::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2003, 03:56 PM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

My DAY at the dealership (long because I wanted it to be)

Today started off pretty decent. I went to bed early and got a good amount of sleep...which I needed to catch up on.

Earlier in the week I made an appointment at my honda dealership for an alignment and to see if they could fix the "mystery noise". The appointment was made for 10am, by the way.

So, at 9am I left the house and headed to the bank atm to deposit my check and withdraw a bit of spending cash before I went to the dealership (I left so early because I was expecting heavy traffic...unfortunatley...

I arrived at the dealership at 9:25am and decided to leave for awhile, drive around, and maybe get something to drink. I drive back toward the shopping area, stopped at Target, and bought an orange juice with the only $5 I had (decided not to withdraw $ afterall). Taking my $3 in change I left and headed back to the dealership...

I walked into the service dept and stood around for a few minutes at one of the new pooly designed desks (they face away from people who come in...). Finally I was helped and I said "Hi, I have an appointment for an alignment @ 10"
"Ok, it will be about 45minutes...we have a long waiting list"
"Uh...I made an appointment...that means that my car goes in at 10...thats what appointments are for"
"Well...we had a lot of people come in today...the list is long...I'll see what I can do"
He leaves and comes back a few minutes later, "Ok, sorry about that...its goin up at 10"
I nod and sign the form...and show myself...to the waiting room, down the hall and around the corner. Good thing Ive been there before...

After about 15mins the guy comes in and says "Theres a problem...would you follow me please?" Now at this point I dont know what to expect... He leads me back to the shop at points out that the alignment rack is too steep of an incline for my car to go up onto...(Now, it being a honda dealership I would think that they would just remove the front bumper and drive it up np...but no)

Also, they tried to tell me that the "mystery noise" is just the tire rubbing on the weather gaurd...which of course sounds nothing like metal on metal. I inform the tech that he is mistaken and that it is something else...unfortunately he doesnt listen and refuses to beleive that he is wrong.

I take it up the ass at this point, get in and drive off totally confused on what happened there and wondering what Im going to do to get an alignment and a fix.

I decide to stop off @ murrays discount auto and buy some lithium grease in a spray can (I needed some). Of course the total comes out to $4...I only have $3...I have to buy a $4 can of spray with my credit card...I feel like such an ass...
Driving home was long and stressfull...I had recieved the worst sinus headache of my life. It was so bad that I could not hear well out of my left ear. Once I got home I ran inside and took some sinus medication and some asprin (I didnt care that taking 2 things is "a no no"...I wanted it gone).

Immediately after taking them I realized that I could take this, no fixed opportunity to get a rear camber kit and fix the rears before I got an alignment. So I went online and saw that stefan was online. He said "I can only get kits at .75 degrees" which isnt enough. Sadly, I had to purchase them elsewhere...but at least I did.

After laying around for about 30mins the headache relaxed a bit and I decided to watch some tv. Not more than a few seconds later did my dad call me on my cell. Now, my cell is a total pos and I have to go outside for it to work at all. I go outside and start to talk to my dad, who "just wanted to see whats up".
So, Im walking around outside and in the driveway "shootin the shit". I just happen to look at the front of my car and see...that honda broke my damn front lip. It was marked and scratched all to hell, with red paint in all the scratches (same color as the alignment rack...) and completely broken off on the passenger side. Now, the reason I didnt notice this at the dealership was because they had pulled it outside and parked it facing away from the garage. I told my dad I had to go, and called up honda.

After talking to several people who didnt know what to do, I just asked to speak to the GM. "Clayton" then picked up and I told him the problem. Unfortunately, of course I had to bring it back in so he could see it. So...back into the car and fight traffic all the way back to honda.

I walked into the service center again, and after a few minutes of being completely ignored (again) someone asked if I needed help. I told them I needed to speak with clayton and they showed me to his office. When we got to the door, he was on the phone and he motioned "only me a minute"...you know the 1 finger gesture...no not that one...the index finger. So I just waited in the hall.
After a few minutes I realized that this guy is talking to his wife! After about 30minutes of me just standing there...in the door at that point with my arms crossed and looking completely pissed, he says "We'll I guess I'll let you go...see you tonight" He hangs up and says, "Hi, Pat, lets head outside and take a look" ....THE PRICK! He knew who I was AND what I was there for! He didnt do shit until 30mins later!

