underneath the car only to find out that the whole area surrouding the reservoir is frozen solid with ice. But since I poured hot water in the reservoir, the block of ice that was formed around it fell off and pulled the wire that powers the reservoir pump. The wires separated from the clip. Got that shit reconnected while sitting down on a cold ass ground covered in ice.......on a 20 degree weather.

5th:
So I went off to run some errands, particularly to pick up my sleeved ITR block. On my way there, as I speed up to enter the hwy, my Y8 motor started sounding like a 3 banger- 2 stroke and boost would not build up. I turned off the Profec-B to lower boost level to 5.5 psi. I thought that maybe one of the rubber couplers came off as I go through piles of ice. I also thought maybe one of the spark plug wires came off from the distributor cap again... it did it before. I thought..no biggie. I went on and drive to my destination to pick my block. When I got there, I immediatley popped the hood only to find out that my engine bay is covered in oil.

6th:
I go inside the shop to get my block. My buddy is still trying to convince me to get the pistons that I didnt want (which was hone to match my motor). I was already irratated cuz of my civics' situation. Come to find out, the block is not sleeved in Darton, it was sleeved with AEBS. I was like fukkkkk! There is really no difference but my buddy failed to tell me that which really pisses me more than anything. So I leave out of anger. I wanted to get my car towed but no one takes a credit card. I started the car and picked up a couple quarts of oil. The car ran but very "faggish".

7th:
I got home and called a couple of friends for some help. A good buddy showed up and offered me to use his extra car (a white 97 ITR) until I get my civic fixed. I had to reinstall the suspension on my Teg so I can push it out of the garage to work on the civic. Got that done. But the front of my garage is covered in ice and snow. A 30 minute labor with a plastic dust pan and a hammer got the ice blocks out of the way.

8th:
Found out that my Y8 timing belt was loose the whole time and an exhaust leak on my down pipe.

9th:
Compression test revealed cylinder #4 has zero compression while the rest averages 160.

10th:
The integra is outside the garage where it will have to stay. My integra windows are down. I cant turn the car cuz the motor is not in and fuel lines are disconnected. I was already pissed and cold, so I disconnected the fuel pump clip and energized the car without the motor using a portable jumper to raise the windows up......... Done

11th:
So my buddy gave me a ride to his house and I drove the 97 ITR with me. Then I realize that I will need a military base pass to get to work tomorrow. I hauled ass to get a temporary pass. Of course, the fockers tried giving me a hard time just to get a temporay pass.

12th:
I got home safe only to realize that my day is not over yet. My Teg has expired tags. Vehicles with expired tags will be towed away from my apartment complex. It took me half an hour to look for the new ones.

13th:
I realized that the 97 ITR has temporary tags and the temporary pass that I have to get inside the navy base doesnt match the tags. So I had to put the actual tags. It's dark and cold as fuk outside. As I put the permanent tags on, The nut that holds the front tag fell inside the back of the bumper. There was no way in hell that I would retrieve that focker by taking the bumper off outside in a cold ass weather. I said fuk it. I tightened up just one bolt.

14th:
The rear license plate was held on by a fucking self tapping screw. The temporary license plate was made of card board so it was easy for it to stay mounted. The permanent license plate will not match up on the predrilled wholes of the temporary one. I had to jerry rig something to keep the permanent one in place. The process took me about 45 minutes since I didnt want to mess up the ITR.

15th:
Phone rings and I have an inspection tomorrow which means I have to get a haircut. I said fuk it, I shaved my head myself. It also meant that I have to iron a clean set of uniform.

16th:
I called around for parts to get my Y8 fixed. No headgasket available except about 10 miles away and they were already closed.

My long ass day........... About the only good thing that happened to me was acquiring another complete D-series. The same friend who lend me his 97 ITR gave the motor to me. Yep, we are like that. We hook each other up all the time. I'm also greatful that my girl kept on calling me to calm me down.....

I guess it was time for that Y8 to go. She has been boosted for almost 6 years and never gave me problems except for a minor blown gasket 6 months ago. now she will be replaced by a DX motor. It will be a "mini me" so I can retain the Y8 VTEC stuff.

