::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2004, 02:27 AM   #1
silver

new york city

i'm gonna be up in nyc with my friend the 22-26 of this month and i'm looking for any input from anyone either from there or that has been there as to misc. things to check out.

and if anyone wants to see my sexy ass up there feel free to let me know.

i've never been to the northeast, i've actually never even seen snow except on the mountaintops in the distance in socal, so it should be quite interesting.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 08:59 AM   #2
SolPol

Yeah...interesting. I can save ya a trip. Snow is wet and cold.

Hit up the village and chinatown definitely. Cheap stuff everywhere and good stores and all that. Tower Records and Tower Books are nice. So are the huge Barnes and Nobles.

If ya wanna go tourist style, the Empire State is like $11 to go to the observation deck.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:44 AM   #3
DsBlu01CivEX

I've only been to NYC once. You'd think living in PA for 12 yrs that I'd get up there more than that. I'm only like 4-5 hrs away. Oh well.

Yah, it's way cold up here right now and snow really isn't something I'd ever be excited to see again.

As for what to see.....when I was there I went to the Met, Central Park and the Natural History Museum. It was a school trip. But really good. The Met is great....and I liked the Natural History Museum because it was hands on. I like hands on

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 12:01 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i went once there but it was a dense fog so i didn't see too much:o

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #5
cashizslick

i was there with my girlfriend on December 22. We spent the day and saw the Rangers beat the Bruins that night.

Mad Fun.

Def check out Armani Xchange - real nice stuff ($80 for jeans!)
Old 01-13-2004, 06:24 PM   #6
mylittlecivic

i went to new york two years ago, we went to the big museum dealie(i got lost there), central park(ate a hot dog!),chinatown(lots of stuff), Down by mtv (which was away at spring break) and virgin records and yea.And empire state building which was jsut like the space needle only bigger and stuff, then a ferry to go by the statue of liberty and we did other stuff too. I think i had more fun in toronto though.......

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 06:33 PM   #7
Wren57

NYC is the SHIT!!! See if you can get to the Pearl Oyster Bar, or
Il Milano... awesome restaraunts... just walk around a TON, there is so much to see everywhere. Make sure you go into the shitshops that sell crap, but keep your hands visible at all times, as storekeepers get nervous if your hands are in your pockets...
Old 01-13-2004, 10:02 PM   #8
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
NYC is the SHIT!!! See if you can get to the Pearl Oyster Bar, or
Il Milano... awesome restaraunts... just walk around a TON, there is so much to see everywhere. Make sure you go into the shitshops that sell crap, but keep your hands visible at all times, as storekeepers get nervous if your hands are in your pockets...

but i like playing pocket pool

yeah we're gonna be staying in mid town manhatten, party like rock stars. i'm hopefully going to the met with the girl of my dreams who i'm trying to get together with up there if its possible.

i def wanna hit up chinatown the first night i'm there since it's chinese new years on the 22nd.

keep the info coming.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 10:10 PM   #9
MAXed Out
6th Gear

It's great from what i heard but i've only been there for like 3 hours passin through but it was all good. You can buy cheap engine parts from there cause most of the shit has been stolen. so keep that in mind!
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 10:15 PM   #10
RU_Teg

dunno...maybe its because iv'e lived here for so long and cant drink legally yet but nyc isnt all that its cracked up to be...well im in the bronx...if u want we can chill...go to the races(yes i kno its cold outside but theres still money to be made)...
Old 01-13-2004, 11:04 PM   #11
nonovurbizniz

F NYC...

The most disturbing thing to me about 9/11 was that my freedom to talk sh!t about NYC was revoked for at least a couple years...

It's dirty, overpriced, pointless, and FULL to the brim of A$$holes.

The second I pull into the city I get a WHOLE different attitude. You have to be a MEAN prick there to get anything done.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:27 PM   #12
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
I like hands on

I can help you out with that one, give you a real hands on experience

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
I think i had more fun in toronto at juvenile's place though.......

Yeah I know...a night to remember eh

Old 01-14-2004, 08:00 AM   #13
esthirteen

Sounds like fun. Never been there, but I want to go at least once before I'm 30.