Alright, finally outside now, and hes taking a look...."Doesnt look like we caused this damage at all...looks like a curb or something" I point out the red paint and the broken clip and we begin to argue back and forth. After a while he says "Wait outside here...let me talk to the tech who handled the car...be right back"

I wait for 5mins, I wait for 10...now, it was 88degrees today w/ 100% humidity (those that know humidity...you know how hot it was...but for those that dont...think more along the lines of 110degrees...and wet). I now wait 15minutes, walk inside the new car sales floor and am asked "I see you waiting out there...something I can do?"
"Oh no thanks, I was told to wait outside, by clayton"
"oh...I...see...."

I walk back outside. 20mins later clayton walks back out and says that the tech never got it onto the ramps...obviously...he just plowed into them a few times instead. We argue again for a bit and then he says "Wait here again, I'll go talk to our detailer"
Now, sadly for him, I am pissed beyond normal human capacity. I say "OH NO...there is NOTHING any sort of "Detailing" can do to fix a nonpainted torn up piece of ABS plasitc. I am telling you that youre going to buy me the new one that I am asking for or I will see you in court!"

At that he just stares at me blankly..."Well...we have an si lip in stock...you can have that...but its blue and we wont install it" I totally begin to freak out...quickly calm down and say "You know nothing about hondas do you? This isnt an Si, its not even an 99-00 series"

A tech, who was standing nearby, on a cigarette break overheard me and walks up and says "Yeah thats an Si"
"WHAT?! Youre telling me that all Si's came with a d16y8? Youre saying that Si's were produced in 1997? Can you see the bumper? Can you see the interior?!" He looks for a second and says "I'll be right back" A few seconds later he comes back with a second tech, who again swears up and down that I am driving an 00 Si.
I just laugh at this point (I think I lost it) and walked right up to the windshield, slam my finger on the vin and say "EJ8! CIVIC EX LOOK AT THE BUMPER! 96-98 SERIES!"
The two techs shake their heads, dont speak a word, and walk off.

Clayton, at this point sees that I am through with all of this says "ok, we can order the part for your car...but Im going to have to ask you that you not come back for service....not that we dont want your money, but its too low for us to work on it. If you had taken off the lip, maybe none of this would have happened"
"Oh, right...I should have removed the lip...the next time I go somewhere for engine work, I'll be sure to remove the hood before hand"
".....ok lets get this part for you"

We walk back inside and he shows me to the parts counter. After a few minutes of total failure..."I cant find this part for your Si..." I have accepted the fact that they're retarded and I say, "no its for a 96-98"
"oh...the paper says..."
"yeah I know what it says...clayton is wrong"
"oh...ok then"

So he starts to look for it under the correct generation...and fails. turns out they cant find it because they never carried it. Then he wants to sell me the lip for a 92-95. I then have to explain that those are different as well...(seems NO ONE at this place knows about hondas).

After another few minutes, I snapped...I say "You know...forget it. I'm going to go home, find the part number and call you back. Then you can buy it for me, and ship it directly to my house" Oddly enough, they agree with me.
So I fight traffic again all the way home, hop on hparts.com and within 1minute, have the number. I call them up and tell them.

That was the end of my day. Now, the only thing I need to happen, is that they cant find a lip for me...but that wouldnt surprise me in the least...

F*CK HONDA BLOOMFIELD, MI
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 04:05 PM   #2
Wren57

damn dude, thats freakin insane... wtf how do these people get jobs at the dealership? at least you are getting a new lip outta this...

id be so pissed too

if you want to pursue this, call American Honda and report them... or whatever they are called...
Old 08-01-2003, 04:27 PM   #3
guywithastang

sounds like the dealer down here, the tech told me the trany went bad in my bro's car because of the shift knob.

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 04:30 PM   #4
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

I had a similar run in with the people who put on my tires

the 4 point lift would not fit under the front of the car, so they decided to try and lift hte back ONLY when i was getting tires only on the front...so i walked into the shop, put wome wood under it, and did it myself, then get in trouble for working on my own car in the shop.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:21 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

That is a really bad day man, but at least you will get the new lip. I'm suprised they didn't just screw you over.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 06:30 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg

well i do know the nephew of the county's chief judge...so taking legal action on them would not have been a problem, I would have definately taken them to court...

