::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #1
nonovurbizniz

welding with water? WTF???

Got me... I don't know if this is a joke or what...

http://leenks.com/link41445.htm
Old 05-21-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I do'nt think it's a joke. Pretty fucking amazing if you ask me. And the fact that it can be turned into water after used and still clean is pretty amazing.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
HondaImpaler

Thats crazy. I'm surprised he's gotten as far as he has without the gov't putting a bullet in his skull.
Now just wait to see if you hear more about it or it evaporates into thin air.
The vermin you need to loathe
HondaImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

If his machine is splitting off a hydrogen atom from water, making hydroxide and a single proton, its going to make quite a bit of energy per molecule. But Id be interested in knowing how that energy is gathered..unless it does it at point of use (say at the tip of the nozzle)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Wonders if the oil companies like him?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:48 PM   #6
CD5Passion

wow thats revoluntionary right, go clearwater florida lol
Old 05-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #7
IALuder

man, thast actually pretty nuts.

i wonder how they would "power the world" on this?

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #8
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IALuder
man, thast actually pretty nuts.

i wonder how they would "power the world" on this?

figure that 70% of the earth is covered in water, that doesnt count the amount falling from the skies every minute all over the world.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #9
IALuder

what falls from the sky comes from the ground.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:11 PM   #10
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IALuder
what falls from the sky comes from the ground.

but we can't account for whats in the sky when we say 70% of the earth is covered in water, I'm sure it's much more than 70% if you count the water molecules floating in the atmosphere. I'm just saying tho.

where did water ceom from first the sky or ground
Old 05-21-2006, 10:14 PM   #11
Robert
R-Tard

I dont think the oil companies are going to kill him. There are alternative fuels sold in south america through current 'oil company' distrubution. When you think about it oil companies stand to gain alot as they have all the infastructure to deliver these alternative fuels to us.

As for this water sounds very interesting. I wonder what quality of water is required and if the worlds shrinking drinkable water resources are the best things to tap?
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:18 PM   #12
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
I dont think the oil companies are going to kill him. There are alternative fuels sold in south america through current 'oil company' distrubution. When you think about it oil companies stand to gain alot as they have all the infastructure to deliver these alternative fuels to us.

As for this water sounds very interesting. I wonder what quality of water is required and if the worlds shrinking drinkable water resources are the best things to tap?

yeah you would have to think that if you use salt water you would have to purfiy the salt of the water. unless the car would have filters?
Old 05-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #13
pdiggitydogg

It would definately have to be at least distilled water, deionized would probably be best.
The water doenst necessarily have to come from fresh drinking water...just come from a water distillery plant. At least thats what I figure
Old 05-22-2006, 04:14 AM   #14
HondaImpaler

Also he'ss not welding with water. There was no such example of joining two metals together with this process. Not even cutting, as he suggested replacing an oxy/acetylene torch. You would still need a high pressure stream of oxygen to oxidize the metal in order to cut through. He is just supplying mass heat to a small area. Still impressive, but let's not give too much credit.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:59 AM   #15
Gone

Yeah I've seen this before. I've been keeping up to date with it and other hydrogen fueling articles. It is true and that man is a genius simply put even though it has been around for awhile. Recently there was an article on someone making an engine run on the nitrogen in the air meaning... ultimately no fuel source except for the air around you meaning no tanks. Interesting things people have been doing.

Concentrating any some gas particles with excessive heat usually gives off expansion so it's not too difficult. This reminds me of those "cold heat" soldering irons that use electric currents to excite particles in solder and weakening their bonds with one another allowing them to pass over each other (liquidification).

Last edited by Gone : 05-22-2006 at 07:05 AM.
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:16 AM   #16
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

It's just a shame those "cold solder" things never work. Seriously...they suck out loud.

On a side note, this should show us all the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #17
thermal
Banning Machine

Good find. Very interesting..........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:11 AM   #18
pdiggitydogg

Pfff cold heat....
Old 05-22-2006, 10:25 AM   #19
Robert
R-Tard

There are alot of alternatives to burning oil, some more basic then others. Interestingly enough lot of those are being held from entering the US market place in favor of hybrid cars that really aren't a good alternative to a better fuel source.

