::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2002, 05:48 PM   #1
juvenile

Faceplat

I think I may have lost my faceplat to my deck.
Just yesterday evening it was still there demasked as I was taking my car to the garage. Today in the morning I came down and thought that it was in the car but the faceplat was taken off (no, it's not a break in! Or else they would have taken the cd player etc.) and the case with it wasn't anywhere in the carr. It means that I took it out as I left the car to go home for the nite. When I came back from school, I looked aroudn the whole house, can't find it at all.
I tried recalling where Icould have put it but I don't remember bringing it up.
There is a 50/50 chance that somehow somewhere it got lost because my memory is a blank on this one!

If I can't find it, can I like show a proof of purchase and just buy the faceplat from kenwood. This is a damn expensive (well for me it is) deck, and purchasing another one will hit my money good since I don't work during school.

Help...
Old 10-17-2002, 07:33 PM   #2
mt.biker

interesting how this face plate that was designed to stop theft (lose of system) is the cause of the problems. Leaves me to wonder why anyone bothers to take the dam thing out in the first place.

Somethign like this was the first thing that crossed my mind when i heard you could take it off.

This if of no use to you now, but maybe its better next time if you just leave the deck as-is though this is a sad time. Maybe there is learning to be had from it.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:42 PM   #3
tightteg52

Hmmm that sucks but it maybe a sign that its time for a new and better face plate.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:50 PM   #4
Grip72

I'm sorry but i'm laughing my ass off, not at your misfortune. but at the fact that this sort of stuff happens ALL the time to me...just the other day i was searchign around my room for my stereo remote so i could turn it up while playing xbox and i looked for probably about 5 mins before i realized it was in my hand (maybe i shouldn't have told you guys this..i'm not dumb..really i'm..not) anyways, just thought'd i put in my useless msg..good luck.i'm sure it will turnup..haha..turnip ..what a crazy world
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 08:09 PM   #5
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
interesting how this face plate that was designed to stop theft (lose of system) is the cause of the problems. Leaves me to wonder why anyone bothers to take the dam thing out in the first place.

Somethign like this was the first thing that crossed my mind when i heard you could take it off.

This if of no use to you now, but maybe its better next time if you just leave the deck as-is though this is a sad time. Maybe there is learning to be had from it.
Well then people would steal decks.
Mine isn't the most expensive one. What if I was to have one that played DVDs and such that costs 700 bucks or more.
It's just that I blanked out yesterday
Old 10-17-2002, 08:14 PM   #6
Grip72

Too much drugs young fella....or not enough
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:33 PM   #7
juvenile

Don't do drugs at all.
Don't worry nothing that's a substance, just some things I was dealing with emotionally. And that I ain't about to share.
But anyways, besides the point.
I found a place online that sells the faceplates. 120US for one
Frig that's half the player's cost (Maybe DVD player is in order?)
Old 10-17-2002, 10:36 PM   #8
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
Don't do drugs at all.
Don't worry nothing that's a substance, just some things I was dealing with emotionally. And that I ain't about to share.
But anyways, besides the point.
I found a place online that sells the faceplates. 120US for one
Frig that's half the player's cost (Maybe DVD player is in order?)

maybe you should put the old radio back in for a bit and save some money. At the rate your going to be spending it you wont have any for x-mas and there will be no road trip or Hawaii.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:40 PM   #9
tightteg52

Hmmm its late so maybe i read this wrong but i saw road trip and hawaii in the same sentence how are you gonna take a road trip to hawaii?? hehe that was to easy sorry you canadians are on a roll tonight!

Quote:
maybe you should put the old radio back in for a bit and save some money. At the rate your going to be spending it you wont have any for x-mas and there will be no road trip or Hawaii.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:47 PM   #10
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by tightteg52
Hmmm its late so maybe i read this wrong but i saw road trip and hawaii in the same sentence how are you gonna take a road trip to hawaii?? hehe that was to easy sorry you canadians are on a roll tonight!

its because you can't read, go back to school Americano!
there is a big OR between the two. See i have place line up for the month of July in Hawaii and I invited some friends, Dimitry being one of them. He was thinking of a road trip somewhere in the USA this x-mas. Henc there are two options and he might be able to do both if he has the money.

next time dont assume your correct, maybe they you wont be so arrogant. Bloody yankee!
Old 10-17-2002, 10:50 PM   #11
juvenile

What the hell is up with the recent trend to bash Canada.
This thread is about me losing a faceplat and my lack of money. NOT mine or my friend's nationality. That has NOTHING to do with it.
One more word about me being Canadian in this thread and it's locked.
I thought moderators where supposed to set the rules?
Old 10-17-2002, 10:53 PM   #12
tightteg52

testy testy A: all i mod anymore is the south east forum and B: at least biker saw i was just being humourous. Nothin wrong with canadians just you biker and accord man are the only ones really on right now and you three share that bond. I think canadians rule my best teacher was canadian sorry if i ruffled your feathers

Quote:
What the hell is up with the recent trend to bash Canada.
This thread is about me losing a faceplat and my lack of money. NOT mine or my friend's nationality. That has NOTHING to do with it.
One more word about me being Canadian in this thread and it's locked.
I thought moderators where supposed to set the rules?
Old 10-17-2002, 10:54 PM   #13
tightteg52

hehe ok im a lil tired and druged up (pulled muscle in back on pills) road trips own! hawaii is cool i've heard but road trips frickin own!

Quote:
its because you can't read, go back to school Americano!
there is a big OR between the two. See i have place line up for the month of July in Hawaii and I invited some friends, Dimitry being one of them. He was thinking of a road trip somewhere in the USA this x-mas. Henc there are two options and he might be able to do both if he has the money.

next time dont assume your correct, maybe they you wont be so arrogant. Bloody yankee!
Old 10-17-2002, 10:56 PM   #14
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by tightteg52
hehe ok im a lil tired and druged up (pulled muscle in back on pills) road trips own! hawaii is cool i've heard but road trips frickin own!

I've been to Hawaii and loved it so much i have to go back after highschool. I know road trips rock, but i personally wouldn't want to do one for more then 4-5 days, that much driving gets boring fast.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:01 PM   #15
tightteg52

Road trips and boring vary from person to person. If you got a friend you can stand with you that you trust driving your car then they can be lots of fun but chillen on a beach in hawaii aint half bad either!

Quote:
I've been to Hawaii and loved it so much i have to go back after highschool. I know road trips rock, but i personally wouldn't want to do one for more then 4-5 days, that much driving gets boring fast.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:25 PM   #16
juvenile

Dude, it's not only you. It's the recent trend of people to bash Canada and try to educate us. That's why I got ticketed off.
Dont' worry about it.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:27 PM   #17
tightteg52

Come again ticketed off! i know what ya ment sorry if i pushed a wrong button though I haven't been here so i wasn't really aware of the prolem.

Quote:
Dude, it's not only you. It's the recent trend of people to bash Canada and try to educate us. That's why I got ticketed off.
Dont' worry about it.