PDiggs vs Honda, court case of the yr
Old 08-02-2003, 12:18 AM   #7
G-M-W
2nd Gear

thats fed up.....they sound so ****ing retarded. im pissed off now too
G-M-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:36 AM   #8
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

*******.. makes me wanna rip balls off.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 02:30 AM   #9
juvenile

Damn bro, I heard some funny things about some honda dealerships here in Canada too. Hmmm...
Old 08-02-2003, 07:33 AM   #10
pdiggitydogg

Luckily, hondaman told me about firestone...Im gettin my alignment done there as soon as my rear camber comes in...which could be a while...stupid modacar ships slower than snails

Im also gonna try and take a look at my caliper today...maybe its a little off
Old 08-02-2003, 04:57 PM   #11
Civickid0to60

i cant believe they were trying to tell you what YOU drive. How ****ING retarded can they possibly be?! Thats like them telling me, my name is Adam and my probe isnt really a probe its a lamborghini diablo.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:43 PM   #12
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by Civickid0to60
i cant believe they were trying to tell you what YOU drive. How ****ING retarded can they possibly be?! Thats like them telling me, my name is Adam and my probe isnt really a probe its a lamborghini diablo.

Shit Adam, why didn't you tell us that was a Diablo in the pic? I KNEW it look familiar and when I told that to all my friends, they just pointed and laughed at me. Can you believe it, THEY LAUGHED AT ME. At least I'm not the only one who knows the truth...
Old 08-03-2003, 09:15 AM   #13
thermal
Banning Machine

Dude, I would've told them like this "Yeah, it's a f*****g Si..... in CANADA !!!!!!!!".

Anyway, if the whole computer system of entering your car info during the service is done correctly, you should either get a phone call from a surveyor or receive a survey sheet within a month. That is how it's supposed to be with American Honda. My ex-wife used to work at a dealership here. Each time they do service on my car, I get a phone call to rate them......

Now that you brought this up, I'm gonna have to share mine too

I had a situation like this before. Not from a dealership tho. I used to go this small shop across the street from my house to get my scheduled synthethic oil change (yeah, I cant stand doing oil change). This was a family business and they all drive Hondas which made me feel comfortable going there. I was a regular customer. They know me and my car, so I'm a familiar site there within 3 months.

I pulled in, and as usual, we have to park our cars and check in with our keys. Being a small shop, it was never really busy. They drove my car into the bay. The bay is just like any other oil-change bay that has an underground access, vice having to use a lift to get underneath. I was watching from the inside. I noticed, this boy, who appeared to be the son of the owner and looked too young to be working was trying to pop the hood of my car. I've never seen him before. No biggie since the father showed up and popped the hood himself. They finished the oil change with the kid helping off and on would sit on the driver's seat and the father would frequently look at my engine bay. I thought that he was just admiring my turbo set-up. He was holding a screwdriver for something up front. At the end of the service, the father started slamming the sh1t out of my hood to get it to latch! He would hold it straight from the up position then would slam it! I started freaking out. So I walked into the bay. They yelled and said that I have to stay out. I told them "okay, then tell me what is going on?". They said that it wouldnt latch. So I asked if I could see it. Then the owner/father told me that it's broke. I told him that it was not broke before. Then he said that he was doing me a favor by trying to fix it by getting it to latch. I told them again that it was not broke! He insisted. I told him that, if it was broke then how the hell were they able to pop it in the first place? He said that it was already popped. I told him that I just saw him and the kid popped the hood. He said that it wasnt latched. At this time, I was pretty pissed off. I took a look at the latch and noticed that the latch was already in the locked positioned that is why it wouldnt latch. So I told him that. He said, "oh okay". I was relieved but I wanted to test it anyway. When I tried reaching for the hood latch inside the car on the driver's side, the freaking handle was gone! I was like "whoah, wait a second. What happened to my handle?" The dad immediately says, "I dont know". I said, "well, I just saw you and that kid reaching for it to pop my hood". He said that the hood was already unlatched and that he didnt need to do that. Then I asked, "how did you know that it was already unlatched then?" He said that because he tried popping it. I replied, "so, you did tried popping it, meaning you reached for the handle to do so". He said, "yeah, but the handle was not there". I was like WTF! As he was looking inside my car, he found the handle piece underneath the driver's seat. Then he goes, "here's your handle". At this time, I was ready to throw some punches! I told to keep it since he owes me a new one anyway. He said that he didnt break it. I told him that he probably didnt, but the kid might. He said, "no, he is too young to even break something like that". I said, "then why do you have him working on cars?". He didnt answer. I told him that I was not leaving until he orders me a new part. He said that he didnt break it and neither did the kid. I told him that, if I was the one who broke it, why would I hide the handle piece under the seat of my own car?. He didnt say sh1t. He went inside with the kid and his wife (who was the receptionist) and started speaking in some other asian language. The boy was sent upstairs. He came back out and told me that he will pay for the part but I will have to order and pay for it first. He said that he will give me check once he sees the reciept. He also told me to never come to their shop anymore. I stood there and told him, "I cant believe that you still you still f***ing think that I broke that sh1t myself?! Do you f***ing think that I'm stupid enough to play your f***ing game?! I'm not trying to pull a f***ing scam! Think about it, I'm here paying for a $50 oil change, and you think that a piece that would mostlikely cost only about $10 is a scam project? Why dont you order that sh1t yourself! You know that your son broke that sh1t! You just wont admit it, since you are too goddaym cheap to hire a real mechanic! I have been here before and have always enjoyed your services until today! I even bullsh1t with you a few times about suping out your accord! Fuk you and your f***ing services! Dont worry, I wont come here anymore, especially after this incident....... and as a favor, I wont let anyone I know to even come near your shop! Here's the payment and keep the change (about $7-9 worth). You'll need it to hire a real mechanic!"

