::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2001, 05:06 AM   #1
xbird

Next mods? Cheap?

my friend got a good deal off a closing warehouse.... but i am short on money, but i wanna get somehing with this cheap deal that i can let my credit card handles it ! hehe..
anyways, my car is a 93 d16z6 with a 150K KMs on it good condition i think
i have greddy turbo kit, BOV, turbo timer, a/f ratio gauge, boost gauge, shocks, springs, short shifter, it's all coming in 2 days...
what else should i get?? this guy does not carry intercoolers for civic..
there is a ACT clutch stage 3, i thik i am getting it..
what else should i get??
i wanna boost up to around 6 or 7 psi... do i need to upgrade my fuel system? my ignition? fuel pump??
can u guys specify what brand and model and so on plz?
thanks alot !
Old 12-02-2001, 08:21 AM   #2
Boosted3g

I would find a way to get an intercooler. Maybe he might have one for an Interga and you can just modify your bumper. All the Hondas have a similar front bumper assembly that is perfect for bolting intercoolers to. Other than that I wouldnt replace the clutch till it goes bad.
Old 12-02-2001, 08:31 AM   #3
xbird

integra?? ok... what year?? and it's greddy??
coz i was thinking to get the OEM foglights too, which will fit in my bumper, my car is a 93.... will that mod to my bumper not work with the fogilghts then?? i hope u understand what i say........

about the clutch, i thought so too, but coz't is freaking cheap, for a ACT stage 3, it's only 153 !!!!!! that's why i am so attracted by it !! hehehe....

ok let's say i am not getting the clutch, what should i get??
let me know

thanks boosted3g
Old 12-02-2001, 09:44 AM   #4
Boosted3g

153 bucks for everything!!! Mine was over 400. I would check into a type 31 or even a 24. The 24 is the bugger of the two if im not mistaken. I think the retail is around 800 for the type 31 and the type 24 is a little over a grand. I would think that your fog lights will still work being that the intercooler will reside in the bumper while the lights will be closer to the front but I cant guarantee anything. If everything is such a discount I would seriously consider getting the turbocharger from the GSR or 99-00 SI kit and bolting it in. Team that with an intercooler and a Profec and you can crank out a good bit more power the what you got now.
Old 12-02-2001, 11:22 AM   #5
xbird

i don't think he has that much stuff.. but my greddy turbo for 92-95 vtec is coming :P
yes your are right the type 24 is way bigger, that's theone AJN has...
12050002 Civic EX/SI SOHC 1992-95 (2) Type 31V FM / GTK $939.00
12050001 Civic EX/SI SOHC 1992-95 (2) Type 24V FM / GTK $1,069.00

that's the price, my friend can actualyl get me the 31 for around 500 bucks, this deal is nto the warehouse close down deal...
anyways, any other idea??
should i get some FMU? coz i want to boost up to 7 or 8 psi....
fuel upgrade??
help pzl
Old 12-02-2001, 04:21 PM   #6
Boosted3g

i would see how much boost the Greddy box is good for. I think there is a limit on how high it will operate. The stock fuel system is fine as long as your keeping your pressures down by utilizing the box. A stock honda pump can supply enough fuel for over 350 hp if you keep the pressures down. I would get an intercooler if it was my decision. Either one will work fine.
Old 12-02-2001, 06:19 PM   #7
xbird

so that means i should get some tunning machine?? like a VAFC??
i don't thik this guy has VAFC, only has someting else
well.. any suggestions plz??
Old 12-02-2001, 07:09 PM   #8
xbird

ok let me try to make this more clear, boosted3g, you are probably the one who is reading this :P
my car is 93 with 150K KM on it, that's why i am worried about the reliablity of running turbo.. i am thinking of boosting to 7 or 8 psi....i am worried about everything that a turbo can harm my car with 8 psi...
so..... what should i get??
i know intercooler is a must, clutch will be a choice, coz when i run 8 psi, the clutch will be gone fast... so if this is a good deal, i will get it now and use it later

i really want to run 8 psi SAFELY! THIS IS MY GOAL! SAFELY !
do i need some fuel upgrade??
ignition upgrade?? remember i am just running 8 psi !
i have ppl recommending me getting a hondata, but it's too expensive.. and i don't think i really need it if i only run 8 psi...

so plz boosted3g, or thermal, u guys can help me out ~!
thanks alot !
Old 12-03-2001, 06:47 AM   #9
Boosted3g