Sorry I just had to get this shit out....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 09:41 PM   #2
AzCivic

damn. sorry man, I hope everything works out for you.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:47 PM   #3
IALuder

i got to 13. then i stop reading. and dayum that sucks ass.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:13 PM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

I'll be ok. I have a motor ready to go in already. Got it for free. Between me and my close friends, we've done a few swaps already. Plus this one is just s straight up swap. It shouldnt take us longer than 6 hours to complete everything including the head swap. It's just so cold outside. The tiny heater in mygarage just doesnt cut it...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-28-2004, 11:25 PM   #5
MissJDM

Sorry to hear about your bad day, darlin'. Glad you got some of it worked out, as for your bank, they suck, you're not supposed to place holds on checks in which are drawn fron insurance companies. Throw a penny at them for me.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:59 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

that really sucks. well i need a new b18 too.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:37 AM   #7
IALuder

are you putting the turbo on the new motor?

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:20 AM   #8
soundspeed

Shitty day man. I though I had a bad day yesterday, but doesn't compare to yours. Glad to here you got a replacement motor and that you have friends that you are that tight with. Friends can make all the difference in the world. Good luck with everything.

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:27 AM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Sorry to hear about your motor..shit...that sucks...i would be just as pissed as you. As for the Darton sleeves...FUck shit like that makes me mad..think yoru getting one thing..but you get something else..ugh..
I have a completely D16z6 swap in my garage..that I'm trying to sell...Let me know if you need anything....

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 02:10 PM   #10
drdingo21

That sucks hard.

Maybe you should give this whole life thing up, eh?
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:26 PM   #11
MissJDM

Giving up is for bitches.

I have Darton sleeves in which are brand new that I still haven't gotten around to selling. At this point I rather buy a block presleeved to save me labor work costs, so, if you're not concerned about that, lemme know.

Old 12-29-2004, 05:39 PM   #12
thermal
Banning Machine

It's all good tho. AEBS is just as good, IMO.

SFking, yes I will put the turbo back on it, eventhough you did make me think. I could sell that GReddy kit and just go stock "mini-me" and put the money towards my Teg.....hmmmmm. I would have to rewire my injectors but that's no biggie. I can get me a cheap ass APC short ram intake and call it quits..... hmmmmmm... I might just do that. Fuk! I could even sell the civic and get me a "real" daily driver with no mods!....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-29-2004, 06:10 PM   #13
MissJDM

Look what you guys just did. Next thing you know, he's gonna sell all his goodies and buy a mini van..or an ep3. :dead:

Old 12-29-2004, 07:04 PM   #14
thermal
Banning Machine

bwa ha ha ha h a.... I dont think that's gonna happen. If I ever buy another ride, it will be an MDX or a BMW 330ci... but since I cant afford any of those, I will stick to my econocivic

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-29-2004, 07:17 PM   #15
MissJDM

My dad is actually looking at a new SUV for my brother and when they test drove the MDX, they said it wasn't a smooth ride, it was bumpy like the 4runner.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:52 PM   #16
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Look what you guys just did. Next thing you know, he's gonna sell all his goodies and buy a mini van..or an ep3. :dead:

i thought ep3's were 2 door minivans anyway

Old 12-30-2004, 09:44 AM   #17
thermal
Banning Machine

nah dude... they are Si's with i-VTEC....duh Stef!... jaykay....lol

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-30-2004, 11:30 AM   #18
Mischief

what's an ep3?!!?

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:06 PM   #19
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
nah dude... they are Si's with i-VTEC....duh Stef!... jaykay....lol

duh! i knew that but for me they are still 2 door minivans

Old 12-30-2004, 12:23 PM   #20
MissJDM

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
...jaykay....l

Old 12-30-2004, 02:31 PM   #21
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief
what's an ep3?!!?

newest generation civic si i believe

Arnel if you're gonna do anything either fix up the civic, or get a 99-00 si.

Having a NA civic just sucks

But i don't understand why you're going to take the head off the y8 and throw it on the dx's d16. I thought dx bottom ends weren't as strong as ex's? Also if you didn't throw a rod or hurt any pistons or anything, then why change the bottom end?

anyhow, good luck and i hope things turn around for ya.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:10 AM   #22
VR4_Craver
Banned

Yea, dont get a new si...they blow balls big time. telling you that from experience.....

fuck you ep3
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:30 AM   #23
JDMFantasy2k

why honda didn't throw the a2 in it is beyond me. Kinda defys the point of Si

well, i guess, unless you want to play headgames
Old 12-31-2004, 10:17 PM   #24
MissJDM

I wonder the same, but even so, why did they keep the hp rating the same? A little more torque in the ep3 yet weighs more..so the aftermath, it's not even better. Boo!