This water, and other inventions/discoveries like it are helpful but only if they can be used to ease the demand for oil. I recall reading/watching something on a machine that could make oil from any carbon based item. The process used pressure and steam to cause the items to break down. It was expected to bring the price of oil down to $20/barrel. Problem is there is no money in cheap energy.

Who know if any of these things are true, or will ever come to main use in our life times. It seems to me that people can still support the $3-4/gal prices we're paying recently. I gather until we've been raped for everything we have, we wont see much push for alternatives. Gas companies are scoring record profits in these high prices for gas. Those gas companies own the house. Nothing will change until they cant make money.

I'm trying to do my part though. As a family we consume less gas for our cars. We've made a choice to comute less for things.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #20
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaImpaler
Also he'ss not welding with water. There was no such example of joining two metals together with this process. Not even cutting, as he suggested replacing an oxy/acetylene torch. You would still need a high pressure stream of oxygen to oxidize the metal in order to cut through. He is just supplying mass heat to a small area. Still impressive, but let's not give too much credit.

OH YES HE IS...

http://hytechapps.com/applications/index.html

Welding
Aquygen™ Gas can weld glass, copper, aluminum, and carbon steel

Even in the orig. video I posted he's cutting the metals...
Old 05-22-2006, 12:57 PM   #21
Gone

Okay well that's what those cold heat solders are supposed to do at least. It's "new" technology they need to spend time working with it. At least their concept is correct. I have an electrical solder that hardly gets hot so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:19 PM   #22
nonovurbizniz

well apparently this technology isn't too new... just a new process I guess...

And there is a lot of doubt out there about the usability of this for cars...

BUT if it's true it would turn the oil companies on their ass basically over night.

If the consumption this guy is talking about is true then the oil companies wouldn't even have an oportunity to revamp gas stations.

A. You can not do ANYTHING with the land that a gas station has been on EXCEPT open another gas station for like 10-20 years.

B. They would NEVER let water be held in the same tanks or the same are where tanks once held gas.

C. If they used 8oz for a 300 mile trip then your local CVS already has the supply chain set up... a gallon of distilled water is like 99cents. and at 8oz. for 300 miles your not gunna need much.

I'm frankly VERY Doubtful of this.. .I mean don't get me wrong I'd love for it to be true but I'm a doubter till I see proof.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #23
nonovurbizniz

sorry it's 4oz for 100 mile trip... but they don't mention what the gas consumption was...

Hell even as a piggyback system on normal gas cars (set up like his prototype) would be REDICULOUSLY awesome. IMO even if it only saved like 10mpg.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:48 PM   #24
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonovurbizniz

And there is a lot of doubt out there about the usability of this for cars...

BUT if it's true it would turn the oil companies on their ass basically over night.

If the consumption this guy is talking about is true then the oil companies wouldn't even have an oportunity to revamp gas stations.

A. You can not do ANYTHING with the land that a gas station has been on EXCEPT open another gas station for like 10-20 years.

B. They would NEVER let water be held in the same tanks or the same are where tanks once held gas.

C. If they used 8oz for a 300 mile trip then your local CVS already has the supply chain set up... a gallon of distilled water is like 99cents. and at 8oz. for 300 miles your not gunna need much.

I'm frankly VERY Doubtful of this.. .I mean don't get me wrong I'd love for it to be true but I'm a doubter till I see proof.

You're making too many statements with no facts. There is no legal reason you can't put 'non drinkable water' in tanks at gas stations. WIth the amount of oil based cars gas stations aren't just going to disappear.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:41 PM   #25
HondaImpaler

Quote:
OH YES HE IS...

http://hytechapps.com/applications/index.html

Welding
Aquygen™ Gas can weld glass, copper, aluminum, and carbon steel

Even in the orig. video I posted he's cutting the metals...

Yeah, but cutting is a hell of a lot different than welding. And he's basically just melting holes in shit, not doing precise cuts.

I would like to see him weld with the gas, I think it is a cool idea and something I'm open to, but until I do see it I'll be sceptical. I understand you could do a good job soldering but welding is a whole different monkey.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:42 AM   #26
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Anybody here an actual welder

Old 05-23-2006, 08:40 AM   #27
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I'm glad to see somone pursuing this. We need to look at all avenues of alternate fuels.
Quote:
OH YES HE IS...
OH NO HE'S NOT.....
He's not welding or cutting with water. He's using 220v to produce HHO or Aquygen as they call it. That gas is what's used to do the cutting of the metal. Cutting with water is what you do with a waterjet system.
Quote:

Might want to double check that. They seem to have no issues around here using that land for other purposes. They just remove the in ground tanks. Its not a radioactive site or anything.

Quote:
Non-potable water maybe. I'm sure the tanks can be cleaned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwikR6
Anybody here an actual welder
No but I play one on TV.....

Last edited by Addict : 05-23-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:24 AM   #28
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict
I'm glad to see somone pursuing this. We need to look at all avenues of alternate fuels.

I'm sure your approval of his research into alternate fuels is VERY comforting to him.

Quote:
OH NO HE'S NOT.....
He's not welding or cutting with water. He's using 220v to produce HHO or Aquygen as they call it. That gas is what's used to do the cutting of the metal. Cutting with water is what you do with a waterjet system.

Hey why don't you play symantic games some more...
A. The FUEL is WATER. Just because it's converted doesn't make it ANY less amazing.

B. Not sure how anyone is still arguing the welding point considering the QUOTE (which I've already put in a previous post) below:

Welding
Aquygen™ Gas can weld glass, copper, aluminum, and carbon steel.

So sounds like it can weld to me...

Quote:
Might want to double check that. They seem to have no issues around here using that land for other purposes. They just remove the in ground tanks. Its not a radioactive site or anything.

The second station my friends father owned has been shut down and boarded up for over 10 years... BECAUSE THEY WON'T LET ANYONE open another business besides gas there and the gas station keep going under because it's got too much competition. Maybe that's CT only but I don't see how... I've NEVER worked at a gas station that didn't have all sorts of EPA restrictions on it's land.

Quote:
Non-potable water maybe. I'm sure the tanks can be cleaned.

If the water is as efficient as stated by it's proponents then there would be NO financial viability in either converting a gas station to hold water NOR to have water distribution centers... YES that's an opinion... however I'd like to see an arguement that contradicts it. If they used 4oz or whatever for 100mile trip... YOU WON"T NEED TO FILL UP THAT OFTEN... AND the profit margins will be REDICULOUSLY lower than Fossil Fuels... the reason oil companies make so much money is that they ALREADY HAVE the refineries and the distribution network... Changing over to water would sink them... THEN they'd be good an buried once they tried to earn a profit selling what even 50 gallons of WATER a week to the average consumer?.

Quote:

Right well, I'm not a welder by trade but I've done my fair share of welding with just a torch. And frankly to say that's not welding is borderline retarded...
Old 05-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #29
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
I'm sure your approval of his research into alternate fuels is VERY comforting to him.
I don't care if its him or someone else. You have to at least explore the possibilities.

Quote:
Hey why don't you play symantic games some more...
A. The FUEL is WATER. Just because it's converted doesn't make it ANY less amazing.
Did I say it was less amazing? No I didn't. The fact that he has the process down to convert water into a usable fuel is amazing. Again though, the water is NOT doing the cutting. I'm not really into semantics anyhow.

Quote:
B. Not sure how anyone is still arguing the welding point considering the QUOTE (which I've already put in a previous post) below:

Welding

They may say it welds, but I haven't seen it do so in their demos. Sure it can fuse metals if that's what you mean. But that's different than welding.

Quote:
The second station my friends father owned has been shut down and boarded up for over 10 years... BECAUSE THEY WON'T LET ANYONE open another business besides gas there and the gas station keep going under because it's got too much competition. Maybe that's CT only but I don't see how... I've NEVER worked at a gas station that didn't have all sorts of EPA restrictions on it's land.
I'm sure they are regulated to the 'T', but I know for fact that the land can be re-used in less than 10 years.

Quote:
If the water is as efficient as stated by it's proponents then there would be NO financial viability in either converting a gas station to hold water NOR to have water distribution centers... YES that's an opinion... however I'd like to see an arguement that contradicts it. If they used 4oz or whatever for 100mile trip... YOU WON"T NEED TO FILL UP THAT OFTEN... AND the profit margins will be REDICULOUSLY lower than Fossil Fuels... the reason oil companies make so much money is that they ALREADY HAVE the refineries and the distribution network... Changing over to water would sink them... THEN they'd be good an buried once they tried to earn a profit selling what even 50 gallons of WATER a week to the average consumer?.
Sure it may not be worth cleaning up the tanks to store the water, but that's not to say it can't be done.