If you only going to boost 8 psi and no more then get the type 31 intercooler and the clutch. You should already have the 310cc injectors and the Greddy box is tuning them. I would try to get a S-AFC from somewhere and then hit the dyno. I know the Greddy kit runs the A/F ratio too rich. I have seen the ratios down to 10:1 with it. I would get a fuel pump if you want to feel safe but the stock fuel lines are more than enough. Thats it. i wouldnt touch ignition unless you felt like it. You really wont gain much and for the price I dont think its worth it. If you want to boost more later then you might want to think about it. You could try a different intake manifold if they make one. Thats about it you really dont need to do anything else. If you need more power your going to have to up the boost.
Old 12-03-2001, 06:56 AM   #10
xbird

so in conclusion, fuel system should be upgraded, right?
i have actually thought of this.. from SHO Too...
i should get :
1) V-AFC just to fine tune my car first before i hit higher boost
2) intercooler when i am hitting higher boost, this is a must
3) holly fuel pump when i reach 8psi, this is for safely
4) bigger injectors like u said 310 cc? what brand is it??
5) FMU? is this nescessary??

you said i won't feel much gain in power from going 5.5 psi to 8 psi?? or u meant upgrading my ignition won't do anything?
coz i won't boost up more than 8 with my stock internals.. too risky... like u said upgrading my ignition is a waste of money if i am not boosting more than 8
of course from thoe 5 above, it's going to costme very very much already.. haha.......but i think it's good to have a plan.. coz once i see some kick ass deal, i will buy it.. hehe
Old 12-06-2001, 01:00 AM   #11
MrCLoWnY

Sup x-bird. Know that the greddy blue box is good up to 8lbs of boost. at that much boost you'll definitely wanna get an intercooler. I plan to get the type 21v intercooler or even the type31 but im afraid that for this little turbo it just might be too big and might hurt the performance. Also don't forget to upgrade your ignition. And for the fuel part i recommend that you just upgrade your fuel pump. If you only plan to boost 8lbs for now the new 255hl holly pump and the blue box will handle the fuel part.

ALso if you worried that your car may be too old and the turbo may put too much stress on your motor just know that when the turbo is installed you will not be boosting all the time as long as you drive conservatively. I can go all the way up to 80+ miles an hour without boosting a pound. Which means that the car is runnin as if stock. So, as long as you know your limits and know when to boost you'll not have any problems with your motor. HOwever, i did blow my headgasket and i been driving around like this for like 4 months now. It still runs hard but i know that it will die on me soon. I think the only reason why my headgasket blew was becuz i drove 300+ plus miles averaging around 110-130mph non stop. So i guess that was my bad. Also if you have extra money laying around invest yourself in a bigger radiator. For example maybe an integra radiator or if you can buy the Fluedyine radiator. Not only does it look dope in your engine bay but you'll never have to worry about over heating. I did experience some heating problems when i had my turbo installed by REdline WAtter WEtter took care of that problem. But most definetely im getting a fluedyne as soon as i get my financial aid check.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:05 AM   #12
xbird

thanks for the very good information! i was so happy to receive the email saying " MRCLOWNY has replied..." ohyeah mrclowny is back !!!! NICE !!! WHERE HAVE U BEEN MAN???

yes i will be boosting 8 psi later, coz i got a kick ass deal going on, that's why i was thinking of getting everything first, but now.. i am jsut getting the clutch, nothing else... coz i want to sve more for the intercooler, i would go with the type 31... it's not too big nor too small...
and yes, i won't be boosting all the time.... and i won't even be able to boostin winter, too dangerous...
about upgrading my ignition, should i just get a MSD 6a? then i wuld be good to go, right??

thanks for all the help from u moderators !!!

btw, mrclowny, do u know where is steve? turbo97ex, he never updates his instrucitons or reply my email.. i hope he got a job !
later man
Old 12-06-2001, 01:24 AM   #13
MrCLoWnY

Sup x bird. Im still here. School is just killing me. I also got a job and im officially back in the working force now. = ) i don't know about steve. But yeah msd 6al will be more than good enough but don't forget to get the MSd Blster 3 Coil and the MSD Pro cap. You'll need it.

By the way finals are next week and that means that i'll have more time which means that i'll be here more causing more trouble. = ) hahahahaha

Peace
in greddy I TruSt.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:27 AM   #14
xbird

yes me 2 ! my finals are next week !! haha... and i will be installing everything on my car shocks springs short shfiter !! so on and on ! and i will have tons of questions !!
yahoooo need ur help !! great to see u here !