Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2003, 04:27 PM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

I've decided to do a study

I've been doing some thinking lately...just about how it seems that most import car forums have members that are more mature than most domestic car owners. I've never heard of a honda driver going around online and harassing domestics...but I know plenty of domestics who go around harassing the imports...we all know how it is...

So, I propse my study:

I am going to join a bunch of domestic car forums (Ford, GM, etc) and see if the members of those boards are as mature as we are (not booing and telling the domestic drivers to leave).

I won't bash their rides, I won't be rude, I won't be antagonistic. I will be my normal everyday self (most of you know my attitude). I will simply join the boards and be a recognized presence, posting here and there, making a point to have either a username or signature that reflects the fact that I drive a honda civic. If possible I will post the same picture in my sig on those boards that I use here to show I am not the fast and the furious.

Boards joined will be on the tuner side of the spectrum...same as here, h-t, h-a.net, etc

I hypothesize (ooo science term) that they, as domestic driver's in general, will not be mature; I will get harassed or banned either very quickly or within a few days of joining.

Now, no one go out and do this before I get a chance...I will start tonight after class.

Results of findings will be grouped and updated on this post...stay in touch if you care...

(If I have time...or feel like it...I plan to do the same for Euro cars as well (BMW, VW, whatever).)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 04:58 PM   #2
pimpinprelude

cool go for it...
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 05:02 PM   #3
Sol's Eye

I'll actually be interested to hear your results. I'm anxious to see how they stack up to my own experiences with domestic enthusiasts.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:21 PM   #4
autocrossthugg
2nd Gear

Great idea. Just 'a fly on the wall' type of thing. Good luck. Post us any progress.
Suspension Techniques Anti-Sway Bars (f&r)
SPC Camber Kits (f&r)
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Lower Bar
Borbet Type B rims w/Falken Azenis for autocross
Kosei K-1 rims w/Yokohama AVS-ES100 for street
3-point Sparco Harness
autocrossthugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 06:22 PM   #5
SeoulJaGirl

good luck
Old 07-03-2003, 07:21 PM   #6
Zybach

Wouldn't it depend on what age group the site actually targets? To set up an experiments like this you have to set up a control and a test. Why not get two accounts and on one claim that you have a domestic and one that you have an import. Say pretty much the same things with both of the accounts and see what the reactions are. Just a suggestion, and good luck.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:51 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg

I think its just better to just sign up and be myself...post in the OT sections mainly (because I dont know anything about domestics) and see where it goes...

--------------------------speaking of that...update #1
-www.mustangforums.com (because it seems that most of the hate comes from 'stang drivers)
-I have decided to be on the site as a representative of the JDM style of honda tuning
Ive decided to focus the first few days on this site alone...really get into it...however, after only 10 posts I already have someone who follow my posts around and then talk shit about whatever I say...its only been a short while so I bet it will get worse as time progresses.
-If you would all like to follow in my posts, my user name is CivicDriver (I use jdmhondaparts logo as my avitar )

EDIT**
wow...that was fast...new update already

I have to admit...I took offense to what someone said and I triggered some hate...after apologizing to that we have come to a truce...I assume this is going to be the case with many of the people there...hopefully it wont be an uphill battle the whole way...

However, I have already met 1 whole person who agreed with my thoughts...1 mature person found lol
Old 07-03-2003, 10:56 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh mature people on HAN ? where at ? i haven''t seen any there

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 11:12 PM   #9
G-M-W
2nd Gear

i had a mustang
G-M-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 01:10 AM   #10
Wabster

You'd probably have to get another username and pretend to own a domestic and join ricer forums...
Old 07-04-2003, 10:22 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, we all know hoow that works: kool guy he stays, bad guy he gets kicked. btw we have a few domestic owners here and they are pretty cool

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 10:28 AM   #12
pdiggitydogg

^although Ive had to do my share of "shape up or ship out"s to some of the domestics...they learned their lessons
Old 07-04-2003, 12:04 PM   #13
sohc_vtec 2NR

we want more updates! this is fun...
Old 07-04-2003, 12:09 PM   #14
DsBlu01CivEX

Pat is such a life long learner!!! damn over-achievers hehehehehe just kidding pat...hope it goes well!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 03:24 PM   #15
guywithastang

stay away from vet forums, they hate everyone . But so do supra guys

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 12:53 AM   #16
mylittlecivic

Quote:
Originally posted by sohc_vtec 2NR
we want more updates! this is fun...

good idea

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 07:40 AM   #17
pdiggitydogg

not much new to report...guys the 'stang people dont post on holidays...
however, after posting pics of my ride, I did have 1 person say "not bad...I've seen worse...but its still rice" (or something to that extent) which was no surprse... He commented on my colored emblem and my "fart can" So I explained that the exhaust was that style because of the boost that is in the future...then on the emblems I showed him this and this
No response since then...I think I caught them being hypocrytical.