Quote:
Right well, I'm not a welder by trade but I've done my fair share of welding with just a torch. And frankly to say that's not welding is borderline retarded...
Borderline reatarded? You may want to look up the difference between welding and fusing. There is a difference. I've done enough welding to know that at least. You can even look on the the HyTechApps applications page and see that for yourself. So before you start with name calling, make sure you get your facts straight.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:45 AM   #30
Robert
R-Tard

nonovurbizniz - you're making too many generalized statements. If no money could be made fixing gas stations none of them would be in good condition.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #31
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:

Really? Becuase I know a welder. Good friend of mine actually. Maybe I should get him to chirp in on this one.....hahahahahaha

Old 05-23-2006, 02:15 PM   #32
pdiggitydogg

Anyone have experience with those $80 welders from harbor freight? Those probably arent too awesome.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #33
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiggitydogg
Anyone have experience with those $80 welders from harbor freight? Those probably arent too awesome.
They work. I assume you're talking about the arc welders? The MIGs start out at $180 there. Well the gas & flux ones anyhow.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:42 PM   #34
AkimboStylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiggitydogg

they work great, but when i bought mine it wasn't woring properly, took it apart and found out it was grounded to the case and wasn't producing the right voltage.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #35
HondaImpaler

Quote:

Welding

You've got a couple great points there. The actual quote says it can weld various materials, so it MUST be able to. I also slept with Tila Nguyen, Janine Lindemulder, and Jenna Jameson while I hit a hole in one on a 598 yard golf hole (#13) and pounding a nice cold Stella Artois. Feel free to QUOTE me on this.

And your fair share of torch welding does make you an expert in the field of welding. Anyone that tells you otherwise is full of it. I know because I've been welding for 6+ years and have my journeyman ticket.

That's actually the first question on the interprovincial exam:

1. Have you welded with a torch before? If yes, that makes you:
A. An expert
B. A cow
C. A plumber

Strangely enough, the second question on the test is also related to this post:

2. If someone tells you they can weld something and you don't believe them you are:
A. A pickled carrot
B. A border-line retard
C. A rectangle

Pretty obvious answers once you think about it...
Old 05-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #36
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

^Nice.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #37
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
You've got a couple great points there. The actual quote says it can weld various materials, so it MUST be able to. I also slept with Tila Nguyen, Janine Lindemulder, and Jenna Jameson while I hit a hole in one on a 598 yard golf hole (#13) and pounding a nice cold Stella Artois. Feel free to QUOTE me on this.

And your fair share of torch welding does make you an expert in the field of welding. Anyone that tells you otherwise is full of it. I know because I've been welding for 6+ years and have my journeyman ticket.

A. An expert
B. A cow
C. A plumber

2. If someone tells you they can weld something and you don't believe them you are:
A. A pickled carrot
B. A border-line retard
C. A rectangle

B and C?

Old 05-23-2006, 08:47 PM   #38
HondaImpaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwikR6
B and C?

Sorry Derik, I don't think you're cut out to be a welder.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:19 AM   #39
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Sorry Derik, I don't think you're cut out to be a welder.
Why not.
Where is the all of the above answer fuck!

Old 05-24-2006, 03:17 PM   #40
nonovurbizniz

Quote:

You are not a company nor are you selling anything... If they were selling this piece of equipment and saying it could do things it's incappable of they'd be out of business by now. It's called false advertising.

Also if your statement above was even remotely constituted something that could be taken seriously by ANYONE then ALL of those women would be within their rights to sue you.

Quote:

A. An expert
B. A cow
C. A plumber

A. A pickled carrot
B. A border-line retard
C. A rectangle

OOOOOOO I did the unholy and actually called brazing welding I'm SOOOO sorry...

P.S. you called yourself retarded in your second question... YOU are the one doubting me... so YOU are "B".... by your above sentance at least (I'm guessing what you meant to type would be "if someone questions YOUR ability to weld THEY are A. B. C.).

AGAIN... my MAIN point is that it DOES in fact say on their retail website that it CAN weld... So I will take them at their word... figuring that if they were selling a nearly 8k dollar "welder" and it didn't "weld" people would probobly be pretty pissed at this point.

I'm sure if I was such a versed expert like EVERYONE on here seems to be I would reserve my judgement till the REAL PROOF... an internet video is released.