::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2005, 12:43 AM   #1
a96710

Got some fresh ink

Well...I got another tattoo today around my Chinese name....which means golden dragon. It's kinda hard to see cause I had just put on a fresh coat of vit. A&D lotion on it. It also wraps around my forearm more but I couldn't get it all in one shot. It's just the outline. I have to go back for another session for the rest of the body which will go up my bicep and then another to have it all shaded in. There's suppose to be smoke around my characters and the dragon disappears.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pdrm0163-2.jpg (33.8 KB, 38 views)
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:44 AM   #2
CD5Passion

imo pretty badass
Old 07-01-2005, 02:09 AM   #3
a96710

Thanks...I will have to get a pic of it after a few days and the redness dies down and before I put any lotion on it
Old 07-01-2005, 02:12 AM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I like the dragon, but I'm not a huge fan of getting your name in chinese/japanese unless you are, in fact, chinese or japanese. I mean...if I got my name in spanish tattooed on my arm people would think I was a dumbass but somehow it's cool if it's in Kanji? Bah. But hey...to each his own.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:13 AM   #5
a96710

I am Chinese thoguh
Old 07-01-2005, 03:38 AM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by a96710
I am Chinese thoguh

Well there you go. I almost feel bad for people who are actually asian who want to get work like yours done. Dumbass frat boys and sorority whores have ruined the asian character tats for everyone else. I think that people should get tattoos that reflect their heritage or something deeply personal. I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only white kid in the U.S. with a tattoo in latin.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 07-01-2005, 05:42 AM   #7
mavaaoife

The only tattoo I would ever get is my hebrew name on my left inside wrist.. because well... im jewish so i completely understand what you mean. It makes me sick when madana, britney spears, and all the other fake 'kaballah fanatics' who ruin the goodname of judiasm get hebrew tattoos when in fact if they really knew anything about kaballah it is against it to get a tattoo.. fuckers..

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:22 AM   #8
a96710

I understand what you guys are sayin...I see a lot of asian writing on people that aren't. Atleast my grandparents who came from China wrote this out so I know it says what it should. I've heard stories of people finding stuff on the net...gettin it tattooed and finding out later it meant something completely different.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:35 AM   #9
Grip72

^^^^i've heard of that too!

my ex gf got "TRUST" in chinese symbols or whatever they are called....and i always thought it was sort weird how u could get sucha t hing done and not even be sure it was right! what if it meant something like...i dunno..donkey penis...or foot hahaha
woulda been hilarious if it meant "ankle" cuz that's where she got it put..bahahaha
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #10
mylittlecivic

looks awesome

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:42 PM   #11
MissJDM

Looks spiffy! Painful too.

I'm with you on this matter, Steven. It drives me nuts that half of the people in my dorm have characters embossed on their skin for the world to see. I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo, but when I "have the balls," I want something written in Vietnamese.

As for the Jew/against comment, when was the last time someone lived their life in rule based on religion? I get your point, but...reality. Unfortunately, this Kaballah thing is gonna be a trend now. Kind of like that Scientology stuff.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:47 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

If people who read the Kabbalah haven't learned from the story of the Golem, fuck 'em. Any kind of "mysticism" is generally bullshit...and the Jews aren't exactly known for being altogether eccentric so you do the math. The one nice thing about fads is that they end. I suppose I can't call Kabbalah bullshit any more than I can call christianity, mormonsim, or traditional Judaism bullshit because they all have their own batshit insane customs and rituals.