::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2002, 07:08 PM   #1
tightteg52

I hate my cd player

I hate my friggin cdplayer!! i went and bought a new pioneer cd player! forgot the model and im to lazy to check it out! Anyways i installed it myself everythin goes fine tell today!!it blanks in and out on me! like it will only play if im braking! so i take it out and check all my connections re crimp everything om thinkin ok fine it should work now i fire it up yeah it works! I go for a drvie to check it out and as soon as i go forward boom! damn thing pops right outa place now i cant figure out how to make it stay in or play someone help!! And i refuse to let a "pro" do it! this is what i mgonna do for a living!!
Old 04-27-2002, 07:59 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

are you getting an error message?

If not, its most probably a defective HU..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 08:16 PM   #3
Maxvla

if it plays while braking im thinking youve got some electrical problem... or else the deck wouldn't work at all... kinda weird.

do you have the DFS alarm hooked up? that's the only thing i can think of.
Old 04-27-2002, 09:49 PM   #4
tightteg52

nothing else hooked up and if i take it out of the slot and use it on the seat it works fine!
Old 04-28-2002, 12:04 AM   #5
black95gs-t

it flying out of the dash is cause by improper install. this can be fixed most easily by, if you still have the origional radio that came with the car, it should have brackets on the sides attached by screws. unscrew these. your new radio has these same holes in it believe it or not. it will fit directly in the origional O.E. brackets. this will bypass any aftermarket dash kit you might have bought. if you used a dash kit tell me and i will help you through that. the unpredictable working of the unit is probably caused by 1 of 2 things. bad ground, or while you may have wired it perfectly, either of the 2 harness connections could be loose. the one going directly into the radio is more than likely the culprit. or the power or ground that goes into any of the harnesses could be loose. either of the last 2 would mean you need a new harness. which ever one is faulty.

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 02:37 AM   #6
Maxvla

just superglue it in there with a direct line to the battery... that should cure all ills... lol. j/k!
Old 04-28-2002, 01:33 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

umm i think all tegs with pioneer head units have the same problem. my brother has this problem, and believe it or not it was the jack that is soldered to the main board of the cd player. i opened the unit once and soldered the connections and it worked fine for just a few days and now it is doing the same. from what i could see solder was broken because of high heat and vibrations. Maybe there is not enough air back there, or the car might be putting more than 13.8 v into the unit. just a wild guess.

and for black95gs-t the honda units are a bit higher than the regular cd players found on the market, so a dash kit is mandatory.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 01:34 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ohh i forgot about max usua;lly the power does not go off. only the speakers

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 01:02 AM   #9
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by black95gs-t
it flying out of the dash is cause by improper install. this can be fixed most easily by, if you still have the origional radio that came with the car, it should have brackets on the sides attached by screws. unscrew these. your new radio has these same holes in it believe it or not. it will fit directly in the origional O.E. brackets. this will bypass any aftermarket dash kit you might have bought. if you used a dash kit tell me and i will help you through that. the unpredictable working of the unit is probably caused by 1 of 2 things. bad ground, or while you may have wired it perfectly, either of the 2 harness connections could be loose. the one going directly into the radio is more than likely the culprit. or the power or ground that goes into any of the harnesses could be loose. either of the last 2 would mean you need a new harness. which ever one is faulty.

hmm i took out another cd player before this so i will check that!! that might help! im gonna redo my ground tomorrow! And check the harnesses!! thanks for the help sounds like you know your stuff!! Also i just checked your sig out what do you do for a livin? thats a crazy discount man! do you work as a installer? if so what kinda discount do you get and where do you work at?
Old 04-29-2002, 12:05 PM   #10
black95gs-t

well my sister drives a 97 accord, which i think is a honda, j/p, and yes i was able to iso mount her after market HU in her car. most all japanese cars are iso mount capable. especially post 92. i used to work at a shop called AutoSound Security and Cellular. but no more. i was working there like 55 hours a week, and trying to take 12 hours of college classes. wasn't working. tried to cut back my work schedule but the manager said no so i said bye. then i worked at this other stereo shop and i really don't care to talk about that one. crappy product at best that was way over priced, cheap owner, bad place to work. but now i work at home depot. if you tell me what you want i might be able to get some stuff still.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

Last edited by black95gs-t : 04-29-2002 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:34 AM   #11
tightteg52

Just to update you guys it turns out i took a short cut on the speakers and that was cause ing the cut off. I took the oem speaker holders and hacked the back off with a dremel screwed them back in and now its perfection (this bein 2 or more months ago) just thought id share
Old 06-18-2002, 02:36 PM   #12
black95gs-t

cool i am glad you figured it out. "happy radioin"
J