::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2002, 04:46 PM   #1
Type R Tercel

Reverse Ls Vtec

What happens if you did reverse Ls Vtec?
You put a Ls head on a B16a bottom end?
Or a Crv head on a B18c5 block?
Old 06-12-2002, 05:06 PM   #2
blownteggy

it would be a ls motor
Old 06-13-2002, 12:10 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

what's with you and the LS engines man ? and you drive a toyota. why wann put a honda engine on it, when you can have a toyota engine fit better ? i'm not triyng to be mean or flame you but i'm trying to understand you

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 12:36 AM   #4
Kyle
elyK

i think he's looking for a new car...?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 03:21 PM   #5
Type R Tercel

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
what's with you and the LS engines man ? and you drive a toyota. why wann put a honda engine on it, when you can have a toyota engine fit better ? i'm not triyng to be mean or flame you but i'm trying to understand you

dude, how many civics have you seen with a B series motor in it? Or H series motor in it? And how many tercels have you seen with a B series motor from Honda? It's called innovativeness and distinctiveness. I'd about to yawn and fall off my chair when I go to an import show with civics that had an engine swap and turbo.
you can always make something fit when you have the time and money. Look at the type r lotus elise? so the reverse ls vtec will be faster than a stock ls engine because you aer running higher compression pistons from the vtec block?
Old 06-13-2002, 04:30 PM   #6
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Nice try, but no. They have lower displacement.

The reason no one has the things you're talking about is because, simply put, it's a waste of time and money. Why not take that time and money and build something worth having?

Edit: And, come to think of it, I've never seen a Tercel at a show, period.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 05:40 PM   #7
blownteggy

the lotus elise with the type r is built to customer spec. it was built by sun international, not lotus, and is the only way you will ever see a lotus in the US.

Higher compression means nothing, if your other iternals are crap.
doing a reverse ls/vtec serves no purpose. the whole ls/vtec thing started with people wanting more torque faster than a vtec engine.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:58 PM   #8
Type R Tercel

I found one

Well, here, i found a guy from another forum who did this, and kept it n/a. for less than 100 bux and it runs better than a sohc vtec, who's to complain? do we have any broke people here who's goal isn't to hit low 12s?

myotherrideisyourbitch says:

I have personally done a reverse ls vtec myself. It's not a waste of money if you got a block and a head layin around. It costed me 89 dollers to build it. There are a few things you have to do to get it to work.
-Plug the oil feed in the b16 block
-move the dowel pins on the Ls head
-use a ls head gasket where the dowel pins also have to be moved
-Use ls head bolts which will be to long so you have to cut 3/4in. off them
-use a belt that matches your pumps
thats it
My reverse ls vtec (ALL this stuff thrown together for $89)
-port polish and shave/portmatched intake manifold
-polished rods / b16 pistons
-96 up ls cams
This setupin 92 h/b with gsr tranny runs a 14.6 all motor
So who says it's a waste of money an $89 doller motor that runs 14.6's which has dusted GSR swap hatchbacks. LS head
Old 06-15-2002, 05:49 AM   #9
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

1.6L, no VTEC, running a 14.6 all motor on stock cams? Sounds fishy to me. What board is this? I'd like to speak with him.

Even if you've already got the block, head, and tranny, there's no way this can be done for $89, except if it's ghetto rigged. The port and polish would have to be done at home with a Dremel, the rods polished with sandpaper, etc, etc. Straight up: It's a piece of junk, and a bad idea. If you've got an LS head and a B16 block laying around, sell them and make a real motor.

BTW: Your B18C5 destroked into a D15C5? How does shortening the stroke change the engine series? Did you remove a cam? And what's with your best time? 10.94 @ ~ 63 mph? Doesn't add up.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 12:41 AM   #10
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

only thing i can think of is if he got a d15 crank and pistons, but i dont think the pistons would fit right. i dont know what your trying to pull here, but you would have a better engine if you just get the b18 non-vtec engine then a b16 block, destroking it, putting the worst DOHC head on. your asking for crank walk with the under-duty crank (designed for a 90 somthing hp econo engine) you want to put it in a capable block and put a head that has none of the modern features honda is known for? you are better off getting a f22 engine out of an accord. you will make more power. im sorry theres no way any good can come from this project, sorry to put it so plainly, but if your going to spend the money on custom fabricating a b-serise engine into your toyota, you better at least have a dohc vtec on the head.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 02:05 AM   #11
blownteggy

Re: I found one

Quote:
Originally posted by Type R Tercel
Well, here, i found a guy from another forum who did this, and kept it n/a. for less than 100 bux and it runs better than a sohc vtec, who's to complain? do we have any broke people here who's goal isn't to hit low 12s?

myotherrideisyourbitch says:

I have personally done a reverse ls vtec myself. It's not a waste of money if you got a block and a head layin around. It costed me 89 dollers to build it. There are a few things you have to do to get it to work.
-Plug the oil feed in the b16 block
-move the dowel pins on the Ls head
-use a ls head gasket where the dowel pins also have to be moved
-Use ls head bolts which will be to long so you have to cut 3/4in. off them
-use a belt that matches your pumps
thats it
My reverse ls vtec (ALL this stuff thrown together for $89)
-port polish and shave/portmatched intake manifold
-polished rods / b16 pistons
-96 up ls cams
This setupin 92 h/b with gsr tranny runs a 14.6 all motor
So who says it's a waste of money an $89 doller motor that runs 14.6's which has dusted GSR swap hatchbacks. LS head
notice how all these guys did this with SPARE heads and blocks? that's why it was so cheap.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:28 PM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

the reason the parts are laying around are because people take the good part of the b16, the head, and put it on the good part of the b18, the block leaving a b18 head and a b16 block laying around.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote