User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2004, 12:28 AM   #1
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

So the day has come...

...to move out.

Got my apartment this past week. I begin to move in tomorrow..er...well today I guess. Gotta admit I'm pretty damn excited.
Got a 2 bed/2 bath apartment...972 sq. ft. for just me. The spare bedroom is going to be my office/workout room. I'm already eyeballing a 46" Toshiba HD Widescreen for the living room. I've only got a 27" TV right now(prob about 10 or years old). Looked at the 50"+ but they are just too damn big.

Anyhow, just thought I'd post up. Sucks that I won't have internet access until the 20th. Damn cable company. Although they did toss in a DVR(digital video recorder) as part of the package. So now I can record shows I'll never watch.

Another thing... you never realize all teh crap you need when you get your own place until you move. Good thing I had alot of cash saved for this.... sheesh.

ps - I'm polishing off my tanqueray & diet coke with lime....so sorry if this makes no sense or rambles on..
Old 02-14-2004, 12:49 AM   #2
juvenile

Nice choice on the Toshiba, they make one of the best projo sets. I think they have Hitachi guns in them, which are kickass pieces of equipment, and you pay way less for them in a Toshiba then in a Hitachi. P.S Don't buy it at Best Buy or any big box store. I know I'm in Canada but I think it's same as in the states. I can't believe that half my customers even buy here without doing research. Go to a smaller store where you can bargain your way down!

P.S Congrats. I so wish I could put some money aside and move out soon also!
Old 02-14-2004, 04:23 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Congrats man...I know when I first moved out 5 years ago it was a total pain in the ass getting set up...but it was sooooo much f@cking fun. You never realize how much freedom you can really have until you actually have it. Then again, I was a poor bastard and couldn't afford a nice TV or anything more than a 1 bedroom apartment. Ahhh...to be 18 again.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 05:50 AM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

nice.. i remeber when i moved into my apt... even thought i got room mates... i got my own room and bathroom.... and we get along, so i got a living room and kitchen i dont wana aviod.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:53 AM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Yeah I'm pretty excited. I was up til 2am last night packing. And I still have some more to do(not much).

Best Buy has good warranty plan. That's the biggest reason. When you drop that kinda cash , you want to make sure it lasts.
But I'll likely get it at HHGregg since I have a hookup there.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:03 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Congrats on the new place. Moving is a HUGE pain in the ass, but its worth it if you find somewhere you like.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:26 PM   #7
4drmadness

congrats..did it for the first time over 10+yrs ago and man I was like WTF... but once you get settled in and moved and all it;s great. You will love it..

Way to go and again congrats....
Old 02-15-2004, 01:16 AM   #8
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Yeah I'm pretty excited. I was up til 2am last night packing. And I still have some more to do(not much).

Best Buy has good warranty plan. That's the biggest reason. When you drop that kinda cash , you want to make sure it lasts.
But I'll likely get it at HHGregg since I have a hookup there.

Yeah their warranties are alright. I work in HT and I can say that. At times they are a bit overpriced though. So if you like the warranties yeah go there, if not, go somewhere else.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:00 PM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

I live by myself..... I just have the basic stuff in the house: 27" flat screen, cable (and modem), DVD player suround system, playstation2 (that I barely play), coffee table, couch, a few dishes with pots and pans, small air matress, computer desk, computer with my love couch as a seat......daym, that's all I really have.... no food in the fridge but I have a few bottles of beer from working on people's car....

Dude, you have to get a George Foreman grill. Trust me. It is great and cooks quick. Grilled cheese sandwich ownzz on that grill.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 01:27 AM   #10
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Damn congrats on the new place man. I can't wait to move out but i would have to wait to finish college so it will be a lil while.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 01:43 AM   #11
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Yeah, george foreman grill is the best thing you can buy

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:06 AM   #12
silver

how much for the place?
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 04:55 PM   #13
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Ohh yeah. The Foremand Grill is already in place
Old 02-16-2004, 08:09 PM   #14
Grip72

i'll probably live at home forever
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:14 PM   #15
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Yeah, george foreman grill is the best thing you can buy

hell yeah it is! you can cook ANYTIHNG on one.

Old 02-16-2004, 10:47 PM   #16
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
hell yeah it is! you can cook ANYTIHNG on one.

Except eggs & omlets... Don't ask how I know...
Old 02-16-2004, 10:56 PM   #17
Wren57

Gratz on the moveout! Should be awesome. I can't wait to buy a house next year, gonna kick ass compared to this sh!tty dorm room...
Old 02-16-2004, 11:29 PM   #18
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
Dude, you have to get a George Foreman grill. Trust me. It is great and cooks quick. Grilled cheese sandwich ownzz on that grill.

I'm probably totally alone in this...but I HATE those things. I bought one for my apartment and a few nights later me and my roommate made hamburgers...some of the shittiest hamburgers I've ever had. I figured maybe I'd made them wrong and tried again. Same result. Then proceded to try and make some chicken that came out like rubber. I said screw it and went back my old grill (just a small grill stand with an electric element under it). As to not waste it, my brother said he wanted to try it out...he hated it too. Damn you George Foreman!
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:41 PM   #19
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Except eggs & omlets... Don't ask how I know...

hmm... maybe if you proped up the front of it so it was level..... wait no.. bad idea. ok no eggs

Old 02-17-2004, 12:54 AM   #20
mylittlecivic

i like the foremans but only for cooking certain things. I'm going to move in with chris so i can live in florida haha yea right

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 07:04 AM   #21
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I'm probably totally alone in this...but I HATE those things. I bought one for my apartment and a few nights later me and my roommate made hamburgers...some of the shittiest hamburgers I've ever had. I figured maybe I'd made them wrong and tried again. Same result. Then proceded to try and make some chicken that came out like rubber. I said screw it and went back my old grill (just a small grill stand with an electric element under it). As to not waste it, my brother said he wanted to try it out...he hated it too. Damn you George Foreman!

Well it is a non-stick grill. Non-stick stuff generally tastes different than something cooked on bare metal. The Foreman also remove alot of the grease/fat from things which can make it lose its taste. Non-stick Teflon is actaully not healthy for you anyhow.

But you're hearing from someone who drinks skim milk, eats whole wheat bread and would eat skinless chicken over almost anything (except a really good steak). I do cook out on the grill when the weather is nice. Charcoal only. Best taste you can get.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:28 AM   #22
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Dude, you need the 46 inch TV. That would fit nicely in your apartment. Im just glad you didnt by it before you moved it would have broken my back.

Cant wait for the cookout!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:29 AM   #23
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Dude, you need the 46 inch TV. That would fit nicely in your apartment. Im just glad you didnt by it before you moved it would have broken my back.

Cant wait for the cookout!

Yeah you're right. That 46" will look great. Probably get it next month. Trying to wait for the 24 month financing specials so I don't go broke all at once. I like ot go broke over a period of time.

Man if we get some decent weather, its on! I'll be bringing the Weber over sometime this weekend I think.