More updates will follow when these lazy turds start posting...
Old 07-05-2003, 08:21 AM   #18
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Lol... You do have to much time on your hands.

Your gonna have a hard time getting the same results from the Import group when you dont drive a domestic. But then again, we've seen a lot of that over here. I personally think they are all just as bad as eachother to some aspect.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:09 PM   #19
SLP 01 WS6

ls1.com is a very good forum. that's the other forum i go to all the time. everyone there is very friendly. we have lots of import members as well as ford and dodge drivers as well. not all of us domestic people are bed. the ones that are deserve to have their shit smoked and owned.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:52 AM   #20
pdiggitydogg

^Oh I know that not all domestic drivers are assholes...many of em are good conciderate people. But then again there are the ones who have a stick up their ass...

new update:
On the topic of my pics, someone commented on the fact that I have rice vtec stickers...which is true...but Ive grown accustomed to em and theyre the cars joke. But then he said that the car is trying to be something its not...meaning no vtec. I informed him of the mistake.

Another person noted the pics I posted for colored emblems and said it was a point well taken...

Unfortunately, most of these people cannot understand the idea of what is rice and what is not...sad...
Old 07-06-2003, 02:57 PM   #21
pdiggitydogg

Another update...

Bashing continues on my ride, and now I am a person who steals jobs from americans by buying japanes cars (even though the cars are built here by americans). I am also screwing the country over and abusing my rights of freedom because I am buying something un-american...

Appearantly, I am also "officially a f*ggot"

Oh, almost forgot...Civics now run with only 60hp and this one person noted that his "farts that are more powerful"... I think he needs to change his diet...
Old 07-06-2003, 07:16 PM   #22
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
Another update...

Bashing continues on my ride, and now I am a person who steals jobs from americans by buying japanes cars (even though the cars are built here by americans). I am also screwing the country over and abusing my rights of freedom because I am buying something un-american...

U tell those rednecks that just cause you have bought something from another country doesnt mean anything.

Tell those morons to check the tags on their sneakers and tell you where they are made. Then we will see just how Un-American we American's are.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:23 PM   #23
pdiggitydogg

^oh dude I said exactly that same thing...only i added tvs, video games, clothing, appliences, and then the shoes.

now these people say I have no idea what im talking about with boost and exhaust gases...
Old 07-06-2003, 07:28 PM   #24
SeoulJaGirl

Quote:
...now I am a person who steals jobs from americans by buying japanes cars (even though the cars are built here by americans).

...imho if domestic cars were any good i'm sure we wouldn't be buying japanese cars to begin with... are you stealing their jobs b/c the the japanese car doesn't break down every 3 months? is it like paying farmers not to grow anything?
Old 07-07-2003, 09:58 AM   #25
DsBlu01CivEX

geez some people are complete morons....it says right on the sticker from when I bought my car that 97% of my car was built in the States....just cuz it has a Japanese name DOES NOT mean that it has to be built in Japan....they're all just in denial. They'll learn. (we hope)

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 11:47 AM   #26
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Hehehehe, this is gettin' good. "Ignorance is bliss"
Old 07-07-2003, 02:03 PM   #27
nonovurbizniz

did you point out that ALL of their precious american cars

A. are MADE IN MEXICO
B. SUCK
C. Are engineered by TOTAL RETARDS...

There really isn't much of an arguement on their side...

Honda AMERICA is a seperate company from honda japan... yes of couse honda japan sees profits from stateside sales but not as much as the mexican economy recieves a boost from so called american cars being built there...

NO american manufacturer has come out with anything even MILDLY competitive with japanesse cars since they started importing them...

I hate to say it but either the american companies PURPOSELY hire crappy (and i mean CRAPPY) engineers or american engineers ALL suck (which would suck for me as I'm on the way).

If you've ever worked on cars or even at a place that does... there is literally a 80-20 american-foriegn breakdown rate... american cars just plain suck.. there are some good american cars that you can MUCH more power out of than a honda but they drive like crap and breakdown WAY more often...

Now.... having said that.

A. I think most of the anti-ricer comments are jokes...
B. I hate to say it pdig... but your car is kinda ricey... it's certainly not the domestic ambasador car it would take to get ANY kind of positive comments from domestic guys.
C. Domestic guys LIKE domestics... they like just about everything about them (mostly styling) and to them imports look weak.. no matter what kind of power they're pushing...
D. On the OFF OFF chance that someone in an import beats your domestic (v8) ALL you have to do is give'r some boost and it won't be a problem anymore...

My buddy has a 70 impala 400... and it's worked too.. It handles like shit but NONE of my friends or I can TOUCH IT.... it's just too fast... and it weight over 3500 lbs... imagine what cf body panels would do to that things weight/times (we may soon know). Plus EVEN if me or one of my buddies get enough hp to keep up with him... it's not ANYWHERE near it's peak and our's would be. ALL he'd have to do is buy a 100 dollar cam or a 500-1000 dollar blower and we'd be in his dust again... they just have MORE power... period.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:47 PM   #28
pdiggitydogg

ricey?? the hell?
Old 07-07-2003, 03:52 PM   #29
V8killimports

Quote:
ricey?? the hell?

LOL try this site.. you must be using a bad example..

www.chevytalk.com
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 03:58 PM   #30
pdiggitydogg

nah...they saw this page

seriously though...whats rice??? "Im freakin out man"

oh and thanks for the link...I'll head there after Im done with the 'stangs
Old 07-07-2003, 09:25 PM   #31
pdiggitydogg

new update:

I am unamerican and I should leave because I dont love it. Also, I should move to japan...because "only there, are the import cars good"
Now, I know that he meant that only there are the japanese cars good...but that means that mustangs there that are imported suck.
However, as its writen it would be a come-back to my responses...but I really dont think he thought that far ahead in his statement
Old 07-07-2003, 09:41 PM   #32
SeoulJaGirl

^ silly domestics... uhm... i'm not seeing the ricey-ness...
...if you're car is ricey, then my car is super ricey
Old 07-07-2003, 09:45 PM   #33
pdiggitydogg

oh another update...since they told me to leave because I drive an import...Ive decided that these people are communists...and i have voiced this opinion on the board (sorry I got tired of taking shit w/o dealing any)
Old 07-07-2003, 10:06 PM   #34
nonovurbizniz

just the vtec sticker and the exhaust... and the foglights imo... it's not really ricey... but they say rice about stock cars much less modded ones...

rice is pretty universal when coming out of the mouth of domestic dudes....

and really I think most are just being pricks cuz it's funny... most don't really have any ill-will towards imports or drivers there of...

And I'm also pretty sure he ment that in japan imports are good because they're imported american cars... not that the jap-spec "imports" are better.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:21 AM   #35
pdiggitydogg

foglights are gone dude
vtec stickers...yeah...but its kinda funny
exhaust...boo you
Old 07-08-2003, 12:31 PM   #36
nonovurbizniz

I like your sideview mirrors.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:02 PM   #37
pdiggitydogg

Ok...guess what?! Final update for my current site:

I have been contacted my site administration and several mods...all saying that though I did not instigate any of the found problems, they all have asked me that I simply "disappear"...not banned. This will prevent any more problems that "have occured since my signup"

I requested to respond once more to my most popular thread (where there is the most import bashing) and be able to create one more thread in OT to thank everyone there for unknowingly participating in my study.

They agreed and said they would not inform anyone before I did so. They also appologized for what happed on the board and many members will be "repremanded"...I guess they have a point percentage system similar to honda-tech.

When I get around to it...I will post results from a gm site, maybe ls chassis or perhaps that one that v8 suggested...
Old 07-08-2003, 09:40 PM   #38
wheresmylicense

that's bs, dude... i would have expected the bashing, but being made to "dissappear"??

Pictures of My Baby
wheresmylicense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:29 PM   #39
cashizslick

People hate what they dont understand. That is the real deal here.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:19 PM   #40
pdiggitydogg

I have posted up the thank you thread...no responses yet (i beleive it will just get closed).

Also, the admin put up new forum rules "Import bashing is NOT needed...be mature" to this guy fo sho'

And finally, one member PM'd me for help on mods...although I didnt have a clue about how to connect a custom fab intake to his maf...I helped with what else I could. He was glad.

I am starting the chevy site next week...stay tuned ....."tuned" get it? Cars? Tuned?

ok so it wasnt funny...I apologize...