Sorry, this thread just brought some bad memories

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 09:21 AM   #14
pdiggitydogg

yeah i think that call will come sometime this week....im gonna lace into em.

thanks...i had forgotten about the call
Old 08-03-2003, 10:45 AM   #15
Civickid0to60

Oh yea, and this isn't the united states......this is Zimbabwa you idiots!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:15 PM   #16
pdiggitydogg

Well....honda says "It will be here wednesday"...didnt happen

Im really hoping they call tomorrow...if not Im calling them on friday to see whats going on
Old 08-06-2003, 08:22 PM   #17
pimpinprelude

dude if thay dont come thru when thay said thay would.. take them to small clames.. i mean thay messed up you car...
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 08:25 PM   #18
pdiggitydogg

Oh I will for sure...I have no doubt about that

I will at least give them the choice of hurrying their asses up or having me order it and have me bill them though...which it will most likely be
Old 08-06-2003, 09:31 PM   #19
90civiclxryder

you should warned them that the car was lowered and to be careful, because they are busy and trying to make good time
Old 08-06-2003, 09:55 PM   #20
pimpinprelude

uhh yea thats tru... but cant you look at a car and tell that it is lowered?? i mean comon.. who did thay hire at this place some tards???
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:47 AM   #21
aznriceownz

damn my honda dealer is like pro lol. my friend was buying all new stock interior parts for his accord (like the plastic parts) cuz he painted his red and he wanted to go back to stock. he came in, picked up his parts, but the dealer didnt get one of the parts. My friend ordered a different part that he forgot about, and the dealer re-ordered the part that they didnt get, and it came the next morning!
Old 08-07-2003, 04:17 AM   #22
pdiggitydogg

no I shouldnt have to tell them its lowered...because I have been in there for many things many times...hell I know a lot of these people, "Hey Pat, what'd ya break this time?" That kind of stuff, so they know about the car's drop...many do anyways...I guess I got the f-tards that dont know shit this last time...

But even if I didnt tell them...its pretty damn obvious. Plus there is a guide-tech that lets the tech drivinging the car know how close he his to the ramps...THAT person should have told the driver to stop...even if it got to that point.

And even THEN, they should have tried removing the bumper or at least the lip (although the bumper would have been much easier).

But these guys "know" I drive an Si...so what do I know
Old 08-07-2003, 08:16 PM   #23
90civiclxryder

u should tell them just to be sure, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
Old 08-07-2003, 08:28 PM   #24
pdiggitydogg

I call a new front lip and them fixing what they screwed up a pound of cure...its called responsibility

but whatever..

I called tonight after work...turns out it did come in yesterday...they just didnt call...every other part I have ordered they called...but this? no

Im just glad that after tomorrow I wont ever have to deal with these dumbasses ever again
Old 08-07-2003, 11:50 PM   #25
AzCivic

damn, this kinda shit really pisses me the hell off. Stupid f'ing retards like these is one of the main reasons I try so hard to learn about cars, so I don't have to rely on some f'ing retard to figure it out(screwing something else up in the process).

I feel for ya guys...I'd recount my Midas stories but that'd make me even more pissed.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 11:53 PM   #26
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by 90civiclxryder
u should tell them just to be sure, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

no no NO! the ****ing sh1theads who work on your car are TRAINED to work on CARS!!!! It is their job to see what kind of car it is and find out what kind of special attention needs to be given. Lowered cars are not a brand new phenomena.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:54 PM   #27
AzCivic

Also never EVER go to MIDAS!!!!! EVER!!!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:09 AM   #28
Kyle
elyK

i wanna hear the midas stories...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:33 PM   #29
pdiggitydogg

finally got the lip this morning...so happy

I never have to go to this dealership AGAIN!